False Narrative

Captain 97

False Narrative

Post by Captain 97 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:37 pm

There seems to be this prevailing opinion that the Hawks fell behind because of game plan. The theory is that Pete somehow calls a bunch of running plays that go nowhere and then in the second half they “Turn Russell Loose”
The problem with this is that if you look at the plays that were actually called that is just plain wrong.

Drive 1
3 pass plays (1 complete , 1 incomplete, 1 sack)
1 running play

Drive 2
3 running plays
This is the one everyone is complaining about for 3 straight runs. However they gained 8 on first down. I have a hard time blaming a coach for running the ball on 2nd and 2 and 3rd and 1. Especially that early in a game

Drive 3
4 pass plays (2 complete, 2 incomplete)
1 running play

Drive 4
4 pass play (1 complete 3 incomplete)
1 running play

Drive 5
5 pass plays (2 complete, 1 incomplete, 1 scramble, 1 sack)
2 running plays

Drive 6
5 passing plays (2 complete, 1 incomplete, 1 scramble, 1 sack)
1 spike
0 running plays

So in the entire first half the Hawks called 21 passing plays, and 8 running plays. That is not a coach who is stubbornly running into a brick wall. They actually ran the ball more in the second half than they did in the first. They called running plays 9 times in the second half. Frankly you guys are all full of it and don’t have a clue what you are talking about. I'll stick with the guy who has put his team in the playoffs 8 of ten years and won a superbowl rather than listen to a bunch of keyboard warriors bloviate over things that they have fabricated in their imaginations.

ThePro

Re: False Narrative

Post by ThePro » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:55 pm

To add to that Geeen Bay is 23rd vs the run. Isn't that what the "Carroll has lost it crowd" wants? A gameplan to attack an opponents weakness? And now it's a problem?

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:56 pm

I wish this was my imagination:
Danny O'Neil
@dannyoneil
The #Seahawks have played on the road in the divisional round of the playoffs five times under Pete Carroll. They have been outscored 45-7 in the first quarter of those games and 67-6 in the second quarter of those games.
dt

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:01 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:56 pm
I wish this was my imagination:
Danny O'Neil
@dannyoneil
The #Seahawks have played on the road in the divisional round of the playoffs five times under Pete Carroll. They have been outscored 45-7 in the first quarter of those games and 67-6 in the second quarter of those games.
Maybe they need to run the ball more ;)

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:02 pm

How many of those drives with ONLY 1 run had a dive played called on 2nd and 10 setting up 3rd and long?

Jesus....CONSISTENTLY suck in the first half, stats back it, and there are still people going to say because we ALMOST won that it is fine.

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:07 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:02 pm
How many of those drives with ONLY 1 run had a dive played called on 2nd and 10 setting up 3rd and long?

Jesus....CONSISTENTLY suck in the first half, stats back it, and there are still people going to say because we ALMOST won that it is fine.
They ran the ball 1 time on second and 10 and picked up 4 yards to set up a manageable 3rd and 6.

The stats don't back it though. They sucked in the first half because Russel threw a lot of incompletions and got sacked 3 times not because of calling running plays.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:11 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:07 pm
Michael K. wrote:

They ran the ball 1 time on second and 10 and picked up 4 yards to set up a manageable 3rd and 6.

The stats don't back it though. They sucked in the first half because Russel threw a lot of incompletions and got sacked 3 times not because of calling running plays.
I wonder if it goes back to what trharder and I were discussing. RW has been with PC so long he is brainwashed to not to take shots that might have even a minimal chance of a INT in the first half. Maybe I am just bloviating again. :mrgreen:
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:39 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:07 pm
Michael K. wrote:

You are honestly going to tell me that because of runs on second down we had manageable third downs? Sorry, that is not what my eyes saw.

But, you are correct. The best we can possibly hope for is to only fall down three scores...and when RW can't quit pull us out of the bullshit first half that Pete and what ever Yes Man OC has created? Oh well, we tried...and we ALMOST won.

This is tiresome. Fucking ridiculous to look at what they have done during the first half in playoff games after the Super Bowl loss and say..."yep, about the best we can hope for." You watch Russ Wilson play in the second half and think to yourself...if he only he would have decided to do this earlier? Or, like every other non brainwashed person watching, the majority of the national media not trying to kiss Pete's damn ass, and realize that the freaking coaches got in the way.

No one but Seahawk fans watch the first half of our freaking playoff games and come to the conclusion that Russ didn't really want to play football yet!

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:43 pm

Seahawk fans watching the Seahawks shit the bed in the first half. "Damn, I wish Russ didn't wait so long to play football."

Everyone else in the Country watching the Seahawks shit the bed in the first half. "Why in the hell does Pete Carroll do this all the time?"

It really is freaking amazing. Anyone that watches Russ Wilson when we are getting our ass kicked and thinks he is simply waiting for the three score deficit to turn it on has either got to be a lunatic or a member of Pete Carroll's family trying to protect his idiotic fossilized philosophy on football!

ThePro

Post by ThePro » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:53 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:43 pm
Seahawk fans watching the Seahawks shit the bed in the first half. "Damn, I wish Russ didn't wait so long to play football."

Everyone else in the Country watching the Seahawks shit the bed in the first half. "Why in the hell does Pete Carroll do this all the time?"

It really is freaking amazing. Anyone that watches Russ Wilson when we are getting our ass kicked and thinks he is simply waiting for the three score deficit to turn it on has either got to be a lunatic or a member of Pete Carroll's family trying to protect his idiotic fossilized philosophy on football!
Why would they wait? Especially if it isn't working? That makes no sense. The more reasonable explanation is that with lead the defense plays a softer coverage so what we are witnessing is garbage yards . Same thing happened Ravens game. Statistically Jackson had a great game but in reality he didn't.