5 trade ideas

D-train

5 trade ideas

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:31 pm

Watt would cost WAY too much draft capital and wtf do we need Ertz for? The other three are intriguing:

https://12thmanrising.com/2020/10/16/se ... 5-players/
dt

D-train

Re: 5 trade ideas

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 16, 2020 8:37 pm

PFF grades (btw its nice to be able to post PFF grades without disparaging comments from the flat earth society)

Cox 76 :D :)
McKinley 67 > than :| but less than < :)
Kerrigan 51 :?
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:00 pm

The reason we need Ertz is because this guy has obviously been reading this forum and knows that trading Jacob Hollister would make me very VERY happy!

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:03 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:00 pm
The reason we need Ertz is because this guy has obviously been reading this forum and knows that trading Jacob Hollister would make me very VERY happy!
Ha. I didn't even see that. I am sure that will get the Eagles to part with Ertz. lol That is like the M's trading for Trout and throwing in Mallex Smith so the Angels would have a CF with Major League experience to replace him
dt

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:07 am

Ertz makes 0 sense this season. During the offseason, if they move on from Olsen, maaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyybeee. But I don't know why they would. Don't we have two rookie TEs waiting to get on the field??

McKinley would be the choice here. I'm going to guess his PFF grade reflects him focusing on rushing the passer and probably getting himself out of position on running plays. Now, that's just a wild ass guess, but if he has the highest QB pressure % in the league, I'm going with that... and THAT is exactly what we lack. Snacks could eat up (hehe) the run gaps he creates.

AZOldDawg

Post by AZOldDawg » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:06 am

Given the fact we target our tight ends about 5 times a game I think Ertz would be overkill. Lets go get an edge rusher please

Bil522

Post by Bil522 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:37 am

From Bill Barnwell at ESPN:

Falcons, Ravens and Seahawks complete a three-way trade
Seattle Seahawks get: C Alex Mack, DE Takkarist McKinley (from Falcons)
Atlanta Falcons get: C B.J. Finney, 2021 sixth-round pick (from Seahawks), 2021 seventh-round pick (from Ravens)
Baltimore Ravens get: TE Jacob Hollister

Always good to mix a three-team trade into the picture. The 0-5 Falcons are out of the playoff picture, and while they're not going to rebuild, I don't think either Mack or McKinley figure into their future. Mack is 34 and in the final year of a five-year, $45 million deal, while McKinley is in the last year of his rookie deal after having his fifth-year option declined. The cap-strapped Falcons will likely be moving on from both Mack and McKinley after the season, giving them some motivation to make a move now.

The Seahawks, on the other hand, are candidates for the top spot in the NFC after starting 5-0. Ethan Pocic has impressed at center after an inconsistent start to his career, but Mack would give the Seahawks a top-tier pivot as they try to win a Super Bowl. Pocic would move back into a utility lineman role, and the Seahawks would move on from Finney, who didn't impress in camp after signing as a free agent and hasn't played an offensive snap so far this season. Finney would be a low-cost option for the Falcons at center in 2020.

Seattle badly needs bodies along the defensive line; McKinley has struggled with a groin injury this season, but he racked up a sack and six knockdowns of Russell Wilson during the opening-week loss to these very Seahawks. We're not likely to see a star edge rusher come available at the trade deadline, so the Seahawks will probably look to add multiple players up front and try to win with depth.

For the Seahawks, moving on from Hollister is more about cap space than anything else, given that the 2019 contributor has played just 48 offensive snaps this season and has a cap hold of $3.3 million. The Ravens have disappointed a bit on offense this season, and while trading away Hayden Hurst probably wasn't the difference between what we've seen in 2020 and what we saw in 2019, they are down to two tight ends in Mark Andrews and Nick Boyle. Hollister would fill the Hurst role from a year ago and give Baltimore some insurance if Andrews gets banged up in an expanded role. Baltimore would need to free up some short-term cap space to get the deal done.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:00 am

geez I thought that was a real trade. Got excited.

Hanjag

Post by Hanjag » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:15 am

I dont like the Mack and mcKinnley deal.
We part with precious draft pick and take on money for what exactly? an injured edge that may give us a 67 pff if healthy? AN overpaid 35 year young center who has been 2 years removed from inprovement on what Pocic gives us now.

I do think the Ravens would be interested in Hollister.

I do like getting rid of Finney for a likely improvement in Mack. I just don't know if Mack improves over POcic for the run at all. And 2 would Pocic revert to suck or get hungrier if asked to ride the pine?

Hollister saves that portion of 3 M about 2 at this point. Finney is probably the bigger push he is owed 8M with 4.5G and a 2M sign bonus.

As for the other 5. I have really appreciated Fletcher Cox as one of the best non Aaron Donald lineman in the NFL for years. He is an MVP calibur player who would warp the dynamic upfront. Him, Snacks, Ford, Reed? Health provided that is the best interior in football. If we got Fletcher I would be fine with all the young guns rotating on the edge.

Hanjag

Post by Hanjag » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:30 am

My edge guys \:
I like
Moore
Taylor (best SEC edge)
Robinson ( 2nd fastest d-line in draft)
Mayowa

There is enough there to like and Green is able to come back off the IR if able.

And. I have seen flashes (limited) from LJ but flashes still the same.

With Cox that 4 man rotation on the inside would be fresh and deadly.