Post Mortem: Seahawks v Cardinals

Michael K.

Re: Post Mortem: Seahawks v Cardinals

Post by Michael K. » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:15 am

The talk of the run pass balance cracks me up. 10 of the rushing attempts were by our QB, who scrambled on PASS plays. Add those in as passing calls and we aren’t exactly back to Ground Chuck. There were far more pass plays called then run plays. Which is fine by me. As I have said, let Russ cook doesn’t mean throw every damn down, it means play with some urgency and give him some trust. They have done both of those things. I liked the offense...real good mix. I got mad on one third and short because we had no short options...otherwise? Moore and DK did some dumb shit, and a rookie who has never played Center before messed up a few times...but not much to complain about.

Same with the defense. I don’t love two LBs plus Adams in Nickel, and there were some soft coverages, it not much to co 0lain about.

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:31 am

It just amazes me that in 2020 the entire football media uses these stats without accounting for scrambles. It's almost as bad as when years ago every color commenter on a Hail Mary would say, "Throw it up there and hope for a flag".

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:01 am

Hugh Millen believes they should be targeting DK at least 10 times a game.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:07 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:01 am
So he can drop four instead of two? Look, he’s a stud, but two straight up drops in five throws? Lockett was nine for nine....wasn’t DK’s night. His drop cost us four points. Eleven down the stretch is much better than seven. That shit drives me nuts, he didn’t do anything to deserve more looks that night AND we won, but Hugh, the guy that threw like nine NFL passes in his life, wants to question who Russ gave the ball to?

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:38 pm

kind of interesting, a breakdown of the Rams loss arguing the Hawks had gotten too pass happy. It was Pete listening to those damn fans! Know what they say, listen to the fans, you end up sitting with the fans lol

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/11/rams-s ... te-carroll

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:29 pm

Our RBs were Collins and Dallas. Giving them 15-20 carries each would have been questionable.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:40 pm

I don't know if its about how many carries as it would be responding to the sort of defense you are facing on a given play

second and three?...

3rd and four?

auroraave

Post by auroraave » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:44 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:07 am
Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:01 am
So he can drop four instead of two? Look, he’s a stud, but two straight up drops in five throws? Lockett was nine for nine....wasn’t DK’s night. His drop cost us four points. Eleven down the stretch is much better than seven. That shit drives me nuts, he didn’t do anything to deserve more looks that night AND we won, but Hugh, the guy that threw like nine NFL passes in his life, wants to question who Russ gave the ball to?
That is a hilarious answer! Also, how does Hugh Millen know what plays DK is the #1 target? Is he factoring in the defense where he might be double teamed, thus leaving another receiver open for a higher percentage play? What about the most obvious factor - that the QB didn't throw him the ball. is that Schotty's fault? What about using DK as a decoy? Gee, you think that might be part of a strategy? Some people are just assholes looking to judge other's so people will think they are smart. Usually, and most QB's know this, the defense plays a MAJOR role in who the ball is thrown too, based off the coverage. Not knowing that may be why Millen only had 9 passes in his illustrious HOF career.

Next up: Why aren't they targeting DK 20 times a game? Why isn't RW just throwing 10 TD's a game? Why doesn't the Seattle defense just stop giving up points? FIRE EVERYONE! TRADE RW! #idiiots - the extra i is for extra idiocy. :P

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:03 pm

Man I don't miss the "experts" on Seattle Sports radio.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:49 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:38 pm
kind of interesting, a breakdown of the Rams loss arguing the Hawks had gotten too pass happy. It was Pete listening to those damn fans! Know what they say, listen to the fans, you end up sitting with the fans lol

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/11/rams-s ... te-carroll
They called 38 pass plays to 21 run plays on Thursday. Russ ran it ten times, not one of them was a designed run. This cracks me up.....38 passes to 21 runs is now somehow run happy, because 10 of the 38 the QB scrambled. The coach changed nothing....the QB ran more and the RBs who played against the Rams fucking suck...the ones that played Thursday don’t. No great mystery.