Virus Schmirus

Moe Gibbs

Re: Virus Schmirus

Post by Moe Gibbs » Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:48 pm

I like the way Senator Cotton thinks.
When you finally understand that NO MAJOR EVENTS, TRENDS, OR FADS happen on a large scale due to mere coincidence and that EVERYTHING that might possibly be blamed on social engineering and political / economic agenda...did in fact happen due to social engineering and political / economic agenda......then everything that has happened since WW ONE will make perfect sense.

bpj

Post by bpj » Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:38 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:13 pm
Watching Sen. Tom Cotton right now. He says that the reason the China let the Virus escape their borders and didn't stop Int travel is because they didn't want to be the only country to suffer economically as it would lower their relative standing in the world. The purposely let it spread throughout the world so the rest of the world would have the same economic nightmare that they knew they were going to endure thus maintaining there relative standing as the falling tide lowered all boats.
Exactly.

Every dollar the US spent and lost on this should get lopped off the top of our country's debt to China.

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:15 pm

bpj wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:38 pm

Every dollar the US spent and lost on this should get lopped off the top of our country's debt to China.
And you could do the same thing at your bank if you have had to spend money on masks, soap and disinfectant. Start rewriting your mortgage.
DMM

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:25 pm

Double Mocha Man wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:15 pm
bpj wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:38 pm

And you could do the same thing at your bank if you have had to spend money on masks, soap and disinfectant. Start rewriting your mortgage.
Except it wasn't your bank's fault that you needed those things.
dt

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:47 pm

My mortgage is held by the National Bank of China. You know how mortgages get bought and sold...
DMM

gil

Post by gil » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:35 pm

I am not apologizing for the Chinese government in any way, but I've been looking for factual confirmation that China DID in fact allow international flights out of Wuhan when closing domestic travel. Quoting a story in the Washington Post (I know, I know) from Jan 23: "In an effort to contain the virus, authorities in Wuhan have shut down the region’s transportation network, including its three railway stations, 13 bus stations and its entire subway network. It is not clear when service, including flights out of Wuhan Tianhe International Airport will be restored." The story also says that at the time, China was reporting 25 deaths and 800 cases. (For comparison, this is about where the US was on March 10.) I also found a story at channelnewsasia.com from Jan 23 that said that all flights and trains out of Wuhan had been suspended. Can anyone come up with a source *FROM THAT TIME* that said that international flights from Wuhan were still going on? The closest I have found is a February 4 article saying that special flights were evacuating Americans. (I believe that President Trump's China travel ban was announced on January 31.)
Last edited by gil on Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:48 pm

Double Mocha Man wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:47 pm
My mortgage is held by the National Bank of China. You know how mortgages get bought and sold...
Then I would cease making payments immediately. Though you risk being kidnapped in the middle of the night, shipped to China and being thrown into the bad debtors wing of the uyghurs concentration camps.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:51 pm

gil wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:35 pm
I am not apologizing for the Chinese government in any way, but I've been looking for factual confirmation that China DID in fact allow international flights out of Wuhan when closing dementing travel. Quoting a story in the Washington Post (I know, I know) from Jan 23: "In an effort to contain the virus, authorities in Wuhan have shut down the region’s transportation network, including its three railway stations, 13 bus stations and its entire subway network. It is not clear when service, including flights out of Wuhan Tianhe International Airport will be restored." The story also says that at the time, China was reporting 25 deaths and 800 cases. (For comparison, this is about where the US was on March 10.) I also found a story at channelnewsasia.com from Jan 23 that said that all flights and trains out of Wuhan had been suspended. Can anyone come up with a source *FROM THAT TIME* that said that international flights from Wuhan were still going on? The closest I have found is a February 4 article saying that special flights were evacuating Americans. (I believe that President Trump's China travel ban was announced on January 31.)
The alternative is that the virus spread around almost completely the globe in a couple months on boats and buses and trains from China. Guessing Int. flights were not shut down.
dt

gil

Post by gil » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:54 pm

Moe Gibbs wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:38 am
Let me rephrase "Liberal Rich"....I don't mean wealthy Liberals, I meant areas where the population is overwhelmingly Liberal Democrat. If what I say is true, but "hateful gibberish" to you..then that tells me you just aren't very well prepared to cope with the truth.
I think your question can then be stated as, "Why is it that ALL of the worst Corona outbreaks occur in the areas where the population is overwhelmingly Liberal Democrat / Trump Hating? ..." Fair enough? I'm looking at current data from worldometers.info. Specifically cases per 1 million population. New York and New Jersey are far higher than others. Pretty clear and no argument there. But it's not as simple as you make it sound. Louisiana's number (again, this is cases per capita) is higher than the District of Columbia. Washington (State) is lower than South Dakota, Indiana, and Mississippi. California is lower than Idaho, North Dakota and Missouri. Oregon is lower than, well, lower than every state other than Alaska, Montana, and Hawai'i.

So if you define "worst outbreaks" as total cases, it is largely the more populous states that have had those. But I think it is better to look at per capita cases as defining "worst outbreaks". And looking at these data, worst outbreaks by state can't be described as simply as "overwhelmingly liberal Democrat / Trump hating."

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:56 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:48 pm
Double Mocha Man wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:47 pm
Then I would cease making payments immediately. Though you risk being kidnapped in the middle of the night, shipped to China and being thrown into the bad debtors wing of the uyghurs concentration camps.
... where the corona virus runs rampant and there are no golf courses for prisoners...
DMM