Poll: positions of greatest need (choose up to three)

Select up to three positions you feel the Seahawks need to address the most this offseason

QB
12%
TE
6%
OL (tackle)
6%
OL (interior)
24%
Safety
12%
DT
22%
DE
2%
Edge
6%
ILB
10%
CB
2%

Total votes: 51

Sibelius Hindemith

Poll: positions of greatest need (choose up to three)

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Mar 07, 2024 7:38 pm

Choose up to three and you can change your vote(s).

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: Poll: positions of greatest need (choose up to three)

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:09 pm

Barely half of you think DT is a top 3 position of need? Not sure what team you were watching last year.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:56 pm

They were one of the worst in the league for interior linemen on both sides and have Love and a bunch of scrubs at safety, yet some of you think QB, where they are average, is a greater position of need? The heck outa here.

trharder

Post by trharder » Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:11 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:56 pm
They were one of the worst in the league for interior linemen on both sides and have Love and a bunch of scrubs at safety, yet some of you think QB, where they are average, is a greater position of need? The heck outa here.
Well, you vote for 3. So, just because, for example, I voted QB, doesn't mean I didn't vote DT and safety as well.
Are you completely cool with Geno?

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:18 pm

I feel Interior O Line is a bigger need than D Line. I actually love Dre Jones getting pissed about his PFF rating. Did you guys look into his response? Basically saying he was used wrong. I HATE the Defensive philosophy of this team, and have for some time. This passive BS is fucked up. Jones was brought here to be a disrupting presence on the interior, and we don't allow it. Go back and read what Carlos Dunlap said a few years ago when people asked him why he had so little sacks to begin the season yet finished so strong? His answer was that he was finally allowed to do what he does. Our staff has sucked ass. It has been a bunch of guys Pete likes, and non of them were ever held accountable.

I feel QB because we are as good as we are ever going to be with Geno. 8 or 9 wins, barely making and getting destroyed in the playoffs, or barely missing. Adding a DT isn't changing that if Geno is QBing. Then? Name an edge rusher that we have that scares anyone? I felt like Love was an over looked addition last year, and ended up being our best Safety. I think we can find a Safety that will help much easier than adding an edge that strikes fear into offenses. So I said Interior O Line, QB and Edge. Not sure that makes me crazy.

This is no longer Pete's defense. We aren't building from the back forward like mister ex DB coach wanted. We aint paying Safeties big bucks. Again, Love was our best Safety. So you really think it'll be easier to add a Safety than an Edge? You really think the Interior D Line is in worse shape than Interior O Line with this defensive coaching staff letting them get after it instead of sitting back and hoping the offense makes a mistake? You REALLY think Geno gets us to 11 or even 10 wins? That GENO wins a fucking playoff game? Because I don't.
Last edited by Michael K. on Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:22 pm

trharder wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:11 pm
Well, you vote for 3. So, just because, for example, I voted QB, doesn't mean I didn't vote DT and safety as well.
There is 39 votes so 13 voters and 7 voted for DT. Just over half. That was his point.

Take it from me, the more DTs the better.

Sincerely,

DT
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:26 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:22 pm
trharder wrote:
There is 39 votes so 13 voters and 7 voted for DT. Just over half. That was his point.

Take it from me, the my DTs the better.

Sincerely,

DT
Again. Interior O Line is dogshit, Geno is mediocre on a good day and we have no one from the Edge to rush the passer. Give me the three guys we have at DT right now over the three guys we have on the O Line any day. Give me those three and a different QB any day. And give me those three with a twitchy freaky Edge defender any day!

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:52 pm

trharder wrote:
Sorry, i was being obnoxious there to provoke some conversation. What i'd like to see is what Geno can do behind a decent or (god forbid) good offensive line and then decide if it is worth investing heavily in draft stock or money to replace him. I'd rather they built up the lines on both sides first though. I would be okay with using a mid-rounder on a developmental QB though but one or more seasons of Geno (backed up by Drew) isn't going to sink them.

trharder

Post by trharder » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:07 pm

Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:52 pm
trharder wrote:
Sorry, i was being obnoxious there to provoke some conversation. What i'd like to see is what Geno can do behind a decent or (god forbid) good offensive line and then decide if it is worth investing heavily in draft stock or money to replace him. I'd rather they built up the lines on both sides first though. I would be okay with using a mid-rounder on a developmental QB though but one or more seasons of Geno (backed up by Drew) isn't going to sink them.
I was just pointing out the math.
As far as Geno, I don't think it's enough to be just "not the problem". The QB needs to be a solution.
I'm starting to think the glorious O-line that protects and enables the QB to become great - is as much myth as reality.
Putting together a top 5 O-line and being lucky enough for them to all stay healthy is as much or more problematic
than getting a play-making QB. Only a handful of QBs can be great only operating out of the pocket.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:43 pm

Pointing out the math? My point was that there are at least three positions where they are in far worse shape than QB, hence if you voted QB that means you didn't vote for at least one of those three. 3 - 1 = 2. That's the math.