Yes, its true, it was a miracle we won 11 games last season

D-train

Re: Yes, its true, it was a miracle we won 11 games last season

Post by D-train » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:19 am

The Seahawks only had about 33% of its total offensive snaps with a lead, which ranks 21st. Every team ranked below them except the Tennessee Titans missed the playoffs, and the caveat for Tennessee is they benched Marcus Mariota after a 2-4 start to the season.
dt

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:38 pm

You should make this thread a poll - who is the ultimate bitter fan on here - you or Michael K.

If Seattle was ahead all the time and let the other team back in - you'd bitch about that.
They win a close game - you bitch about that.
They go to the playoffs 8 out of ten seasons under the current administration - you bitch about that.
Every player drafted - you bitch about that.
Every player they don't draft - you bitch about that.
Every free agent they sign - you bitch about that.
Every free agent they don't sign (and over pay) you bitch about that.
Every play that isn't a touchdown, you bitch about that.
Seattle was top ten in total offense - but all you do is bitch about the oline.
When Seattle runs, you bitch they should have passed.
When Seattle passes, you bitch they should have run.
Seattle is arguably a top five franchise in the entire league, you bitch about that.
Seattle is the most successful team of the past decade, second only to NE. You bitch about that.
Seattle won 11 games - almost took the division - while not even being the most complete team in their division - you bitch about that.
Seattle gets to the second round of the playoffs despite a roster decimated by injuries - yet you blame it on Carroll and JS, like they can control that, like it was some personnel or schematic failure.

Weird pattern here - it's almost as if you and Michael K complain about ANYTHING they do. You guys have Trump derangement syndrome towards the local football team - a team that is arguably the most successful franchise of the last decade.

The ultimate irony is you are Mister Mariner fan - a team that hasn't does jack shit in 45 years - never even sniffed a championship - and you're on here bitching every single day about a team that has made the playoffs 8 out of the last ten years and played for two championships - that's not even counting the Holmgren years - one of the most successful teams across all sports. And you have a problem with that?

Maybe the problem isn't the Seahawks. Maybe the problem is there aren't enough threads about someone liking your tweet from a year ago, you know, so we can focus more on you. :P

Cue the predictable '"what, I can't criticize the Seahawks?" routine (make yourself a victim of my "oppression"). Complaining is ALL you EVER do. Jets fans aren't even this bitter. Maybe it's time to get some new material.

go hawks

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:13 pm

Hey what are you doing here. I thought following the horrible NFL was beneath you? :P
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:24 pm

How dare you post an article about the Seahawks, on the Seahawk forum, without asking AA first if it was alright?

You just spent half a page bitching because you think someone was bitching, fucking genius.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:29 pm

btw we are the 4th best team of the decade, not the second.

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2019 ... decade/29/
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:06 pm

Wow, these guys are also breaking rules by not bowing down to PC.
Chris Simms of NBC Sports, who is a former NFL quarterback, ranked Wilson as the second best quarterback in the NFL heading into 2020. He also said that Wilson might be the most important quarterback in term’s of impacting their team’s success because Seattle’s offense can be “stupid” by running the ball too much and making Wilson have to pull off heroics late in games.
I think we’d all describe Seattle’s last two years as being a really high floor and a lower ceiling than some of the top-tier teams. And in that I mean you’re almost always going to be in the game … you’re probably always going to be in the playoffs at least, but it’s been six or seven years since they’ve been to a championship.”
I think you can have a conservative approach that can allow you to generate a formula that allows you to get into the playoffs, into the dance, and yet over the last couple seasons in particular your philosophy leaves room for you to leave meat on the table. And what I mean by that is opportunities, to leave opportunities on the table.”

Heaps went on to say that with Wilson, the Seahawks need to have more trust in him to dictate things offensively, which they haven’t full embraced.

“Trust your quarterback to keep putting you in the right positions but still stay aggressive and put the ball in his hands and allow him to control things and control the game and the tempo and the flow that way you guys don’t have to wait until the fourth quarter or the final two minutes of the game or the second half for you to come back from being down 10 points in a game,” he said.

Rost noted that Carroll is a winner, but he “chooses to win his way.” But part of “his way” has often been a strong running game that works in part because you have a great defense that you can keep fresh by milking the clock more with running the ball. The Seahawks don’t have a great defense anymore, however, and that could mean a change in philosophy is necessary. But does that mean the 68-year-old Carroll will embrace change?
https://sports.mynorthwest.com/957817/w ... hilosophy/?
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:14 pm

Well said DT, and exactly what I have been saying. I am not bitching because we make the playoffs, I am bitching because we should be better, we should have more than a couple of Wildcard weekend playoff wins to show for it.

Aurorave will now go list thirty strawman arguments for why we are bitching too much about the greatest team we could possibly ask for.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:28 pm

yup, fourth best of the decade?...and they expect us to accept that kind of mediocrity?...what the hell, blow it up!

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:29 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:28 pm
yup, fourth best of the decade?...and they expect us to accept that kind of mediocrity?...what the hell, blow it up!
You don't even get a medal for being 4th best in the Olympics.....
dt