Johns OD roster predictions

Juliooooo

Re: Johns OD roster predictions

Post by Juliooooo » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:15 pm

bpj wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:47 am
They dont need to spend big to add to the front of this terrible rotation instead of another Tommy Milone or Wade Leblanc, trades would be much more likely.

I don't mind being an asshole to idiots.

There's no excuse for continuing the charade with Dee Gordon and Mallex Smith on the team any longer either.

Sitting on their thumbs this winter with those bums and scrub pitchers added is an absolute loser, pussy strategy. Playing for the draft pick this season was classless enough, time to move on. I'm incredibly weary of this organization and the enabling fans that eat up the "tank and rebuild" nonsense.
You are just an ass hole in general. You are also too stupid to realize the difference from someone saying "I think the team should do this" and "I think this is what the team is going to end up doing".

I want Gordon and Smith gone as much as the next guy, but I'm not going to complain about it every single game thread next year if they aren't. I would also love to see the Mariners add Rendon, Strausburg and Cole this offseason, but it's not happening, so I'll move on. I wish they would at least go after a Wheeler type though.

I agree that trades will be more likely than FA. That may actually not happen until midseason though, similar to what the Reds did with Bauer
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

bpj

Post by bpj » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:41 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:15 pm
bpj wrote:
They dont need to spend big to add to the front of this terrible rotation instead of another Tommy Milone or Wade Leblanc, trades would be much more likely.

There's no excuse for continuing the charade with Dee Gordon and Mallex Smith on the team any longer either.

Sitting on their thumbs this winter with those bums and scrub pitchers added is an absolute loser, pussy strategy. Playing for the draft pick this season was classless enough, time to move on. I'm incredibly weary of this organization and the enabling fans that eat up the "tank and rebuild" nonsense.
You are just an ass hole in general. You are also too stupid to realize the difference from someone saying "I think the team should do this" and "I think this is what the team is going to end up doing".

I want Gordon and Smith gone as much as the next guy, but I'm not going to complain about it every single game thread next year if they aren't. I would also love to see the Mariners add Rendon, Strausburg and Cole this offseason, but it's not happening, so I'll move on. I wish they would at least go after a Wheeler type though.

I agree that trades will be more likely than FA. That may actually not happen until midseason though, similar to what the Reds did with Bauer
The Mariner community has more than its share of idiots so I understand your perception. No surprise, it's a liberal state after all, idiots everywhere.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:54 pm

bpj wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:41 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
bpj wrote:

The Mariner community has more than its share of idiots so I understand your perception. No surprise, it's a liberal state after all, idiots everywhere.
Every community has idiots and ass holes.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

bpj

Post by bpj » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:26 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:54 pm
bpj wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:41 pm
Juliooooo wrote:

Every community has idiots and ass holes.
Well we already established who the asshole is..

bpj

Post by bpj » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:23 pm

“One of the great benefits with Mallex is that he can play all three outfield positions,” said Dipoto. “We needed somebody to play right field, he played right. We need him to play left, he can play left. And that may be the role that he winds up filling here now as we are developing a good deal of depth [in the outfield].”

So basically Mallex Smith is useful in the same way as Dipotos coveted (by him) "lefties" are. In other words, not.

Fortunately what Dipoto is saying there is Mallex should be in a 4th OF role going forward. His ideal role is late inning pinch runner when we have a tie or behind one run. Like James Jones when he swept 25 of 26 or whatever it was. Huge full season value in that, imo.

https://www.mlb.com/mariners/news/malle ... 2020-plans

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:38 pm

bpj wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:23 pm
“One of the great benefits with Mallex is that he can play all three outfield positions,” said Dipoto. “We needed somebody to play right field, he played right. We need him to play left, he can play left. And that may be the role that he winds up filling here now as we are developing a good deal of depth [in the outfield].”

So basically Mallex Smith is useful in the same way as Dipotos coveted (by him) "lefties" are. In other words, not.

Fortunately what Dipoto is saying there is Mallex should be in a 4th OF role going forward. His ideal role is late inning pinch runner when we have a tie or behind one run. Like James Jones when he swept 25 of 26 or whatever it was. Huge full season value in that, imo.

https://www.mlb.com/mariners/news/malle ... 2020-plans
Either that or he is say he saying he has the bat to be a corner OFer. lol
dt

Hy Feiber

Post by Hy Feiber » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:39 am

bpj wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:58 am
Juliooooo wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:34 pm
bpj wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:12 pm

And guys like Sheffield and Dunn become placeholders for the next promising player, and so on.

No. There's no excuse for wasting spots on placeholders because guys like Dunn haven't earned anything and likely never will.

Holding a spot for them is just putting off being good for another year.

Sheffield, Dunn and Gilbert. Might as well call them the new Big 3 and see which Big 3 ends up having made more of a contribution.

Maybe it will be different with this Big 3...... Guess we'll know in 5 years.
And here is the b****ing I m talking about. Nobody is giving Dunn and Sheffield a guaranteed spot. Gilbert is the only one I think anyone has penciled in for a sure spot on the roster. Dunn and Sheffield will get their chance next year, but they may need time in the minors, Dunn especially.

Now I'd love to got Cole or Strausberg, but odds are that won't happen, so I'll have hope for the guys that afte actually on the Mariners rather than b****about not signing them for the next 3-4 seasons
That's what you dont get, signing some stopgap bum is guaranteeing them a spot by ensuring nobody better is ahead of them.

Stop bitching about people bitching, makes you look like a cunt.
Can’t we get along Island Iced Tea?

😰

Bil522

Post by Bil522 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:30 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:52 pm
This is probably the most poorly written garbage I have ever seen on the internet. If I turned this in to my 7th grade English public school teacher Iw would have got a D at best. Can not believe sodomojo let this hit their site:
Other players the Mariners have to look at trading are outfielder-designated hitter Domingo Santana, outfielder Mitch Haniger, and outfielder Mallex Smith. The Mariners could trade all three or none of them as well. Thanks to his defense, Santana might be moved along with the fact they could get a good return for him. He could see some action at first base though it will be a crowded spot.

Mitch Haniger being out of action since May will not get as much return in a trade unless the other team feels he can rebound this coming season. Again who they will get for him and where he goes is in question as well.

Mallex Smith had a poor season most of all except leading the AL in stolen bases. He feels that he can rebound and have a solid season. Jerry Dipoto says the same thing; however, those could just be words to help get a good player in return.

The Mariners should look when trading Santana, Haniger, and Smith getting back a pitcher in return. The Mariners don’t need any more infielders or outfielders unless they are part of a multi-player trade. I am sure the Mariners would like to pick up at least one starter.

They could use some relief help as well since none of the current group has a guaranteed spot in the bullpen except possible right-hander Sam Tuivailala who is projected to be pitching in either the seventh or eighth innings.

The Mariners could trade Tuivailala if the right spot comes available. Currently, the Mariners have ten pitchers vying for a spot in the bullpen besides Tuivailala. This doesn’t count pitchers that are not on the 40-man roster.

READ: Will the Seattle Mariners Trade an Outfielder?
So let it come to Dipoto we want to see action on the trade front well as signings over the next few days and weeks. You can surprise us as well as you did the last off-season though we won’t see as many. Go M’s.
The current 7th grade English teacher is a SJW who is currently protesting that President Trump is still breathing.and has not made made free Medicare available and $100k to everyone in the world that wants it

IStillLoveTheMs

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:28 pm

Oh fun... politics have crept their way into the M's forum.

I wonder if those on this board are aware that unchallenged, lunatic theories about politics shouted while sticking your fingers in your ears and having your nuts cupped by a support system made up of people exactly like you means you might not actually be right.

BaseHitDerby

Post by BaseHitDerby » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:45 pm

Bil522 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:30 pm
D-train wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:52 pm
This is probably the most poorly written garbage I have ever seen on the internet. If I turned this in to my 7th grade English public school teacher Iw would have got a D at best. Can not believe sodomojo let this hit their site:
Other players the Mariners have to look at trading are outfielder-designated hitter Domingo Santana, outfielder Mitch Haniger, and outfielder Mallex Smith. The Mariners could trade all three or none of them as well. Thanks to his defense, Santana might be moved along with the fact they could get a good return for him. He could see some action at first base though it will be a crowded spot.

Mitch Haniger being out of action since May will not get as much return in a trade unless the other team feels he can rebound this coming season. Again who they will get for him and where he goes is in question as well.

Mallex Smith had a poor season most of all except leading the AL in stolen bases. He feels that he can rebound and have a solid season. Jerry Dipoto says the same thing; however, those could just be words to help get a good player in return.

The Mariners should look when trading Santana, Haniger, and Smith getting back a pitcher in return. The Mariners don’t need any more infielders or outfielders unless they are part of a multi-player trade. I am sure the Mariners would like to pick up at least one starter.

They could use some relief help as well since none of the current group has a guaranteed spot in the bullpen except possible right-hander Sam Tuivailala who is projected to be pitching in either the seventh or eighth innings.

The Mariners could trade Tuivailala if the right spot comes available. Currently, the Mariners have ten pitchers vying for a spot in the bullpen besides Tuivailala. This doesn’t count pitchers that are not on the 40-man roster.

READ: Will the Seattle Mariners Trade an Outfielder?
So let it come to Dipoto we want to see action on the trade front well as signings over the next few days and weeks. You can surprise us as well as you did the last off-season though we won’t see as many. Go M’s.
The current 7th grade English teacher is a SJW who is currently protesting that President Trump is still breathing.and has not made made free Medicare available and $100k to everyone in the world that wants it
Wait, I thought everything in life was supposed to be free?