Churchill offers up a rail car full of mediocrity for possible moves

D-train

Churchill offers up a rail car full of mediocrity for possible moves

Post by D-train » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:21 pm

https://prospectinsider.com/mariners-fr ... i-frazier/

btw we have Moore and Crawford, France and Lopes. Why would we need a utility guy???
dt

Petert

Re: Churchill offers up a rail car full of mediocrity for possible moves

Post by Petert » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:28 pm

The Andujar suggestion had me baffled.

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:14 pm

Jake Odorizzi might be a one yr option. That is about the only FA I see in that list

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:26 pm

Maybe gausman but if they weren't obsessed with a six-man rotation we wouldn't even need another starter. And why was it okay to sign Kikuchi on a long-term significant deal 2 minutes into the rebuild but they still can't do it now for American or Hispanic players?
dt

IStillLoveTheMs

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:49 am

My favorite line: "Because it’s not time for Dipoto to trade young talent for major leaguers, at least not in a significant manner."

Then it's not time to compete. So stop saying you are.

Hanjag

Post by Hanjag » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:03 am

D-train wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:21 pm
https://prospectinsider.com/mariners-fr ... i-frazier/

btw we have Moore and Crawford, France and Lopes. Why would we need a utility guy???
I saw this the other day but was not really intrigued by much

The BP guys have some decent options
starters I need to see them reach for somebody that has a reasonable chance of being a 1-2-3
You can never go wrong adding an Ace to the top so
3 additins from contention
Trevor Bauer Get creative 30 Million 1year with some sort of trade clause like if you don't pick the trade offer I want ad a 10% to get the better prospect package? +Walker, Paxton, Tanka That is probably about it here

Add an Ace to the back end Trienen , Hendricks, Colome Greene 10 Million to 15 M

Finally, Seattle loves reunions Sign Cruz to be 1B/DH I know he has never played the position but add in a 40 HR bat and reall push to see if he is up to work his tail to learn the position while knowing if tyhe rookie hits he will be DH mainly and for his reward hit him with 15 to 20 M
=====
line-up
JP SS
Moore LF
Kyle Lewis CF
Cruz DH/1B
Haniger RF
Seager 3B
France 2B
Murphy/Torrens C
Evan White 1B

Bench catcher not playing Murphy, after time considerations re dealt with Kelenic pushes Moore to either 2B or combo of France to DH super utility both Moore and France can play OF, 2B, 3b, and Moore even plays SS. On White it would be great if he makes adjustments and come in and hit somewhere north of a 105 OPS+ but if he needs more time you do it and rotate Cruz, France, Moore in and out of the position. Some combo of Lopes, Irvin, Haggerty, Tramwell(service time) round it out.

STARTERS
Bauer
Marco
Kik
Gilbert (service time)
Justus
Dunn

BP ( BP is hardest to project there is always injuries and guys picked up that are good on the cheap) Top 4 I am pretty sure on
Trienen
Munoz (Padre trade)
Gravemann
Yohan R
Guilbeau
Yak
Hamilton
Delaplane
Warren
Swanson

I'd call em a contender with those three moves
Last edited by Hanjag on Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bil522

Post by Bil522 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:12 am

I had forgotten how much I despise Churchill's writing. I wish someone would gift him a subscription to Grammarly so his writing would be whiney and grammatically correct.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:00 am

IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:49 am
My favorite line: "Because it’s not time for Dipoto to trade young talent for major leaguers, at least not in a significant manner."

Then it's not time to compete. So stop saying you are.
Exactly
dt

IStillLoveTheMs

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:51 pm

I'd be all for singing Cruz but I can tell you right now he wants no part of playing 1B. Why on earth would a 40 year old want to go somewhere where he needs to "learn a position"... ?

Hey Edgar, you've put up seasons of 1.031 and .992 OPS the last few years, here's $15-20 million BUT you better learn how to play 1B! :lol:

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:08 pm

IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:51 pm
I'd be all for singing Cruz but I can tell you right now he wants no part of playing 1B. Why on earth would a 40 year old want to go somewhere where he needs to "learn a position"... ?

Hey Edgar, you've put up seasons of 1.031 and .992 OPS the last few years, here's $15-20 million BUT you better learn how to play 1B! :lol:
Not to mention you think 1B d is so important you sign a D wizard to a $24M deal even though he has never played above AA and then sign a 40 yo who has never played 1B to play 1B??? Wait, actually sounds like something they might do.
dt