Nick Wright Trade Idea

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: Nick Wright Trade Idea

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:39 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:34 pm
Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:48 pm
And if Wilson is happy with the new OC why stir things up less than 2 weeks after the hire? There's something else going on here and it probably involves Tiara more than o-line issues.
I have seen a the Brandon Marshall comment about RW possibly wanting out but I hadn't seen all this. :shock:

https://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2021/ ... n-tension/

Maybe Brandon Marshall has a personal beef with Carroll or the Seahawks in general. Can't figure why else he is putting all this stuff out there, whether true or not.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:15 pm

Well, at least Marshall is a "FORMER" Seahawk. If current team members begin to side one way or another, Wilson is gone. They can't afford to have the locker room taking sides.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:25 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:22 pm
Yeah, for some reason i thought the dead cap penalty on trading rule wasn't in effect anymore. According to Overthecap the hit after June 1 would be 13 mil so they would save 19 mil on the cap if they traded him then. So why wouldn't they if the return was mainly draft picks as opposed to another expensive QB?
They are going to need another qb, you think they suddenly decide to tank seasons and go full rebuild? Doubt it

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:27 am

D-train wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:18 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:25 am
could try and find the article again, but basically it be a huge cap hit unless they waited until after June 1st. And with the likelihood of a limited preseason again it be pretty nuts to be switching qbs at that point, next season would make more sense. And with RW seemingly happy with the new OC figure everybody give the new direction a chance at least
I assume you are thinking limited pre season due to the fact that the league did fine without it and players hate it vs. because of Covid.
Not thinking it, was what the article pointed out. Not about who hates it or not, it make it hard to break in a new qb at that point if it happened

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:02 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:27 am
D-train wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:18 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:25 am
could try and find the article again, but basically it be a huge cap hit unless they waited until after June 1st. And with the likelihood of a limited preseason again it be pretty nuts to be switching qbs at that point, next season would make more sense. And with RW seemingly happy with the new OC figure everybody give the new direction a chance at least
I assume you are thinking limited pre season due to the fact that the league did fine without it and players hate it vs. because of Covid.
Not thinking it, was what the article pointed out. Not about who hates it or not, it make it hard to break in a new qb at that point if it happened
I don't think its a big deal regarding how many PS games there are. This season of course whenever something weird happened everyone would "wisely" say "Oh that's because there were no PS games" when in actuality the quality of play was about where it was every season early in the year.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:23 pm

it was a function of having to wait until June to install a new qb

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:55 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:23 pm
it was a function of having to wait until June to install a new qb
Well non rookies don't practice before June so I don't see why it would be a big deal..
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:09 pm

ddraig wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:15 pm
Well, at least Marshall is a "FORMER" Seahawk. If current team members begin to side one way or another, Wilson is gone. They can't afford to have the locker room taking sides.
This isn’t the first former team mate to have not glowing things to say about Pete or Russ.