Post Mortem: Seahawks v Cardinals

Michael K.

Re: Post Mortem: Seahawks v Cardinals

Post by Michael K. » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:02 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:18 pm
just was curious if you were enjoying the Hawks being 7-3, you can feel about it anyway you like, makes no difference to me
I think everyone is. Every game in the NFL is big because you only play one a week. And seriously? I was starting to think the Cards were some kind of team of destiny. I felt like we DOMINATED them, in both games. We had an odd third and short call in the first half, punted it to them and then we forced another three and out, only to have the Refs flag us for a ridiculous holding call wiping out a huge gain only to ignore a blatant PI on the next play. Mayowa's blunder in the first game, coupled with Wagner's mistake, then the INT in OT so they could beat us? Then they get a freaking Hail Mary win over Buffalo, the odd first half and then we AGAIN have a dumb defensive penalty, this time on Diggs? I was just starting to think that a team that should be 4 and 6 was going to luck into a third win and be 7 and 3!

The defense getting a stop, dropping the Cards and elevating us? Hell yes I was thrilled. Then the Colts hold on to beat the Packers? The only thing that didn't go right this weekend was Matt Ryan melting against the Saints. Man, he looks like he is seeing Ghosts. They had that game under control in the first half, but settled for 3 FGs. It could have been 21 to 3 at one point, but the never forced the Saints hand because Ryan had the yipps. With Taysom Hill at QB the Saints would have struggled, IMO, to play from behind. The Falcons just couldn't get the ball in the endzone.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:33 pm

It should be interesting to see if the Seahawks can take control of a game early and remain in control against these four crappy teams they will be facing next. I totally expect that they won't and all four opponents will still be in the game late in the 4th quarter.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:44 pm

If it wasn't for our 17 screw ups and the Hail Mary the Cards would be on a four game losing streak. They still have to play the Rams twice. I see them finishing 9-7.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:49 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:33 pm
It should be interesting to see if the Seahawks can take control of a game early and remain in control against these four crappy teams they will be facing next. I totally expect that they won't and all four opponents will still be in the game late in the 4th quarter.
I think the Eagles and Giants will hang around, and the Washington game will be closer than we all want, but won't be in doubt. We will destroy the Jets.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:12 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:49 pm
I think the Eagles and Giants will hang around, and the Washington game will be closer than we all want, but won't be in doubt. We will destroy the Jets.
Mr. Adams will likely be fired up for that Jets game.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:00 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:49 pm
When was the last time the Seahawks destroyed anybody? I'll believe it when i see it.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:33 am

Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:00 pm

When was the last time the Seahawks destroyed anybody? I'll believe it when i see it.
That is a good question. Really? The 49er game this year was a laugher...even after the 4th quarter collapse it was never a one score game. BUT, I get your point. Russ' rookie year? Down the stretch we blasted a bunch of teams, but I can't really remember too many ass kickings since. They are due.

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:08 am

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:33 am

That is a good question. Really? The 49er game this year was a laugher...even after the 4th quarter collapse it was never a one score game. BUT, I get your point. Russ' rookie year? Down the stretch we blasted a bunch of teams, but I can't really remember too many ass kickings since. They are due.
The last time they really destroyed someone was the Raiders 27-3 in London in 2018. The Raiders kicked a chicken shit FG to avert the shutout. Since then they've gone 25-11 but not one really good ass-whoopin'. Odd.

SeattleAddict

Post by SeattleAddict » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:20 am

I don't know when the LAST time was, but this was the BEST time.

Watch and instantly feel better. Always works for me anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLo_tgdwX9w

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:25 am

Remember in 2012 when they crushed Arizona 58-0 followed by a 50-17 beatdown of the Bills in Buffalo followed by a 42-13 thrashing of the SuperBowl bound 49ers?