What is Bitcoin?

*Nothing here is to be taken as financial advice, do your own research, consult a professional.
Captain 97

Re: What is Bitcoin?

Post by Captain 97 » Tue May 04, 2021 12:03 am

What are your thoughts on Grayscale? I am looking at their Digital Largecap fund as a way to get some Crypto into my Roth. It's a publicly traded trust with underlying assets in Bitcoin, Etherum, Litecoin and Chainlink. They also have a Fund that is just Bitcoin. Obviously you are going to be paying a premium verses just buying the crypto straight out but it seems like a good way to go along for the ride without dealing with the headaches that go along with owning Crypto as far as tax procedures, storing the crypto and the like.

https://grayscale.com/products/grayscal ... -cap-fund/

bpj

Post by bpj » Tue May 04, 2021 1:48 am

Wish I could tell you Cap.

I know they hold a ton of crypto and want to convert to an etf at some point, but that's about all I've ever heard about Grayscale.

Having exposure to crypto is a great idea one way or another imo.

bpj

Post by bpj » Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:04 am

Crypto CEO's meet with Congress

https://youtu.be/sOehdYsnuDc

Kaylawalt

-

Post by Kaylawalt » Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:27 am

Even in times of dire crisis, those who have what they need to meet their basic survival and comfort needs will be hoarding riches for the time when they become relevant again, so I would think that there will always be value in recognized valuables, such as silver, gold, diamonds, and so on. More immediately, however, those things that will meet a person's basic needs will be more easily traded. As for bitcoin and other forms of cryptocurrencies, if I were in my 20s or 30s, it would probably make sense for me to figure it out but, at 70, I trust that I can live the rest of my life without investing in bitcoin.

