Josh Gordon Press Conference

Donn Beach

Re: Josh Gordon Press Conference

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:20 am

more from Harvin...I hadn't seen this stuff

traded to the Hawks
“Those was probably the, the worst days of my life.” Harvin said. Harvin was traded from the Vikings to the Seahawks for a first round pick prior to the 2013 NFL season, which Harvin admitted that he struggled with. “My anxiety is at its worst when I go into unfamiliar situations.”

on punching Tate
After Harvin missed the NFC Championship game against the 49ers with a concussion, Golden Tate said that the Seahawks would be fine without Harvin in the Super Bowl since he hadn’t really been on the field up until that point.

“Thinking about it now, man. I can’t even believe I did it.” Harvin foreshadowed in the video. “Fast forward to, we’re in the meeting room, and I kinda asked him about it. Like, ‘Yo, bro.’ Like, you know, ‘What’s, what’s going on?’” Harvin said he was “already at 10” and there likely wasn’t anything Tate could have said that would stop the incoming physical altercation.

Harvin claims he punched Tate into a laundry hamper before Pete Carroll and other people came and broke up the fight. Former Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch ended up playing peacemaker, getting Tate and Harvin to calm down, right before team pictures. Tate has denied that any punches were thrown, but the photos appear to show him with a black eye
he smoked weed before every game, how could he get away with that?
“I was at the Mayo Clinic and I had at least seven prescriptions that I was to take, from Zoloft and all the other ones I was taking.” Harvin said. “And the only thing that really seemed to work is when I would smoke marijuana.” When he was asked about how often he smoked, Harvin said, “There’s not a game I played in that I wasn’t high.”

Hanjag

Post by Hanjag » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:44 am

I love adding Gordon to be the third WR along with Dk, and T Lock. Love it! :oops:

I think Hollister, and LUUUUUke are ok but it looked like for a 2nd year we get a special player id DIssly removed from the final EQ. Dickson, Hollister, and Luke are pretty solid as well.

bpj

Post by bpj » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:56 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:35 pm
ThePro wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:33 pm
Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:55 pm
The guy's still got issues. He's more interested in showing off his guns with all the tattoos, including on his neck, then working hard to be the best he can be. He found the right team though. Carroll won't give a shit if he doesn't show up for meetings. Probably won't even notice. He didn't seem to care when Bennett was reading books during those meetings.
Oh my god ...he has neck tattoos!!! Ban him from the league!!!
The correlation between having neck tattoos and being a self-centered douchebag is actually quite high.
Look no further than the King (Felix).

DanielVogelbach

Post by DanielVogelbach » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:27 pm

Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:35 pm

The correlation between having neck tattoos and being a self-centered douchebag is actually quite high.

Even if there's a high correlation, you're a douchebag yourself if you're making judgmental comments. 90% would be an extremely high correlation, but you still can't assume that the guy isn't in the 10% of awesome dudes with neck tattoos. Of course, I'm making up the percentages and really don't subscribe to any sort of correlation. I think a stronger correlation would be that if you have neck tattoos you have zero aspiration to be a corporate drone.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:49 pm

dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:55 pm

DanielVogelbach wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:27 pm
Even if there's a high correlation, you're a douchebag yourself if you're making judgmental comments. 90% would be an extremely high correlation, but you still can't assume that the guy isn't in the 10% of awesome dudes with neck tattoos. Of course, I'm making up the percentages and really don't subscribe to any sort of correlation. I think a stronger correlation would be that if you have neck tattoos you have zero aspiration to be a corporate drone.
No, i feel pretty solid in that observation. And people that are "non-judgmental" are either stupid or spineless, not that pointing out an observed correlation is judgmental.

DanielVogelbach

Post by DanielVogelbach » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:13 pm

Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:55 pm
DanielVogelbach wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:27 pm
No, i feel pretty solid in that observation. And people that are "non-judgmental" are either stupid or spineless, not that pointing out an observed correlation is judgmental.
You're making assumptions. It's fine to feel like there's a chance he might be a douchebag based on a fashion choice. However, to comment on it as if it's absolute truth is a poor approach, and makes you look like a douchebag while simultaneously making neck tattoos super cool, because they pissed you off.

DanielVogelbach

Post by DanielVogelbach » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:14 pm

Captain PR.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:08 pm

In a press conference on Monday evening, Carroll was asked about the differences he notices about players that have come over from the Patriots. According to Greg Bell of the Tacoma News Tribune, Carroll laughed at the question and offered this response.

Gregg Bell

@gbellseattle
Pete Carroll burst into a spontaneous laugh when asked by @BradyHenderson what he's noticed about players such as Jacob Hollister who come to #Seahawks from New England Patriots, then said: "That they are happy to be here."

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:11 am

DanielVogelbach wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:13 pm
You're making assumptions. It's fine to feel like there's a chance he might be a douchebag based on a fashion choice. However, to comment on it as if it's absolute truth is a poor approach, and makes you look like a douchebag while simultaneously making neck tattoos super cool, because they pissed you off.
Aren't you assuming that i regard my opinions as absolute truth? Do i need to preface everything i say with "IMHO"? And why do you think i was pissed off over someone's tattoo? I happen to believe there is a strong correlation in society today between getting your neck tattooed and having anti-social personality traits or sociopathic disorders. But, maybe it's become more normalized than i realize. Keep in mind, with regard to what i may have been implying, that correlation is not causality.