FA signing

Bil522

Re: FA signing

Post by Bil522 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:25 am

Sure another dumpster diving treasure in November that turns to crap when baseball actually starts

Hy Feiber

Post by Hy Feiber » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:10 am

D-train wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:49 pm
Hy Feiber wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:42 pm
D-train wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:12 pm

:lol: I knew you would love that Marty! btw I hear we are replacing the Moose as our mascot this season. Here is the new one.

https://www.google.com/search?q=tommy+j ... kTVWG6JSiM:
Haha, good one DT, Graveman’s numbers with the A’s were decent.

Happy Thanksgiving.
Happy Thanksgiving to you as well! You should join us for a few days in Peoria in March!! Baseball freakin Mecca!
Much obliged!

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:17 pm

Marinerjim11 wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:18 am
I don't mind the signing and if he has a decent year we could be flipped for yet more prospects.
Ha. Freudian slip.
dt

bpj

Post by bpj » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:48 pm

Mike Moustakas new contract with the Reds doesn't make Seagers contract seem terrible.

I think he could help a contender. Seattle shouldn't waste his career if they don't intend to win in the next two years that he's likely to perform well enough to help a team win.

Having said that, looks like Moustakas got paid to be a 2B.

bpj

Post by bpj » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:14 pm

Wheeler and Hamels sign early, nice to see the entire market not stall for 2 months because the top guys havent signed.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:33 pm

bpj wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:14 pm
Wheeler and Hamels sign early, nice to see the entire market not stall for 2 months because the top guys havent signed.
I think our signing of Wisdom is what really broke the ice.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:24 am

Ya never know what is going to motivate these guys. White Sox are supposed be going for it. I think the desire to win is way overestimated by fans. In this case "happy wife happy life" ranked just as high.
Jon Heyman
@JonHeyman
·
16m
Zack Wheeler doesn’t have a no-trade clause. He actually also turned down a bigger offer elsewhere (reportedly the White Sox) as wanted to be on the East Coast because his wife's family lives in NJ. Still, $118M over 5 years is quite a good deal. #phils

and looks like Cole's love affair of his hometown is over blown.
Jon Heyman
@JonHeyman
·
27m
Gerrit Cole assured the Yankees he has “no West Coast bias” at yesterday’s meeting which lasted 4 plus hours. Yankees believe he’s built for NYC but have been worried he preferred LA. No word yet on today’s meeting with Stephen Strasburg.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:43 am

not sure if i am reading that correctly but i think its changed with increasing value of franchises which has driven out the single owner model for more of a corporate one

bpj

Post by bpj » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:34 am

D-train wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:24 am
Ya never know what is going to motivate these guys. White Sox are supposed be going for it. I think the desire to win is way overestimated by fans. In this case "happy wife happy life" ranked just as high.
Jon Heyman
@JonHeyman
·
16m
Zack Wheeler doesn’t have a no-trade clause. He actually also turned down a bigger offer elsewhere (reportedly the White Sox) as wanted to be on the East Coast because his wife's family lives in NJ. Still, $118M over 5 years is quite a good deal. #phils

Jon Heyman
@JonHeyman
·
27m
Gerrit Cole assured the Yankees he has “no West Coast bias” at yesterday’s meeting which lasted 4 plus hours. Yankees believe he’s built for NYC but have been worried he preferred LA. No word yet on today’s meeting with Stephen Strasburg.
Interesting stuff, that's one thing that's probably more important in every case than where the player himself is from.

These women are alone 1/3 of the year, being by their family miiiight be kind of a big deal.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:43 am

D-train wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:24 am
Jon Heyman
@JonHeyman
·
16m

Jon Heyman
@JonHeyman
·
27m

oh, you added the quotes, thought you were talking about owners desire to win...tend to agree, its a job, and its based a lot on personal stats. There are various things that could go into making a FA decision, but once you are on a team, go about your business, put up your numbers