Some juicy ass stuff from Mather here (Not meant for public)

Sibelius Hindemith

Re: Some juicy ass stuff from Mather here (Not meant for public)

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:37 am

maoling wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:05 am
This is another example why I stopped following the M's the year before last. Lived and breathed for this team since Day One 1977, but they have lost me for a while, maybe forever.

Except for the Lou years when we enjoyed a modest run of success, this franchise has been an endless shit-show of failed ownership and excuses. Calling it a "rebuild" after almost 20 years of missing the playoffs kind of did me in.

Bad deals, bad decisions, back-biting, scandals, a million managers, penny-pinching the right players or overspending on the wrong ones...just the whole "why have a winner when we are making money" attitude that seems to follow this team through every season is too much for me.

And of course, the endless, unceasing losing and wait-till-next-year-myth.

Now this bullshit...Mather can't even pronounce players' names properly, aired out team laundry and cast a pall over a season -- just as pitchers and catchers are reporting. It is a completely fucked-up losing franchise and it never seems to end -- while the value of the franchise has skyrocketed.

I so wish they would sell this team to someone who was passionate about winning a championship; instead of making monkeys out of us every year.

"And when we win OUR championship, OUR parade will be way better than the Seahawks' parade. Neener!" :roll:
Well said. I stopped watching the games a few years ago and listening to them even last year. I still check the box scores but that may end sokn if this rebuild attempt fails.

TraderGary

Post by TraderGary » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:38 am

Juliooooo wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:14 am
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:51 am

Kelenic is gonna be here either way. Its part of the rebuild. I'd say I'm more on the front offices pace of the rebuild than most. No sense in rushing it. I want them to do it right.
I'm with you. Covid set the rebuild back a year. I'm fine with being patient and letting the prospects get their chance.
I agree

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:47 am

Part of not rushing it would be filling your MLB gaps and letting your minor league kids force their way up instead of planning on their arrival like it's a sure thing.
Not if the #4 prospect in all of baseball is going to be manning one of those gaps it doesn't. I'm not blocking my superstar for a designated waiver wire bat first left fielder that was let go by his original team, in a year where the team isn't "Going for it". This year should be about watching the rookies and observing the youngsters so that you can have a core foundation in which to build upon down the road in 2022.
Last edited by Sexymarinersfan on Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:54 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:07 am
Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:53 am
Not following that thread line, but yeah, I think they feel COVID set things back, and not sure that's financial as it was player development
Yes, and bringing 15 of the top prospects to Tacoma so they could train with major league coaches helped to mitigate some of that. What more could they have done development-wise than to rush guys like Kelenic and Gilbert to the majors for a 60 game season on a team that wasn't going to contend even if those prospects played well? Did anyone on this forum last year think they should promote them to the majors under that scenario?
Does anyone have a list of who was actually brought up. He mentioned 15 of the top prospects. Curious what 15 they were referring to. It didn't sound lke it was guys like Kelenic and Gilbert.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:19 am

Juliooooo wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:54 am
Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:53 am
Not following that thread line, but yeah, I think they feel COVID set things back, and not sure that's financial as it was player development
Yes, and bringing 15 of the top prospects to Tacoma so they could train with major league coaches helped to mitigate some of that. What more could they have done development-wise than to rush guys like Kelenic and Gilbert to the majors for a 60 game season on a team that wasn't going to contend even if those prospects played well? Did anyone on this forum last year think they should promote them to the majors under that scenario?
Does anyone have a list of who was actually brought up. He mentioned 15 of the top prospects. Curious what 15 they were referring to. It didn't sound lke it was guys like Kelenic and Gilbert.
Cal Raleigh
Logan Gilbert
Julio Rodriguez
Zach DeLoach
LJ Newsome?????
Sam Delaplane????
Jack Anderson???

I can't think of any beyond that.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:44 am

Reading the Passon piece...Mather calling it a lapse of judgement. A lapse of judgment would have been a single flub, that was the entire session, that wasn't a lapse of judgment. Passon pointing out a number of things were not even true. Which gets to motivation, what was he after? Seems to me self promotion wasn't it? That kind of behavior, making himself bigger, more important? That's kind of wild coming from a CEO. In terms of Stanton, that was the guy they had running their baseball team. I doubt Mathers went through some sort of transformation when opened that zoom meeting

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:52 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:44 am
Reading the Passon piece...Mather calling it a lapse of judgement. A lapse of judgment would have been a single flub, that was the entire session, that wasn't a lapse of judgment. Passon pointing out a number of things were not even true. Which gets to motivation, what was he after? Seems to me self promotion wasn't it? That kind of behavior, making himself bigger, more important? That's kind of wild coming from a CEO. In terms of Stanton, that was the guy they had running their baseball team. I doubt Mathers went through some sort of transformation when opened that zoom meeting
Mather’s video conference was extremely harmful to the Mariners organization. Not only did it hurt certain people within the organization, it sheds a bad light on the growing Mariners team.

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:53 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:44 am
What things weren't true, or did he say?

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:54 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:52 am
Mather’s video conference was extremely harmful to the Mariners organization. Not only did it hurt certain people within the organization, it sheds a bad light on the growing Mariners team.
Who did it hurt? Stanton? Dipoto?

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:56 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:19 am
Juliooooo wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:54 am

Cal Raleigh
Logan Gilbert
Julio Rodriguez
Zach DeLoach
LJ Newsome?????
Sam Delaplane????
Jack Anderson???

I can't think of any beyond that.
Hancock, Trammell, Raleigh and Marte I'm pretty sure were there. Kirby as well. I think Campbel, Shenton and Williamson as well. Maybe a few other 2019 picks like Stoudt and Elliot.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez