Virus Schmirus

AT Funchal-Madeira

Re: Virus Schmirus

Post by AT Funchal-Madeira » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:58 am

I have been expecting and hoping the Covid infection rate would go up and the death rate down. That is what has happened and is happening.... as more are exposed more develop antibodies and herd immunity grows. And the younger people, especially children do not die from infection. It's important to open the schools this fall, and important to keep opening businesses. And to ignore the shrill voices of the democrats who have no idea how to manage this.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:58 am

D-train wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:36 pm
I honestly don't give a f. I have been tested twice, once in Cambridge, MA Hospital and once in Montego Bay Jamaica. I'm neggy and will stay that way. I am looking forward to baseball, life liberty and the pursuit of happiness as I always have..........
You'd better get ready to fight for it then.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:01 am

Has anyone considered looking at South Korea and how they flattened their curve way back on April 10 and have had no spikes or second waves? How about Japan and Sweden who never shut down? How about Germany and the Netherlands who only shut down briefly. What did all those countries do that the United States can't? Hell, even China has managed to keep things going close to normal with their massive population density. Americans are just too stupid and slovenly, I guess, to be able to handle this without government leading them along by their noses.

Bil522

Post by Bil522 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:26 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:01 am
Has anyone considered looking at South Korea and how they flattened their curve way back on April 10 and have had no spikes or second waves? How about Japan and Sweden who never shut down? How about Germany and the Netherlands who only shut down briefly. What did all those countries do that the United States can't? Hell, even China has managed to keep things going close to normal with their massive population density. Americans are just too stupid and slovenly, I guess, to be able to handle this without government leading them along by their noses.
Well I know in South Korea they literally track everyone. They know all people's cell phone and if someone gets Covidd then anyone who has been around them, which the know via the phone numbers, immediately gets a text to report for a test. Are you willing to have the government know everything about you? That is why the US will never be able to do this.

Millikin

Post by Millikin » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:08 am

I think Sweden actually had to lock down to some extent, because things didn't go as well as they were hoping for. But, like everywhere else in the world, it was mainly densely populated areas that got hit disproportionately hard-- Places with heavily used public transportation, busy elevators and crowded streets.

I don't actually know how things have worked out for Sweden, though. Maybe they're approaching herd immunity now, I don't know. If it has worked out well for them, relative to us, maybe lockdowns weren't as necessary.

Any data from China should be ignored. They just report what they want to report. Independent observers have told different stories than what the state reported.

And as far as "flattering the curve," it actually is pretty flat in most places in the US , whether they locked down or not. Increases in cases in places like Texas doesn't seem to be correlating to skyrocketing death. Hospitalization seemed like a good metric, but recently it's been coming out that people hospitalized for other reasons are being counted if they test positive.

While China downplays their numbers, the US has incentivized reporting as many cases as possible. Hospitals and states are getting more funding based on the number of positive cases. I wonder what our numbers would look like if we were as insulated and nationalistic as China.
She/Him/This/That/Salami/Donut

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:46 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:01 am
testing and tracing

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:38 pm

Bil522 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:26 am
Well I know in South Korea they literally track everyone. They know all people's cell phone and if someone gets Covidd then anyone who has been around them, which the know via the phone numbers, immediately gets a text to report for a test. Are you willing to have the government know everything about you? That is why the US will never be able to do this.
I thought the NSA had all kinds of tracking and surveillance capabilities, or was that only the case under Obama? Anyway, knowing and tracking people's locations isn't equivalent to the government knowing everything about you. People can turn off their phones. Until we are all implanted with tracking chips we still have at least some degree of privacy.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:12 pm

This article from Mar26 has some information about the response to SARS2 in several of the smaller asian countries.
https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandso ... thing-down

This from Singapore's minister of education caught my attention...
He argued that children are safer and more productive in school and that closing schools places a significant burden on working adults, including health care workers.

"Keeping our healthcare system strong is paramount in the fight against COVID-19," he said. "Our frontline warriors will be much more assured if their children are in school, meaningfully engaged, in a safe and healthy environment."

He also pushed back against the idea that schools could be breeding grounds for the virus, saying there is little "evidence to show that the young are vectors or spreaders of the virus. The reverse appears to be the case, where the young get infected by adults at home."
Shutting down the schools here was totally needless as there is a negligible health risk to children from the virus and virtually no known cases of children spreading it to adults.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:36 am

Fort Hood under investigation. 7 unsolved murders not under investigation as of March. Fort Hood is finally being brought to light. And just most recently......

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.yahoo ... 00247.html

WTF is going on at this military Army Base!?!!!
Attachments
Screenshot_20200701-213427_Samsung Internet.jpg

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:07 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:36 am
Fort Hood under investigation. 7 unsolved murders not under investigation as of March. Fort Hood is finally being brought to light. And just most recently......

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.yahoo ... 00247.html

WTF is going on at this military Army Base!?!!!
Sorry, but what is the connection to SARS2/Covid19?

Anyway, the article didn't mention the other 6 unsolved murders. Do you think they are linked?