Tankathon is on!

Hanjag

Re: Tankathon is on!

Post by Hanjag » Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:40 am

I am putting this loss in the books. We are 1/2 game back of the Angels for pick #3 and 1.5 back from pick #1.

M's have a history of picking HOFers 1/2 the time with pick #1. And the 3rd earned 28 WAR in career so picking #1 is pretty big considering.

Vogelbomb

Post by Vogelbomb » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:18 pm

All I can say is, Inslee better allow full ballparks/arenas/stadiums in 2021 because the M's are going to be fun to watch, the Kraken going to be good fun to be at and the Hawks are the Hawks (not to mention the Huskies as well). I've been thinking about moving out of the state b.c of the shitty politics here, the high sales and property taxes, but god damnit I don't think I can just run from my M's and Huskies and now here comes a hockey team?? This isn't the time!!

Bil522

Post by Bil522 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:59 pm

Vogelbomb wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:18 pm
All I can say is, Inslee better allow full ballparks/arenas/stadiums in 2021 because the M's are going to be fun to watch, the Kraken going to be good fun to be at and the Hawks are the Hawks (not to mention the Huskies as well). I've been thinking about moving out of the state b.c of the shitty politics here, the high sales and property taxes, but god damnit I don't think I can just run from my M's and Huskies and now here comes a hockey team?? This isn't the time!!
Move to Cle Elum....small town away from the crazies but just a 90 minute commute to the stadiums

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:04 pm

Vogelbomb wrote:
It's not Inslee allowing or not allowing full parks or stadiums. It's the Covid-19 numbers. He's just reacting to those numbers. You are still alive, aren't you? It is not punishment like some folks think of it.
DMM

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:08 pm

Bil522 wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:59 pm
Vogelbomb wrote:
Move to Cle Elum....small town away from the crazies but just a 90 minute commute to the stadiums
That is what we are targeting for Retirement. Either that or the Lake Wenatchee area.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:10 pm

Double Mocha Man wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:04 pm
Vogelbomb wrote:
It's not Inslee allowing or not allowing full parks or stadiums. It's the Covid-19 numbers. He's just reacting to those numbers. You are still alive, aren't you? It is not punishment like some folks think of it.
Wait, I thought masks and social distancing work??? Is that not the case of you are watching sports?
dt

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:22 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:10 pm
Double Mocha Man wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:04 pm
Vogelbomb wrote:
Wait, I thought masks and social distancing work??? Is that not the case of you are watching sports?
Science says they do work. Screaming, shouting fans have a lot more "blow-through" of aerosols with their masks in that kind of situation. Now, if they could get you to sign a waiver promising not to shout or scream then it might work. You know, like when the Mariners are getting shellacked. Everyone quiet and reserved, raised little pinkies... pass the hors d'oeuvres.
DMM

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:04 am

#8 now on pace for 24 wins. Those picking in the teens in the contest are going to start dropping like flies in the next week or so. I need them to play 1 game over .500 to win it. We are 8-4 in our last 12 games.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:09 am

Silver lining re: the postponements:
This is the first time this season that the Mariners have had games affected by a COVID-19 test.

This will likely allow the Mariners to get infielder Ty France and catcher Luis Torrens through intake testing and possibly onto the active roster. Outfield prospect Taylor Trammell will likely go to the alternate training site in Tacoma once he passes intake clearance. Reliever Andres Munoz is still recovering Tommy John surgery and likely won’t need to report.
I see Divish is changing his tune about Torrens going to Tacoma.
dt

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:24 am

D-train wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:04 am
#8 now on pace for 24 wins. Those picking in the teens in the contest are going to start dropping like flies in the next week or so. I need them to play 1 game over .500 to win it. We are 8-4 in our last 12 games.
I see them playing precisely 7 games over .500.

:D
DMM