Search found 21 matches

by Optimistic M's Fan
Fri Oct 02, 2026 9:11 pm
Forum: Mariners
Topic: An off-season plan based on Dipoto and Hollander's comments.
Replies: 81
Views: 1208

Re: An off-season plan based on Dipoto and Hollander's comments.

I agree. But if we can upgrade at SS or 3b, We could have a fairly good defensive infield, a better bench, and an OF with a bit more thump could make a hell of a difference.
by Optimistic M's Fan
Fri Oct 02, 2026 8:41 pm
Forum: Mariners
Topic: An off-season plan based on Dipoto and Hollander's comments.
Replies: 81
Views: 1208

Re: An off-season plan based on Dipoto and Hollander's comments.

If not Suzuki, what about trading for Riley Green. I would happily roll with an outfield of Green, Julio and Canzone.
by Optimistic M's Fan
Fri Oct 02, 2026 8:36 pm
Forum: Mariners
Topic: Am Bored So Here's My Off Season Plan
Replies: 23
Views: 259

Re: Am Bored So Here's My Off Season Plan

Thats funny, I was just saying that we should add Suzuki. I think a proper trade for a good SS like Gunnar, Otto or CJ. We can trade Hancock or Kirby plus any minor leaguers not named Sloan and pull that off. We need 2 damn good relief pitchers and I would happily roll with that. It frees up Donovan...
by Optimistic M's Fan
Fri Oct 02, 2026 8:30 pm
Forum: Mariners
Topic: An off-season plan based on Dipoto and Hollander's comments.
Replies: 81
Views: 1208

Re: An off-season plan based on Dipoto and Hollander's comments.

I'd love to get Seiya Suzuki for Left, trade Kirby or Hancock plus for Otto Lopez or CJ Abrams, and then add 2 relievers thru trade. With the budget going to 175-180, we would be able to pull that off. We add enough thump, defense, and shore up our weakness in relief. I would think this is pretty re...
by Optimistic M's Fan
Fri Oct 02, 2026 7:58 pm
Forum: Mariners
Topic: An off-season plan based on Dipoto and Hollander's comments.
Replies: 81
Views: 1208

Re: An off-season plan based on Dipoto and Hollander's comments.

I am actually wondering if this is the offseason that we actually bump payroll above 180m. I know everyone will shit on it and say no, but they HAVE to be feeling the pressure from this season. An extra 15 mil or so wont break them and they have to figure that will take the heat off them a bit. It g...
by Optimistic M's Fan
Sun Jul 26, 2026 8:55 pm
Forum: Mariners
Topic: Absolute B*tch of a Season Sunday GT - 7/26/26
Replies: 63
Views: 2272

Re: Absolute B*tch of a Season Sunday GT - 7/26/26

wow.... theres a sliver of fight in us after all. If we can win these two games I wonder if that makes a difference at the deadline.
by Optimistic M's Fan
Tue Mar 31, 2026 6:08 pm
Forum: Mariners
Topic: Mariners extend Colt Emerson
Replies: 57
Views: 5504

Re: Mariners extend Colt Emerson

Not that my opinion matters, but I find it pretty funny half the people on here completely shit all over Dipoto no matter what he does. Its like a Democrat saying Trump is the devil, or a Republican saying Obama ruined the country. There is good and bad on both sides. Same thing with Dipoto. Is he a...
by Optimistic M's Fan
Sun Nov 30, 2025 6:06 pm
Forum: Mariners
Topic: A plan for the 3x trade favorites 3.0
Replies: 53
Views: 13439

Re: A plan for the 3x trade favorites 3.0

Lol I wouldn't say I'm Jerry's biggest fan but I'm not his biggest hater like a lot of people on here either. I'm 46. Grew up in WA, followed the M's my whole life. Hell, I even got Griffey's Bellingham and San Bernadino minor league cards when I was a kid. I get a lot of people haven't seen the tea...
by Optimistic M's Fan
Sun Nov 30, 2025 9:50 am
Forum: Mariners
Topic: A plan for the 3x trade favorites 3.0
Replies: 53
Views: 13439

Re: A plan for the 3x trade favorites 3.0

I look at it as not so much being cheap as they really trust their scouts & player development people. Look their either gonna light the world on fire or crap on themselves. Nothing is a sure thing. Would you rather spend 100s of millions & have the guy bust & be on the hook for all that with no ab...
by Optimistic M's Fan
Thu Nov 27, 2025 6:34 pm
Forum: Mariners
Topic: A plan for the 3x trade favorites 3.0
Replies: 53
Views: 13439

Re: A plan for the 3x trade favorites 3.0

Absolutely no way that I'm gutting this farm systems upcoming pitching for a short-term jolt. Skubal would be gone at the end of the year, and we are stripped bare, with no reinforcements in sight. For me, Sloan, Kade, Emerson and Farmelo are all off limits. Everyone else is fair game in a trade. An...