Predicting DK's 2020 stats

D-train

Predicting DK's 2020 stats

Post by D-train » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:29 pm

I think this guy is light on target and receptions but the twitter video at the end of the Eagles playoff game is worth the clicks.

https://12thmanrising.com/2020/06/23/se ... k-metcalf/
dt

Michael K.

Re: Predicting DK's 2020 stats

Post by Michael K. » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:21 pm

I couldn't get the site to work, just kept trying to reload one of the sixty seven adds.

Personally? I think everything goes down from last year, except maybe his yards per catch. I don't see him getting 100 targets in our 6 TE set. :lol:

D-train

Re: Predicting DK's 2020 stats

Post by D-train » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:16 am

I feel like I am your personal IT guy/hacker. ;)
Now that we have established who Metcalf is, and what his role was on the Seahawks in 2019. Let’s evaluate what his stats could look like in 2020.
The Seahawks have predominately been a run-first team under Pete Carroll. However, this off-season seems to show a slight change in scheme. They released several of their best run-blocking offensive linemen in Fluker and Britt in favor of pass-blocking offensive lineman.

They also decided to pay a little extra to bring Carlos Hyde into the fold, who is actually quite talented as a receiving back. Whether or not, this ends up holding much weight once the season rolls around. It is important to keep in mind as there are some pawns that have been set in motion suggesting a slight philosophy change.

I am not saying Russell Wilson is going to throw the ball an extra 200 times a year. Shoot, I’m not even saying Wilson is going to be the sole focal point on the offense despite the pleas from fans. What I am saying, is I expect Russell to throw more than he has in the last few seasons.

In 2019, Russell Wilson threw the ball 516 times. Metcalf received just under a fifth of the total targets at 100. This trailed only Tyler Lockett with 110 targets. My best guess would be that Russell Wilson will throw just north of his 2016 and 2017 seasons. This would put his total attempts around 575 attempts on the year, or 36 attempts per game.

This doesn’t necessarily spell more targets for Metcalf though. With the small philosophy change, Seattle added some weapons to their offense. Seattle brought in Greg Olsen, Philip Dorsett, Carlos Hyde and Russell Wilson is still hoping Seattle brings in either Josh Gordon or Antonio Brown. There is a lot of talented competition for the ball.

This is where things get tricky, the receiving room is more crowded than ever. This hurts Metcalf’s chance at breaking out in terms of total targets. However, I am a full believer that with one year under his belt and the chemistry that Metcalf and Wilson share, Metcalf will be fed.

Prediction for DK Metcalf’s 2020 season stats:

Receptions: 61

Targets: 91

Catch Rate: 67%

Yards Per Catch: 17.2

Yards: 1,049

TD’s: 11

Drops: 3

While I think Metcalf’s overall target share will decrease just slightly from the extra competition. I think through his work ethic, report with Russell Wilson and god-given gifts he is going to break out.
dt