Search found 2242 matches

by Big_Maple
Wed Oct 07, 2026 7:51 pm
Forum: Mariners
Topic: D Trains off season plan.
Replies: 45
Views: 547

Re: D Trains off season plan.

Yikes. I should have thought of that. thanks BM... I recently read this blurb about the threats of AI and a famous thought experiment called the Paperclip Problem. Essentially, it argues that if an advanced AI is programmed with the sole objective to manufacture as many paperclips as possible, it w...
by Big_Maple
Wed Oct 07, 2026 6:58 pm
Forum: Mariners
Topic: D Trains off season plan.
Replies: 45
Views: 547

Re: D Trains off season plan.

Sure but it can never commit physical violence unless it some how takes over a robot??? Since everything is run by computers, they could in theory cause havoc that would indirectly harm humans. Crash the power grid. Melt down reactors. Cause supply chains to grind to a halt. Drain or freeze all of ...
by Big_Maple
Wed Oct 07, 2026 6:10 pm
Forum: Mariners
Topic: Playoff thread
Replies: 81
Views: 1432

Re: Playoff thread

D-train wrote: ↑
Wed Oct 07, 2026 4:32 pm
Big_Maple wrote: ↑
Wed Oct 07, 2026 12:57 pm
Hindsight is always 20/20, but I kind of wish we kept Ty France rather than DFAing him.

Dude remembered how to hit again.
2026
France 4.5 WAR .865 OPS $1.35M salary

Naylor -0.2 WAR .667 OPS $11.3M salary ($18.5M AAV)
Ug. Thanks. I needed that, bro. :(
by Big_Maple
Wed Oct 07, 2026 4:01 pm
Forum: Mariners
Topic: D Trains off season plan.
Replies: 45
Views: 547

Re: D Trains off season plan.

For the most part, I like this plan. It was reasonable on paper and well thought out. Thanks, D-Train. For my own plan I was trying to find a way to get Otto, but I gave up for a bunch of reasons. If we could pull it off, he might be the critical missing piece (plus a bunch of other small ones to b...
by Big_Maple
Wed Oct 07, 2026 3:22 pm
Forum: Mariners
Topic: D Trains off season plan.
Replies: 45
Views: 547

Re: D Trains off season plan.

For the most part, I like this plan. It was reasonable on paper and well thought out. Thanks, D-Train. For my own plan I was trying to find a way to get Otto, but I gave up for a bunch of reasons. If we could pull it off, he might be the critical missing piece (plus a bunch of other small ones to bo...
by Big_Maple
Wed Oct 07, 2026 12:57 pm
Forum: Mariners
Topic: Playoff thread
Replies: 81
Views: 1432

Re: Playoff thread

Hindsight is always 20/20, but I kind of wish we kept Ty France rather than DFAing him.

Dude remembered how to hit again.
by Big_Maple
Sun Oct 04, 2026 9:56 pm
Forum: Mariners
Topic: Am Bored So Here's My Off Season Plan
Replies: 32
Views: 702

Re: Am Bored So Here's My Off Season Plan

$17.5M into 2x relievers on top of Munoz/Dominguez making $20M doesn't seem like anything Dipoto would ever be in on. Seiya is a fine add... but being 32... I don't see the M's paying that sort of $$ out given recent comments by Stanton. I take ownership of this plan - entirely. I put it together b...
by Big_Maple
Sat Oct 03, 2026 3:31 am
Forum: Mariners
Topic: Am Bored So Here's My Off Season Plan
Replies: 32
Views: 702

Re: Am Bored So Here's My Off Season Plan

Do the Mariners non-tender these reilievers (with projected 2027 arbitration salaries)? Jose A. Ferrer $1.6 million Eduard Bazardo $1.5 million Cooper Criswell $900,000 Carlos Vargas $800,000 Michael Rucker $800,000 https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2026/10/projected-arbitration-salaries-for-2027.html...
by Big_Maple
Sat Oct 03, 2026 12:59 am
Forum: Mariners
Topic: Am Bored So Here's My Off Season Plan
Replies: 32
Views: 702

Re: Am Bored So Here's My Off Season Plan

WNice job!! Really well researched and well done. I think that team could get us back to the playoffs for sure. But just a couple unforced errors takes it from and A to an A-. :) One pretty major and one minor. In what world is Raley and his 0.0 WAR and .723 OPS (.441 from June 1st on) and is still...
by Big_Maple
Fri Oct 02, 2026 8:19 pm
Forum: Mariners
Topic: Am Bored So Here's My Off Season Plan
Replies: 32
Views: 702

Am Bored So Here's My Off Season Plan

2026–27 Seattle Mariners Realistic Offseason Blueprint This pragmatic plan adheres to the Mariners' actual spending boundaries under John Stanton and Jerry Dipoto. It balances one marquee offensive signing (Seiya Suzuki) with the club's elite homegrown youth movement, while avoiding long-term, high-...