Re: Recent trend is validating bpj's approach to roster building

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:31 am

D-train wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:56 pm
bpj wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:58 am
Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:20 am
I believe that it's going to cost more than just money to sign Cole. Just my opinion.
What do you mean by this? Like a 3rd round draft pick?

Good points Donn, the makings of a record breaking bidding war for Cole would be there if not for the payroll luxury tax. The Dodgers and Yankees would love to get their hands on him.
We are in the top 10 so our pick is protected. No idea what he is talking about.
Sorry guys, I should have clarified better. I've heard rumblings that incentives such as i.e. "street names", post career front office position availability, etc. might be tied to the signing of whoever wants to land Cole, like they did for instance down here in Arlington TX when it went after Kevin Brown and named a friggin' main street after him next to the freeway.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:21 pm

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:31 am
D-train wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:56 pm
bpj wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:58 am

What do you mean by this? Like a 3rd round draft pick?

Good points Donn, the makings of a record breaking bidding war for Cole would be there if not for the payroll luxury tax. The Dodgers and Yankees would love to get their hands on him.
We are in the top 10 so our pick is protected. No idea what he is talking about.
Sorry guys, I should have clarified better. I've heard rumblings that incentives such as i.e. "street names", post career front office position availability, etc. might be tied to the signing of whoever wants to land Cole, like they did for instance down here in Arlington TX when it went after Kevin Brown and named a friggin' main street after him next to the freeway.
A street name promise before ever putting on a uniform for the team??? LOL Why would a guy with hundreds of millions in the bank need or want to work after his career is over. Sorry both are absurd.
dt

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:29 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:34 am
ok, but there is a rivalry there isn't there? Its more Angels driven I think, obsessed with the Dodgers. That has been my point in the past, you don't have the sort of complacency the Mariners get away with in a situation like that... Don't their broadcast areas overlap? What's the deal with this Dodger blackout, have they settled that?
It seems like the only rivalry is in the mind of Moreno, and while he hasn't been complacent he most definitely is getting killed in the on-field product department. The Angel fans here don't really care and don't even make that big of a deal about the interleague games with the Dodgers. As for the Dodger blackout, no they haven't settled it yet.