Hanjag wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:30 am
My edge guys \:
I like
Moore
Taylor (best SEC edge)
Robinson ( 2nd fastest d-line in draft)
Mayowa

There is enough there to like and Green is able to come back off the IR if able.

And. I have seen flashes (limited) from LJ but flashes still the same.

With Cox that 4 man rotation on the inside would be fresh and deadly.
I'm with ya on Cox, but nothing I've seen about that rotation has shown anything close to 'fresh' or 'deadly'. This team is a pass rush away from being serious Super Bowl contenders. We have ballers all over the defensive backfield and LB corps, if they had one guy that could consistently threaten the QB, more turnovers would result, more opponent drives would stall.

Hanjag

Re: 5 trade ideas

Post by Hanjag » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:09 am

The one thing I will say is that the "journalist'' seemed pretty lazy

A 4th and a 5th for Kerrigan who is not having a good year and is highly paid seems off

JJ Watt for 2 non 1st rd picks? A 2nd and a 5th? Upgraded from Kerrigan to JJ WAtt fir a boopst from 4th to 2nd Rd and remember that pick will be at or near the bottom of the round

But really too little for Watt and too much for Kerrigan

HawkandMariner88

Post by HawkandMariner88 » Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:45 am

What about Dunlap. Word is he wants out of Cincy badly enough to put his house on market.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:07 am

Griffen available again.

Dave “Softy” Mahler
@Softykjr
2.5 sacks in 7 games. 6 QB hits
Quote Tweet

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
· 2h
This is an interesting one: The #Cowboys have made it known that DE Everson Griffen is available in a trade, source says. About half of his $6M salary is left for a team looking for edge help. Makes sense with Dallas’ record.
dt

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:43 am

D-train wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:07 am
Griffen available again.

Dave “Softy” Mahler
@Softykjr
Quote Tweet

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
· 2h
This is an interesting one: The #Cowboys have made it known that DE Everson Griffen is available in a trade, source says. About half of his $6M salary is left for a team looking for edge help. Makes sense with Dallas’ record.
YES PLEASE !!!!! His 2.5 sacks would lead the team. and i'll bet he has one less unsportsmanlike launching off a lineman's back than Benson as well. the only downside is PRO is no longer here to be terrorized by his signing :) .

57reasons

Post by 57reasons » Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:45 am

57reasons wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 3:43 am
D-train wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 12:07 am
Griffen available again.

Dave “Softy” Mahler
@Softykjr
Quote Tweet

Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
· 2h
YES PLEASE !!!!! His 2.5 sacks would lead the team. and i'll bet he has one less unsportsmanlike launching off a lineman's back than Benson as well. the only downside is PRO is no longer here to be terrorized by his signing :) .
for half a season to a team that's clearly tanked, shouldnt cost more than a 7th.

AZOldDawg

Post by AZOldDawg » Tue Oct 27, 2020 4:12 am

I'm not a stat research guy but where do our edge rushers rate individually because I think it's fair to say they probably rand last as a team. Let's assume for argument's sake 90+% of the edge rushers in the league rate better than our slugs. And we can't find a way to make a deal to improve? Come on. Super Bowls don't come on trees. Restructure, cut, etc. . . . do what it takes.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:28 pm

It won’t matter who they get. We make zero effort to cover anyone. How does anyone get a sack when the QB throws the ball the second his fingers find the laces? This is 75% a schematic problem. Either Norton has to go or Pete needs to allow him to change, but no corner can cover eight yards off and backpedaling, and nobody is going to generate a pass rush when the QB’s first option is open at the snap of the ball.

Seriously, it is as if they are coached by Kent Bear or Nick Holt! It is no surprise that those two lead the worst a Husky defenses ever with a similar scheme. Justin Wilcox came in and made the same kids pretty damn good. You flat out can not be any good on defense when your plan is to leave guys wide open and hope the other team makes a mistake! It makes me fucking sick to watch us play defense. Who would have thought that would EVER happen.

It’s as if Pete said, “fine you assholes, we’ll let Russ cook...but wait till you see this bullshit I draw up for the defense!”

We play defense like a big play is worth more points. If explosive plays were demoralizing and ruined a team, we wouldn’t have lost to the Cardinals and the Cowboys and Pats wouldn’t have had the ball with a chance to beat us. Make a damn effort to stop the other guy, PLEASE!

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:26 pm

More good news. Adams might not even practice this week.....
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:35 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:26 pm
More good news. Adams might not even practice this week.....
Wash, rinse, repeat. If we had signed Clowney he would have contracted COVID on the day he tore his knee!