Josh Gordon Press Conference

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: Josh Gordon Press Conference

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:35 pm

ThePro wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:33 pm
Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:55 pm
The guy's still got issues. He's more interested in showing off his guns with all the tattoos, including on his neck, then working hard to be the best he can be. He found the right team though. Carroll won't give a shit if he doesn't show up for meetings. Probably won't even notice. He didn't seem to care when Bennett was reading books during those meetings.
Oh my god ...he has neck tattoos!!! Ban him from the league!!!
The correlation between having neck tattoos and being a self-centered douchebag is actually quite high.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:37 pm

Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:35 pm
ThePro wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:33 pm
Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:55 pm
The guy's still got issues. He's more interested in showing off his guns with all the tattoos, including on his neck, then working hard to be the best he can be. He found the right team though. Carroll won't give a shit if he doesn't show up for meetings. Probably won't even notice. He didn't seem to care when Bennett was reading books during those meetings.
Oh my god ...he has neck tattoos!!! Ban him from the league!!!
The correlation between having neck tattoos and being a self-centered douchebag is actually quite high.
:roll:

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:34 am

PC won't give a shit if he doesn't show up to meetings?...Where you get that from?...being on time to meetings is one of Pete's three basic rules. The deal with Pete is he is willing to try and teach it because it was one of the issues he faced when he first got into coaching...

on his first job...
"What I remember about it is really having a hard time getting to meetings on time," Carroll said with a chuckle. "I was just coming out of school. I didn't have my act together. I had as much trouble just getting to the staff meetings and stuff like that, being on time and being where I was supposed to be. I was [like] a knucklehead player, you know? I wasn't any better than those guys. I had to get my act together. Chester Caddas was tearing me up, my head coach back in the day. I couldn't get to places on time."

As players walk out of the locker room at Seahawks headquarters, a sign on the wall reminds them of Carroll's three rules: 1) Always Protect the Team; 2) No Whining, No Complaining, No Excuses; 3) Be Early. "That's why one of the rules of the program is to be early ... because I found that you could coach that," Carroll said. "That you could get better at it. So I have forever tried to help our guys understand the appreciation of respect and how respect is part of that, setting your schedule properly and having your priorities in order and all that kind of stuff. That was really what I needed to learn."

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:40 am

Then he's a dumbfuck for wanting someone here that couldn't show up to meetings with the Patriots on time. But somehow he's going to change him, just like he changed Percy Harvin LOL. No, I suspect that he will turn a blind eye and make excuses for him just like he did for Bennett and Sherman.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:29 am

Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:40 am
Then he's a dumbfuck for wanting someone here that couldn't show up to meetings with the Patriots on time. But somehow he's going to change him, just like he changed Percy Harvin LOL. No, I suspect that he will turn a blind eye and make excuses for him just like he did for Bennett and Sherman.
No, Wilson is the dumbfuck because he insisted the Ha2ks sign him. Seahawks wouldn't have shown interest if it wasn't for that. Wilson and Gordon ate homies.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:26 am

ThePro wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:29 am
Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:40 am
No, Wilson is the dumbfuck because he insisted the Ha2ks sign him. Seahawks wouldn't have shown interest if it wasn't for that. Wilson and Gordon ate homies.
Hopefully they eat Homey Sherman tomorrow night! :)
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:40 am

RW doesn't know shit when it comes to who he wants to chuck a football to

RW on if Josh will play against the 49ers...defiantly probably, for sure... :D
“It’s a coach question but I think he’ll definitely probably get in there, for sure,”

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:52 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:40 am

“It’s a coach question but I think he’ll definitely probably get in there, for sure,”
Hey did you see the 60 minutes segment on Duterte. Thinly veiled piece trying to show what will happen if Trump is allowed to be mean to the media.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:57 am

in terms of Harvin, the guy had issues, yeah, you take chances on guys hoping you can get them straightened out. I think it be hard to put together a championship football team without doing that
Harvin starts with the painful stuff: the migraines he has endured since he was seven. “Take a hammer and beat it on the side of your head nonstop,” he says of the pain. “If you’re trying to relax, if someone’s trying to talk to you, that hammer is still going off. You’re trying to eat, still going off.” That pounding is linked, he says, to an anxiety disorder that has gripped him since he was a kid, which he didn’t even know he had until he broke in with the Vikings and started making regular visits to the Mayo Clinic. Kept confidential by the NFL’s medical protocols, and by his own protocols of manhood, the ailment caused Harvin to play most of his 79 NFL games on little or no sleep.

“The best way I can describe it is that I felt ‘out of body,’” he says of a typical episode. “My heart would be going, I’d be sweating, I felt like everybody in the room was looking at me. My speech was slurring. I didn’t wanna eat. I was gasping for air. You’re so worked up that it’s hard to spit words out.” Inspired by NBA stars Kevin Love and DeMar DeRozan, who have spoken out recently about their anxiety issues, Harvin wants to join them in saying, It’s O.K. to be not O.K.

Harvin realizes he’s known as much for his emotional blowups—a disciplinary suspension at Landstown High; the rumored choking of an assistant coach at Florida; a televised shouting match with his Vikings coach; altercations with at least two teammates—as he is for his big plays. While he doesn’t want his anxiety disorder to be an excuse for these missteps (and while the psychologists consulted by SI believe that anxiety and emotional outbursts aren’t usually related), Harvin says, “I just know everything would have been a lot easier if I had been patient with myself.” Considering all the sleepless nights and foodless days that filled his career, though, “most of what I did”—a 9.5-yards-per-carry average in college, 9,000-plus all-purpose yards in the NFL—“was off of just ... will.”

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:04 am

D-train wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:52 am
Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:40 am

Hey did you see the 60 minutes segment on Duterte. Thinly veiled piece trying to show what will happen if Trump is allowed to be mean to the media.
I didn't see it, doubt they indicated it will happen but it can be a dangerous road to go down, Trump labeling the media, the enemy of the people...

from a couple days ago
https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2019 ... -dumaguete