Patriots sign Cam

ThePro
Posts: 2966
Joined: Wed May 15, 2019 2:12 am

Re: Patriots sign Cam

Post by ThePro » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:21 am

Michael K. wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:51 pm


Once again, market value. If Cam got overpaid, that would be the excuse. He is worth what he was paid...hear that all the time from these guys when they are accused of being over paid. NO ONE WANTED TO PAY HIM. It isn't because everyone thought he would be an MVP and they just decided to screw with him.
ALL CAPS... yawn. Anyways. Most teams have a QB . So " No one wanted to pay him" is misleading. The question is why no one wanted to pay him? Iffy at best.

Michael K.
Posts: 2712
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 5:27 am

Re: Patriots sign Cam

Post by Michael K. » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:57 am

ThePro wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:21 am
Michael K. wrote:
Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:51 pm


Once again, market value. If Cam got overpaid, that would be the excuse. He is worth what he was paid...hear that all the time from these guys when they are accused of being over paid. NO ONE WANTED TO PAY HIM. It isn't because everyone thought he would be an MVP and they just decided to screw with him.
ALL CAPS... yawn. Anyways. Most teams have a QB . So " No one wanted to pay him" is misleading. The question is why no one wanted to pay him? Iffy at best.
Did you want him in Seattle? Would you want that guy as a backup? So, he is really only an option in a few locations. It doesn't matter why. Jeez, there are 30 NFL teams. 2 made him an offer, but somehow he is underpaid? Why is that misleading? Who cares why they didn't. 28 teams made no offer, two made an offer, and my guess is Cam took the best one. But somehow, he got screwed.

Like I said, remember that the next time one of these over paid crybabies says "market value" when they are justifying a ridiculous salary. Maybe guys like Sherm should sign for less so there is more cap room left for the poor underpaid guys like Cam?

Cam had not one but two opportunities to be the starting QB at a big time college football program...since he pissed one chance away. Then, he was the #1 pick in the draft and made a shit ton of money in the NFL...and yet!? After he had one really good season, a few good ones and a pretty bad one...after he was a pretty shitty leader and a damn terrible loser, he is MAYBE not going to rake it in financially...and we should all just really worry about Cam's well being? Remember that the next time he is doing the Super Man when he scores a TD in a game that is well over, and pouts and cries when he is losing.

I wouldn't want him on my team. And not ONLY because he would be a terrible distraction. Mostly because I think he is a terrible person. That was OK with a lot of people when he was actually going to be a force on the field. Right now? He is a gamble, on the field and more than likely a liability off the field. NO thanks. But yeah, the cry baby made his bed and now we should all feel sorry for him. In a world where many don't know where their next paycheck might come...he will probably only make a few million dollars.

ThePro
Posts: 2966
Joined: Wed May 15, 2019 2:12 am

Re: Patriots sign Cam

Post by ThePro » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:10 am

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:57 am


Did you want him in Seattle? Would you want that guy as a backup? So, he is really only an option in a few locations. It doesn't matter why. Jeez, there are 30 NFL teams. 2 made him an offer, but somehow he is underpaid? Why is that misleading? Who cares why they didn't. 28 teams made no offer, two made an offer, and my guess is Cam took the best one. But somehow, he got screwed.

Like I said, remember that the next time one of these over paid crybabies says "market value" when they are justifying a ridiculous salary. Maybe guys like Sherm should sign for less so there is more cap room left for the poor underpaid guys like Cam?

Cam had not one but two opportunities to be the starting QB at a big time college football program...since he pissed one chance away. Then, he was the #1 pick in the draft and made a shit ton of money in the NFL...and yet!? After he had one really good season, a few good ones and a pretty bad one...after he was a pretty shitty leader and a damn terrible loser, he is MAYBE not going to rake it in financially...and we should all just really worry about Cam's well being? Remember that the next time he is doing the Super Man when he scores a TD in a game that is well over, and pouts and cries when he is losing.

I wouldn't want him on my team. And not ONLY because he would be a terrible distraction. Mostly because I think he is a terrible person. That was OK with a lot of people when he was actually going to be a force on the field. Right now? He is a gamble, on the field and more than likely a liability off the field. NO thanks. But yeah, the cry baby made his bed and now we should all feel sorry for him. In a world where many don't know where their next paycheck might come...he will probably only make a few million dollars.
A distraction and a terrible person? A liability of the field? We're talking about Cam Newton right? What the hell are you talking about?

I don't think Mariota and Taysum Hill should be making more money than him. Several others. That's not feeling sorry for him . It's not right.

Michael K.
Posts: 2712
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 5:27 am

Re: Patriots sign Cam

Post by Michael K. » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:15 am

Think back to the Super Bowl year. He was celebrating every play, said people hated him because of his race or because he was good. Said he acted that way because of his love for the game. Then? He lost the Super Bowl and acted like a baby, and all of a sudden the next few years he didnt love the game anymore.

Yes, from what I remember he was a distraction. Off the field is probably the wrong description, because that hasn't been an issue since college. I guess what I meant is his attitude can be a distraction. And please dont make this about race. Cam did that, and it was stupid. He acts like Baker Mayfield, and people hate them both, for the same damn reason.

ThePro
Posts: 2966
Joined: Wed May 15, 2019 2:12 am

Re: Patriots sign Cam

Post by ThePro » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:44 am

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:15 am
Think back to the Super Bowl year. He was celebrating every play, said people hated him because of his race or because he was good. Said he acted that way because of his love for the game. Then? He lost the Super Bowl and acted like a baby, and all of a sudden the next few years he didnt love the game anymore.

Yes, from what I remember he was a distraction. Off the field is probably the wrong description, because that hasn't been an issue since college. I guess what I meant is his attitude can be a distraction. And please dont make this about race. Cam did that, and it was stupid. He acts like Baker Mayfield, and people hate them both, for the same damn reason.
I don't have the magical ability to make things about race. You don't like Cam . That has absolutely nothing to do with his contract or the position he plays. He is underpaid. He should be making more than Mariota or Chase Daniel. I don't know why. Injuries are not a valid excuse. There have been QBs with an injury previous season and still get the contract.

D-train
Posts: 12060
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Somerville, MA

Re: Patriots sign Cam

Post by D-train » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:45 am

Here is an article on the topic. Every situation is different. Mariota is five years younger. At first glance the Chase Daniels contract seems bizarre but then you see its the idiot Lions and Cam would have never agreed to be a back up there for 3 years.

https://sports.yahoo.com/how-ridiculous ... 19033.html
dt

D-train
Posts: 12060
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Somerville, MA

Re: Patriots sign Cam

Post by D-train » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:50 pm

Another point is that Chase is only guaranteed $5M an Cam will likely make $7.5 this season as the starter.

Cam is also better off than Clowney at the moment.
dt

ThePro
Posts: 2966
Joined: Wed May 15, 2019 2:12 am

Re: Patriots sign Cam

Post by ThePro » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:50 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:45 am
Here is an article on the topic. Every situation is different. Mariota is five years younger. At first glance the Chase Daniels contract seems bizarre but then you see its the idiot Lions and Cam would have never agreed to be a back up there for 3 years.

https://sports.yahoo.com/how-ridiculous ... 19033.html
Ok Phillip Rivers is older and has never won shit . 1 yr 25 mil.

D-train
Posts: 12060
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Somerville, MA

Re: Patriots sign Cam

Post by D-train » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:00 pm

Rivers is old but has never missed a game in his career. 95 qb rating vs. 86 rating.

That salary disparity does seem crazy but guessing its primarily the injury situation combined with the issues that MK mentioned.
dt

ThePro
Posts: 2966
Joined: Wed May 15, 2019 2:12 am

Re: Patriots sign Cam

Post by ThePro » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:25 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:00 pm
Rivers is old but has never missed a game in his career. 95 qb rating vs. 86 rating.

That salary disparity does seem crazy but guessing its primarily the injury situation combined with the issues that MK mentioned.
What issues? Celebrating TDs ?

Post Reply