Large capacity magazines

*Nothing here is to be taken as financial advice, do your own research, consult a professional.
User avatar
Walla Walla Dawg II
Posts: 2522
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:29 am
Location: Southeastern Washington

Large capacity magazines

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:54 pm

For anyone that is looking for a great investment and doesn't want to spend too much, I'd recommend purchasing large capacity magazines....
20 round
30 round
40 round

I would recommend this because if the US Congress passes a law that says the producers of these great products cannot make them any more, the price will skyrocket.

I remember back in the 1990, the Brady Bill outlawed the production of these magazines. People were purchasing them from other collecters at over $100 for a 30 round magazine.

Granted, it may take 10-15 years to get this kind of money, they don't take up that much room.

Spend $15 today, and in 10 years it may be worth $150.

User avatar
D-train
Posts: 70939
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:33 am
Location: Quincy, MA

Re: Large capacity magazines

Post by D-train » Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:18 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Tue Jun 14, 2022 8:54 pm
For anyone that is looking for a great investment and doesn't want to spend too much, I'd recommend purchasing large capacity magazines....
20 round
30 round
40 round

I would recommend this because if the US Congress passes a law that says the producers of these great products cannot make them any more, the price will skyrocket.

I remember back in the 1990, the Brady Bill outlawed the production of these magazines. People were purchasing them from other collecters at over $100 for a 30 round magazine.

Granted, it may take 10-15 years to get this kind of money, they don't take up that much room.

Spend $15 today, and in 10 years it may be worth $150.
Wow, that would fund my Vodka purchases for almost 3 weeks from early to late June 2032! :lol:
dt

User avatar
ddraig
Posts: 5190
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 1:17 am

Re: Large capacity magazines

Post by ddraig » Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:35 pm

I've got five 25 round magazines to go with the 10 round mag that cane with the rifle. Two of the five are connected and the remaining three are also.

GL_Storm
Posts: 3037
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:00 pm

Re: Large capacity magazines

Post by GL_Storm » Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:01 pm

I've got a 30 round mag sitting in my old seabag from my time in the Marine Corps 30 years ago. Hard to believe it's been that long.

User avatar
Cascade Kid
Posts: 878
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:11 am

Re: Large capacity magazines

Post by Cascade Kid » Thu Mar 09, 2023 2:42 am

I've got a shit load of them in Idaho and Montana.

User avatar
Walla Walla Dawg II
Posts: 2522
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:29 am
Location: Southeastern Washington

Re: Large capacity magazines

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:35 pm

And our state (Peoples Republic of Washington) is in the process of banning a lot of weapons....in a very specific and vague way. They are trying to ban assault weapons, but weapons like the Ruger 10/22 is included.

Fucking stupid politicians.

And to top it all off, these [new] laws go directly against every Supreme Court ruling regarding gun laws.
Attachments
Guns rights.JPG
Guns rights.JPG (77.45 KiB) Viewed 2817 times

User avatar
Cascade Kid
Posts: 878
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:11 am

Re: Large capacity magazines

Post by Cascade Kid » Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:02 am

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:35 pm
And our state (Peoples Republic of Washington) is in the process of banning a lot of weapons....in a very specific and vague way. They are trying to ban assault weapons, but weapons like the Ruger 10/22 is included.

Fucking stupid politicians.

And to top it all off, these [new] laws go directly against every Supreme Court ruling regarding gun laws.
The ATF already impedes all of those protections unfortunately.

Don't forget to support the 2nd Amendment Foundation based out of Bellevue. They are already in legal battles up and down the west coast and are ready to challenge these infringements. There will be injunctions filed in Thurston county superior court the day the bill is signed, and injunctions file with the US courts in both the western and eastern districts.

In the meantime, head down to Precision Aero and pick up a few complete lowers and uppers. These don't require the time it takes to register and background check that a gun has.

User avatar
gil
Posts: 1517
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:50 pm

Re: Large capacity magazines

Post by gil » Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:15 pm

Should it be easier to buy or gun or to vote?

User avatar
Walla Walla Dawg II
Posts: 2522
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:29 am
Location: Southeastern Washington

Re: Large capacity magazines

Post by Walla Walla Dawg II » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:24 pm

gil wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:15 pm
Should it be easier to buy or gun or to vote?
I see you are trying to get feisty here.

A gun is mentioned in the Bill of Rights....voting is not. But both are personal preferences and RIGHTS our citizens have.

But.....

In my opinion, there should not be any hinderances on my owning any weapon I want. I base this off of the FACT that our Founding Fathers knew that the 2nd Amendment is a God Given Right, NOT PROVIDED BY OUR GOVERNMENT. The only thing that government can do is take our rights away, and that is what the Constitution is for, limiting what government can do.

Voting has always been for our citizens.......not everyone that's within he country. Voting has had lots of changes to it's laws including:
Age restrictions
Gender
Property ownership
Ballot box shit
Politicing at polling places
etc...

Guns are a God Given Right, not voting.

Just my crazy 2 cents.

User avatar
gil
Posts: 1517
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:50 pm

Re: Large capacity magazines

Post by gil » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:07 pm

Walla Walla Dawg II wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:24 pm
gil wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:15 pm
Should it be easier to buy or gun or to vote?
I see you are trying to get feisty here.
perhaps ... but it is a serious question
A gun is mentioned in the Bill of Rights....voting is not. But both are personal preferences and RIGHTS our citizens have.

But.....

In my opinion, there should not be any hinderances on my owning any weapon I want. I base this off of the FACT that our Founding Fathers knew that the 2nd Amendment is a God Given Right, NOT PROVIDED BY OUR GOVERNMENT. The only thing that government can do is take our rights away, and that is what the Constitution is for, limiting what government can do.

Voting has always been for our citizens.......not everyone that's within he country. Voting has had lots of changes to it's laws including:
Age restrictions
Gender
Property ownership
Ballot box shit
Politicing at polling places
etc...

Guns are a God Given Right, not voting.

Just my crazy 2 cents.
Not crazy at all. I enjoy our conversations.

No, voting is not in the first 10 amendments (the Bill of Rights) but it is in other amendments. And of course you are correct that the amendments have changed "voting rights" over time. Does that make it any less of a right?

I'll throw out two other things in response:

1. If it's a God-given right, where in the Bible is there anything to support this?

2. What is the meaning of "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State ..."? (i.e., the first words of the 2nd amendment) I've always thought that meant that the states could defend themselves against the central government, or join together in fighting a foreign enemy. But I'd argue that is does not say there should be unregulated gun ownership by individuals. That is an interpretation.

Post Reply