What's the deal Hawks?

ThePro

Re: What's the deal Hawks?

Post by ThePro » Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:17 am

57reasons wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:48 am

but i believe it was you yourself that admitted in other posts that the recent "crap OL" contracts were all low risk no dead-money guaranteed, so perhaps not particularly positive, but not a negative either. Also you have to factor in the trade for Dunbar - no reason to parse that out separately if you ask me.
They've done some ok things. Dorsett, Finney and Olsen. It was good to bring back Reed. I think the PFF disciples are waaaaay to excited over Dunbar. My biggest bitch is the Oline. I hope they are just hedging their bets and are going to draft a couple linemen. If not this season could be a disaster. I don't understand what they are doing with Clowney

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:04 am

ThePro wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:17 am
57reasons wrote:

but i believe it was you yourself that admitted in other posts that the recent "crap OL" contracts were all low risk no dead-money guaranteed, so perhaps not particularly positive, but not a negative either. Also you have to factor in the trade for Dunbar - no reason to parse that out separately if you ask me.
They've done some ok things. Dorsett, Finney and Olsen. It was good to bring back Reed. I think the PFF disciples are waaaaay to excited over Dunbar. My biggest bitch is the Oline. I hope they are just hedging their bets and are going to draft a couple linemen. If not this season could be a disaster. I don't understand what they are doing with Clowney
I'm still with you on signing clowney, draft a study tackle first and Raekwon Davis second. cut Britt, Dickson, Iupati and then we can add another DE. I'm ok with that DE being Griffen but if you want Judon, Ngakoue or Miller instead then you cut KJ and Fluker as well. KJ i think will be asked to renegotiate regardless.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:02 pm

57reasons wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:04 am
ThePro wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:17 am
57reasons wrote:

I'm still with you on signing clowney, draft a study tackle first and Raekwon Davis second. cut Britt, Dickson, Iupati and then we can add another DE. I'm ok with that DE being Griffen but if you want Judon, Ngakoue or Miller instead then you cut KJ and Fluker as well. KJ i think will be asked to renegotiate regardless.
Here's where I get confused. I remember injury excuse after injury excuse for why we stunk to finish the season. Britt and Iupati were often times mentioned. So, now we signed three backups...and two of the guys who's injuries derailed our season are expendable? Sounds like arguing two sides of the coin for why we can make excuses for the coaching, play calling or decision making...both on and off the field.

The other injuries always spoken too were at RB. One of the guys who went down will probably be ready and the other starts the season on the PUP list. So, we couldn't run an offense to finish the season because the line wasn't good and we didn't have the RBs, we really haven't addressed that issue at all, but now we are better? I don't get it.

Not going to lie, the guy we got from Pittsburgh is the only guy I even think should be on our roster! Cutting Dickson is only about the money since he never plays anyway, and Olsen is better....but I just don't see how we can complain about our O Line and injuries one minute and the next say "just cut Britt, Fluker and Iupati and all our problems are solved!"

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:18 pm

Here is how every 2019 first round pick did last season. I was curious about OT Kaleb McGary since he was a Husky and since we could have taken him. The writer said he had a "solid" season. So I check PFF and he had a 53 rating and gave up the MOST SACKs in the league with 13. wtf made the guy think he had a solid season and he supposed to be an expert and gets paid to write about the Falcons.

29. Seattle Seahawks (from Kansas City Chiefs)
L.J. Collier, DE, TCU

Analysis: Collier needed all the offseason reps he could get after only one year as a full-time starter in college, so it was a significant setback when he sprained his ankle early in training camp. He missed the season opener, then produced next to nothing when he returned: three tackles in 142 snaps over 11 games. He was a healthy scratch six times, including both playoff games. The Seahawks need Collier to take the kind of second-year jump they just saw from Rasheem Green, who had four sacks after a nondescript rookie campaign. Quinton Jefferson's departure should open the door for Collier to see more playing time as an early-down end who can move inside in passing situations.

Rating: Has a lot to prove. -- Brady Henderson
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/289 ... store-2020
dt