For you Michael K.

Post Reply
Donn Beach
Posts: 1784
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 1:06 am

Re: For you Michael K.

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:43 pm

he isn't about criticism, but some here seem to find being a Hawks fan a miserable experience, I found the season pretty exciting and i am looking forward to the next one. I believe PC has something to do with it. If someone thinks this has been a crappy team to follow, ok, i don't care, that is their issue not mine. i've been enjoying myself.

ThePro
Posts: 1636
Joined: Wed May 15, 2019 2:12 am

Re: For you Michael K.

Post by ThePro » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:51 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:07 pm
ThePro wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:50 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:34 pm
they turned over their roster and developed $70 mil in CAP space without missing the playoffs, and now we are complaining about the FO, ok got it
And made it to the divisional round of the playoffs ( A bad call away from winning NFC west)with more injuries to starters than Eagles and we're complaining about coaching.
So, the bad call and not the delay of game is why we lost? Had we lost the second round game because Carroll couldn’t get the play in, could I complain then? How many years of the best QB in the Conference do we have to play playoff games with conservative horse shit first halves before it is OK to question Saint Pete. I guess it wasn’t the second and goal that cost us a ring, the delay of game that cost us the division, or any number of other clock management, stupid challenge or hormonal play calls. How long does his own ring make up for the others he cost us?

A dynasty, that was the talk after whooping Denver. Then, second and goal and a mind numbing number of other bumbles. But, the guys motivates his players, so let’s give him the keys to the city.

Lots of coaches have one ring....not sure any of them have been elevated to Sainthood like Pete. Nationally not so much, but that guy could shit in tin foil and some in here would buy the burrito. It’s ridiculous. We have guys wanting baseball managers fired because he bats a guy lead off, yet we can suck in every first half of every second round playoff game, and this guy just waives his ring around and we blame the players.
So let me get this straight. You're all pissy because Hawks aren't a dynasty?

D-train
Posts: 7653
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Kirkland

Re: For you Michael K.

Post by D-train » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:02 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:43 pm
he isn't about criticism, but some here seem to find being a Hawks fan a miserable experience, I found the season pretty exciting and i am looking forward to the next one. I believe PC has something to do with it. If someone thinks this has been a crappy team to follow, ok, i don't care, that is their issue not mine. i've been enjoying myself.
Yeah overall its been great. I would just like to see some slight tweaks. I am not even asking him to "quit drinking" just take a damn Uber when you do! :)
dt

Sibelius Hindemith
Posts: 1681
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 3:09 am
Location: Seattle

Re: For you Michael K.

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:06 pm

Carroll's refusal to acknowledge and address the very real problems he has with game management and the obvious flaws in the offensive philosophy that have resulted in so many stagnant first halves of games over the years is a massive slap in the face to the fans and loyal supporters of this team. He either is a stubborn egomaniac or is blind to what's going on around him and surrounded by people too cowardly or sychophantic to bring these issues up with him. Whatever the case, there is a dysfunctionality here that just goes on and on without any sign that anyone at the VMAC is even aware of it.

Donn Beach
Posts: 1784
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 1:06 am

Re: For you Michael K.

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:10 pm

guess you are going to have to suffer though some more miserable seasons with him...sorry about that

Michael K.
Posts: 1509
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 5:27 am

Re: For you Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:33 pm

ThePro wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:51 pm

So let me get this straight. You're all pissy because Hawks aren't a dynasty?
So, you felt like they would never even get out of the second round again?

You don't feel like they are wasting a franchise Qb? You watch us blow games frequently because we come out in the first half and feel things out, neve run tempo until down three scores, and punt on every 4th and 1 from inside midfield....and you feel they are doing all they can to maximize the time they have with the best QB in the NFC?

When Russ's contract was up, there were some telling us "pay him what ever he wants" "the Michael Jordan of football", so, the best way to utilize that is to hand cuff him in every first half of just about every game, dig holes that can't always be dug out of and then sneak into a WC spot so we can play road playoff games all the time...then bitch because playing on the road is hard?

I want him to either get the fuck out of the way by moving upstairs, or hire an OC that he will actually empower...and then get the fuck out of the way that way. His wrinkly old finger prints are all over the offensive game plan, and it is ridiculous to watch. And THEN, I never want to hear that man lose a game by 5 where they outscored the opponent by two TDs in the second half and half that balls to tell us all "it's not about how you start." What a freaking dumb ass. This isn't soccer, they don't have a different weight to the TDs based on when you score them or if you were on the road or not. You could have the greatest finish ever, and still lose....you decrepit old dumb ass! He has preached his own rah rah BS about that so much he can't even help but to use that stupid ass saying in a game he LOST! Effing moron.

So, yes...I am tired of being pissed off watching this team play offense. I am tired of telling my son all week that I just know we are going to start off shitty and I am going to be pissed, and I am tired of hearing his stupid ass tell me why he isn't stupid. Sometimes, listening to his cheerleading ass after he fucks up another time is worse than actually watching him fuck up. He blamed Lynch for the delay of game! How about you don't call the ridiculous time out before that? How about you ever go into the end of a game will all your timeouts? How about you correct the biggest issue you have had since day one? His clock management has actually gotten worse!

But, he has a ring, so I guess we should just accept that despite that we were told we have the next Brady or Manning, that we will watch him play a limited role in every first half. I can't remember one time Brady or Manning lost in the playoffs were ANYONE questioned why they didn't have a bigger role...why they weren't allowed more freedom. And for crying out loud....how often are we going to bitch about how limited we are by the Offensive Line? Either fix it or shut the fuck up about it and deal. Could you see Brady or Manning huddling up and snapping the ball just before the play clock expires in the first half down 14 to 3? Could you imagine those two running an offense that punts all first half, and never tries to change anything? Nope. But we tell Russ, just go get in the huddle and we will eventually get a play in to you, but not in enough time to let you survey the defense and make any changes...because me and Schotty will be too busy playing grab ass on the sidelines.

Sibelius Hindemith
Posts: 1681
Joined: Thu May 02, 2019 3:09 am
Location: Seattle

Re: For you Michael K.

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:40 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:10 pm
guess you are going to have to suffer though some more miserable seasons with him...sorry about that
:roll:

I guess you enjoy witnessing insanity in play with your (supposed) fave NFL team. Me, i don't enjoy that. Yeah, expectations are high and they haven't lived up to them lately for reasons that seem correctable. You are happy though with them scraping into the playoffs and then vomiting all over themselves because the head coach won't change an approach that doesn't work with the kind of team he has had lately (i.e. elite QB + WRs and mediocre to bad D). You are the sports fan equivalent of sheeple.

Michael K.
Posts: 1509
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 5:27 am

Re: For you Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:00 pm

When RW and PC are no longer here, I would like to have had more than one ring, one ridiculously blown Super Bowl and a shit ton of head scratching dumb moves that cost us games and divisions, and then second round exits. Call me crazy, but I think the coach should adapt, and not lose games in the same frustrating manor and then tell me its OK because despite the loss, we finished strong.

You people act as though QBs like Russ grow on trees. This coach can't get over the hump without the LOB, and everyone else in the Nation wonders why he is wasting the QB. But, all is well, because we usually score twice in the second half....when we fell behind three scores in the first. No reason to change...the Wildcard is great. Until we lose on the road and use the road as an excuse.

To be honest? Yes, I HATE watching us in damn near every 1st half we play under this man. HATE it. And I hate even more when he loses because of it and tells us it doesn't matter because it only matters how you finish. What an arrogant fuck.

So yes Donn, damn near half the time I watch this team I dont enjoy it. And now? At the age of 47? I am finally realizing that next year I need to find better things to do. I am in fantasy football, so will probably just watch the four game screen, so I only have to watch Pete fuck us on 25% of my screen.

Or, do what I do with the Husky basketball team. Check the score on my phone.

DanielVogelbach
Posts: 260
Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:43 pm

Re: For you Michael K.

Post by DanielVogelbach » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:00 pm

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:00 pm
When RW and PC are no longer here, I would like to have had more than one ring, one ridiculously blown Super Bowl and a shit ton of head scratching dumb moves that cost us games and divisions, and then second round exits. Call me crazy, but I think the coach should adapt, and not lose games in the same frustrating manor and then tell me its OK because despite the loss, we finished strong.
I think the best chance for more rings in the RW era is to keep going with PC. Best chance for wasting RWs career would be to take your chances on someone new.

I will tell you that it's OK, because it is OK. You can do your anti-Pete, 4-way split-screen, fantasy football mumbo jumbo if it makes you feel better. Or, you also have the option to stop watching football altogether. I guess you just have to ask yourself how much fun your having with your anti-Pete tirades. If you're having a lot of fun, then keep it up. If you're frustrated and angry and feeling negative, then either figure out a way to watch the ballgames without experiencing those emotions, or just walk away. In general, people like to complain and place blame for losses. HC and coordinators are generally common targets. But there's always going to be teams that lose. 31/32 won't win it all. At what point are you satisfied? If you can't be satisfied with the Pete Carroll / Russell Wilson show, then I'm afraid you're mostly going to be disappointed watching football. I think only 4 teams finished over .500 in all of the last 4 seasons. The Hawks were one of them. They seem really primed for more years of championship level football. I'm actually having a lot of fun watching and rooting for Pete and Russ, and I'll definitely be watching the Seahawks on every pixel in 2020. No split-screen for me.

Michael K.
Posts: 1509
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 5:27 am

Re: For you Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:31 pm

DanielVogelbach wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:00 pm

I think the best chance for more rings in the RW era is to keep going with PC. Best chance for wasting RWs career would be to take your chances on someone new.
Not running Pete's version of a modern offense. I disagree. Bates, Bevell or Schotty. There really hasn't been any difference. It's Pete. If he won't adapt at THIS point in his QB's career, why would he later? Too many things have to hit exactly right to win with his philosophy. I don't think you can expect a Back to carry you more than a year or two. Will be very interesting to see what happens with Henry...is he the next RB to fall off a cliff because he carried the ball too much? You can't expect to have the LOB all the time...but honestly? That is the only way this team will win because that is the only way Pete will allow it to win. Pound the rock, play great defense, get the ball in the 4th with a chance to win. When it doesn't work? Talk about how awesome the finish was.

We have talked about needing the O Line to improve every year since about 2015. We are constantly asking if Russ will be a bigger part of the offense, and this season he is. So, on the road in a game we are getting dominated early I get to watch him huddle up until the end of the play clock and run the most conservative style of offense possible. Like I said, how many times have you watched a Franchise QB like Russ lose a playoff game and had the National Narrative been "why doesn't he let his QB play football?"? I'll wait.
DanielVogelbach wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:00 pm
I will tell you that it's OK, because it is OK. You can do your anti-Pete, 4-way split-screen, fantasy football mumbo jumbo if it makes you feel better. Or, you also have the option to stop watching football altogether. I guess you just have to ask yourself how much fun your having with your anti-Pete tirades. If you're having a lot of fun, then keep it up. If you're frustrated and angry and feeling negative, then either figure out a way to watch the ballgames without experiencing those emotions, or just walk away. In general, people like to complain and place blame for losses. HC and coordinators are generally common targets. But there's always going to be teams that lose. 31/32 won't win it all. At what point are you satisfied? If you can't be satisfied with the Pete Carroll / Russell Wilson show, then I'm afraid you're mostly going to be disappointed watching football. I think only 4 teams finished over .500 in all of the last 4 seasons. The Hawks were one of them. They seem really primed for more years of championship level football. I'm actually having a lot of fun watching and rooting for Pete and Russ, and I'll definitely be watching the Seahawks on every pixel in 2020. No split-screen for me.
You can be OK with over .500. I have witnessed enough NFL football to know that these types of QBs only happen so often, so over .500 and losing in the playoffs in the first or second round is a little less than I think Russ deserves. Losing in the playoffs is one thing, losing the same ridiculous way all the time and being happy because we got close is stupid. But thanks for giving me permission to watch football the way I want. I really don't care if you approve of me being pissed off or playing fantasy football or not.

Post Reply