Latest from the Key renovation

JAWA

Re: Latest from the Key renovation

Post by JAWA » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:17 am

I saw your interaction with them earlier as well: https://twitter.com/AaronQ13Fox/status/ ... 9729866752

Those two are notorious shills for OVG. What's funny is that they're taking all these cheap shots at Chris Hansen for "not doing anything" and yet, if it weren't for him, there would be NO KEY ARENA RENO and NO NHL here. Not to mention Chris is in no way, shape, or form trying to prevent the reno from happening. Perhaps these two assholes might want to show a bit of gratitude and respect to him instead of being the selfish, ungrateful motherfuckers they're making themselves out to be.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:18 pm

JAWA wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:17 am
I saw your interaction with them earlier as well: https://twitter.com/AaronQ13Fox/status/ ... 9729866752

Those two are notorious shills for OVG. What's funny is that they're taking all these cheap shots at Chris Hansen for "not doing anything" and yet, if it weren't for him, there would be NO KEY ARENA RENO and NO NHL here. Not to mention Chris is in no way, shape, or form trying to prevent the reno from happening. Perhaps these two assholes might want to show a bit of gratitude and respect to him instead of being the selfish, ungrateful motherfuckers they're making themselves out to be.
Oh really??? I had no idea. All makes sense now. I just assumed they were like most people who keep doubling down even though they know they are wrong. Just don't get why its so hard for some to admit it and move on. I have done it thousands of times.

LOL when I first read Key arena RENO I thought you were saying it was like Reno, NV as opposed to the Sodo arena which would be like Las Vegas, NV. :lol:

Actually a pretty damn perfect analogy!
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:11 pm

you guys really do have it in for OVG, so what deadlines have they missed exactly?

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:44 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:11 pm
you guys really do have it in for OVG, so what deadlines have they missed exactly?
:roll:

You would think the fact that I had a running bet here that I would do a nude swan dive on the ice if they opened this fall would have created and indelible memory that the said they would open in 2020. lol
NHL Seattle reacted to the article, "NHL Seattle recognizes that its ability to begin play in 2020 is dependent on the Arena being finished on time. We are confident that we will have a completed arena in time for the 2020 season and we will work closely with the NHL to keep them informed of our progress."
https://komonews.com/sports/sports-cont ... y-nhl-says

And more delays...........

https://www.nbcsports.com/northwest/mor ... rst-season
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:28 pm

Oh, their target date, that to me isn't a deadline, that what had me confused. You set the deadline with your bet, but they hadn't. The term comes from having a line around a prison if a prisoner crosses he is shot, they just set another date.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:03 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:28 pm
Oh, their target date, that to me isn't a deadline, that what had me confused. You set the deadline with your bet, but they hadn't. The term comes from having a line around a prison if a prisoner crosses he is shot, they just set another date.
They told everyone they were going to start play in 2020 and they weren't even close to getting the arena done it time. In fact it will be finished 9 MONTHS late. Yeah, no prisoners were shot but they still missed their self imposed deadline.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:04 am

They even idiotically tried to convince the NHL to start at alternated Arenas. Imagine of the Hawks would have started their franchise at Memorial stadium or the M's at Sicks because the Dome wasn't done in time.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:05 am

I have to laugh when people say nobody should care about the cost overruns. I don't because it doesn't affect me but you can bet your ass they will recoup every penny from the fans.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:22 am

the construction of the Kingdome was a total mess, I don't know how long it was delayed but the original contractor quit and they had to go through the process of finding a new one. The original cost was at $29 mil, believe it ended up being $70 mil? It ended up in Federal court. I think you are making a strawman out of the Key schedule, I don't see anybody particularly upset over how its going. I do not see that as a self imposed deadline because there not penalties to pay. Its like saying I will be by your house at seven but show up at eight, i don't see anybody really caring...

from your article, I don't see any controversy there about it, its going to take longer than they originally claimed, big deal.
In a press conference Thursday, the NHL to Seattle expansion group announced plans to open the arena in June 2021, a slight delay from the project's original target date of spring 2021. However, the new date does make it possible for the Emerald City to become host of the NHL Expansion Draft and NHL Draft before the team takes the ice for the first time during the 2021-22 NHL season.
the Kingdome
SEATTLE—A legal battle between King County and the construction company that built part cf the enclosed Kingdome Stadium here could determine whether local governments will ever be able to control the cost of major construction projects.

King County, which envelops the city, is arguing in Federal District Court that the Donald M. Drake Company of Portland, Ore., failed to stay within the price and time schedule to which it was bound in its contract and thus should pay more than $14 million in damages.

The company's bid of $29.6 million was “reasonable” and a “firm price” that was part of “a contract which could and should have been performed,” William F. Dwyer, an attorney hired to represent the county, said in opening remarks last Monday.
https://www.nytimes.com/1977/12/05/arch ... rruns.html

In terms of the cost of the thing, fans will pay what they feel its worth, cost savings would not be passed to fans or would they pay more just because it cost more.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:35 am

Better analogy is if you sold a guy a house and promised make all the repairs that were mandated in the contingency clauses in 3 months and it took a year. I am betting the over promising and under delivering will continue. Traffic problem? Don't worry we will we solve it with the monorail.

And just because fans are willing to pay doesn't mean they will be happy about it if they have to pay more than expected and those who were looking forward to it that can't afford will be even more pissed. That's all I have to say about it. I honestly don't care about hockey and have pretty much lost any interest in the NBA returning as well.
dt