Post Mortem: Seattle v Ballard 2.0

auroraave

Post Mortem: Seattle v Ballard 2.0

Post by auroraave » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:38 pm

That's because of the Nordic population in Ballard. Duh!

Week twelve of apologies to the neighbors. Sorrynotsorry because - HELLO FIRST PLACE!

Literally the first take away is if you are a Ballard fan, you can't pin this on Cousins, he played pretty well. Those boys fought to the bitter end as well, so i think it should be acknowledged they played a good game.

And because it's Seattle, they let Ballard 2.0 hang around after teetering on the brink of the season's first blow out - and c'mon, who didn't want a f'n blow out for once? Tis the season of giving, is that too much to ask for?

That offense is still the engine that drives the car. That defense that humbled Philly and stepped it up in SF, slowed down a bit. No sacks, but seemingly good pressure. Wilson took a couple of poorly timed sacks - what's up Russ? Too much turkey last week? :P

So, about that Rashaad Penny guy... gonna be a fun toy for the stretch run, huh?

Defense gets owned by screen passes - this is going to be a very, very, very, bad thing against the Lambs this week - they have a lot of 'em in their book. Also in the Lambs book is an entire chapter on Sean McVey's hair gelling techniques and beard trimming. Riveting stuff.

Despite the score, it didn't feel like a shoot out. An odd calmness about the game for the most part - probably because they didn't review every play or toss flags around like they were reenacting Iwo Jima.

Oh, and thanks for the introduction, Travis Homer. That was awesome!

Gotta get a handle on the ball - every defense in the league has taken a page from the Seahawk defensive playbook and goes ball hawking. Oh, see what I did there? This is a tough team to analyze, because on one hand they are piling up wins, and conventional wisdom says that's all that matters, but the sloppy play and the goddam refusal to stomp out the opponent when given the chance, is worrisome. At some point the stats are going to swing against them and they're gonna lose one of these games. Let's be honest - 14-2 is incredibly hard in this league, but I find it hard to believe we don't lose at least one more game down the stretch. On the other hand, and this is the rub, they just keep pulling it out.

I'm worried about the Lambs. Still a very solid team, nothing to lose mentality now, dominant showing last week vs a feisty Cardinal group.

Imagine the hype of the last game being for the division. The idea of winning that makes me giddy, the idea of the Hawks hawking out and losing at home, especially in this situation, gives me nightmares. Then good news is this team doesn't need HFA in the playoffs. They're road warriors, so there's that.

Complaints department.

Anyone see the suspension of Josh Shaw for gambling? Is this the tip of the iceberg? I've said it before, the way officiating is steering games, there is no reason not to be paranoid that gambling will take down the league. Games are too easily controlled with suspect officiating, constantly throwing flags at the most convenient/inconvenient times - almost as if it's scripted. Something to watch - because this is becoming a thing. Always follow the money - and there's huge money in gambling - and the NFL is all cozy with gambling now. Doing the math, just seems like a matter of time...

Any SoCal hawks going to the game here on Sunday? By the way, it's been somewhat rainy here - and there's rain in the forecast for Sunday.

gohawks

ThePro

Re: Post Mortem: Seattle v Ballard 2.0

Post by ThePro » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:35 pm

How did we drop in the rankings? WTF??

https://www.espn.com/nfl/

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:54 pm

that's what happens when you farm out your rankings columns to The Onion - note how SF loses and moves up three slots. Comedy gold!

Prisco has the hawks second - so you know this can't be real - he hates Seattle. Frankly, I'd rather have them undervalued and hungry. They do better in that role.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl- ... no-2-spot/

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:00 pm

so the Hawks had the flu...
Tyler Lockett, who was among the sick Seahawks, was held without a catch on three targets.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:23 pm

auroraave wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:38 pm

Anyone see the suspension of Josh Shaw for gambling? Is this the tip of the iceberg? I've said it before, the way officiating is steering games, there is no reason not to be paranoid that gambling will take down the league. Games are too easily controlled with suspect officiating, constantly throwing flags at the most convenient/inconvenient times - almost as if it's scripted. Something to watch - because this is becoming a thing. Always follow the money - and there's huge money in gambling - and the NFL is all cozy with gambling now. Doing the math, just seems like a matter of time...

This particular instance doesn't seem very ominous. The guy is an idiot. Sounds like he put down "Professional Football Player" as his occupation. He didn't know he couldn't gamble!

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:23 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:00 pm
so the Hawks had the flu...
Tyler Lockett, who was among the sick Seahawks, was held without a catch on three targets.
He missed practice all week because of it. I didn't know this was a secret?

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:27 pm

ThePro wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:35 pm

What seems even more odd is that the week we drop, the guy under fire is Chris Carson....because he fumbled LAST week? The worst thing they could find about our team was a RB who fumbled last week, yet the Niners move up after losing and the Patriots looked like shit but stay ahead of us. Heck, the week we beat the 49ers we fell further than they did in one of these stupid things I saw!

Oso Dorado

Post by Oso Dorado » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:37 pm

If we can keep winning ugly we can make it to #32 in the rankings.

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:08 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:27 pm
ThePro wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:35 pm

What seems even more odd is that the week we drop, the guy under fire is Chris Carson....because he fumbled LAST week? The worst thing they could find about our team was a RB who fumbled last week, yet the Niners move up after losing and the Patriots looked like shit but stay ahead of us. Heck, the week we beat the 49ers we fell further than they did in one of these stupid things I saw!
That didn't make any sense either.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:27 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:23 pm
auroraave wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:38 pm

This particular instance doesn't seem very ominous. The guy is an idiot. Sounds like he put down "Professional Football Player" as his occupation. He didn't know he couldn't gamble!
So he didn't invest hundreds of thousands of dollars it would take to pay off a officials and then bet Millions?
dt