Some juicy ass stuff from Mather here (Not meant for public)

Sexymarinersfan

Re: Some juicy ass stuff from Mather here (Not meant for public)

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:55 am

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:50 am
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:42 am
Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:38 am

Why so defensive? I was just wondering what "certain people" you think were hurt. The only ones i can think of are Dipoto and Stanton.
Not defensive at all. Just worn out. Its been a lonnnnnng day and I'm still at work in the ER.
Okay - sorry.
Its ok, I wasn't offended. I've had a pretty enjoyable day besides the fact that the President and CEO of my favorite baseball team, has single handedly tried to destroy the rebuild and foundation of my favorite baseball team. 😔

bpj

Post by bpj » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:58 am

Kolten Wong coming off a 30 year old season at .675 OPS, here, please change leagues and come play on my team!

Nuh-uh. Not up in here.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:59 am

bpj wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:55 am
I know it's not a year to push it, but it's a fine year where if you're close, you can supplement the roster short term.

At the end if the year they better not be a few games short and struggle in LF all year while Kelenic has a 35% K rate in AA.

People were excited about Tyler O'Neill in AA also. I know Kelenic is supposedly can't miss, but he hasn't overwhelmed with the stats has he?

I wouldn't bet my season on it.

Signing Wong would have made me physically ill.
I was on the O'Neill bandwagon for sure, guilty. So happy that trade worked out.

Not necessarily. Its hard to know where he's at after last season. If he comes up and has a Kyle Lewis type ROY season, I'll be more than happy with that.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:00 am

bpj wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:58 am
Kolten Wong coming off a 30 year old season at .675 OPS, here, please change leagues and come play on my team!

Nuh-uh. Not up in here.
But for a second baseman thats not horrible. Its that he was ranked the 3rd best defensive second baseman in the League last year that really excited me.

I would've preferred LaStella however.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:03 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:59 am
bpj wrote:
I know it's not a year to push it, but it's a fine year where if you're close, you can supplement the roster short term.

At the end if the year they better not be a few games short and struggle in LF all year while Kelenic has a 35% K rate in AA.

People were excited about Tyler O'Neill in AA also. I know Kelenic is supposedly can't miss, but he hasn't overwhelmed with the stats has he?

I was on the O'Neill bandwagon for sure, guilty. So happy that trade worked out.

Not necessarily. Its hard to know where he's at after last season. If he comes up and has a Kyle Lewis type ROY season, I'll be more than happy with that.
I never thought that O'Neale was a dipoto type of player. I was sure disappointed with the value they got in return at the time... Since then I haven't been as critical with any of the trades for prospects that Dipoto has made.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

bpj

Post by bpj » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:04 am

Hard to use covid as an excuse for a wasted year, while expecting Kelenic to make the jump out of spring training in the same breath.

I think the real difference is that you guys don't see a playoff team if they made sure the leaks were filled, and I see them fighting for it down two games in September.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:05 am

Juliooooo wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:03 am
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
bpj wrote:

I never thought that O'Neale was a dipoto type of player. I was sure disappointed with the value they got in return at the time... Since then I haven't been as critical with any of the trades for prospects that Dipoto has made.
Agreed. I felt exactly the same way you just mentioned. That trade really opened my eyes and let off the Dipoto criticism from the get go, not that I can remember having much to begin with.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:06 am

bpj wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:04 am
Hard to use covid as an excuse for a wasted year, while expecting Kelenic to make the jump out of spring training in the same breath.

I think the real difference is that you guys don't see a playoff team if they made sure the leaks were filled, and I see them fighting for it down two games in September.
I hope they do. I got them pegged for 82 wins in a 154 game format.

bpj

Post by bpj » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:09 am

Juliooooo wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:03 am
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
bpj wrote:

That's true, Marco was as boring back then as he is now, but the results are there at the end of the day. Even if the results are cited in a Ben Stein monotone voice. Because Marco's so boring.

bpj

Post by bpj » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:16 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:00 am
bpj wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:58 am

Nuh-uh. Not up in here.
But for a second baseman thats not horrible. Its that he was ranked the 3rd best defensive second baseman in the League last year that really excited me.

I would've preferred LaStella however.
For a 2B it's not horrible. Unless the best hitter on our team last year is also capable of playing that position.

The Mariners were going to put Moore in LF when it's not the best thing for the team or Moore. And then pay an aging guy a Figgins contract. Get outta here.

The fact that they were looking at Lastella has me back on the fire Dipoto wagon.

Literally the ONLY guy of the Marmolejos/Bishop/Fraley/etc. bunch that earned any kind of look going into this year is Dylan Moore. And he's the one they're moving off.

Eff Dipoto is where I'm at on it.