What ya drinking?

Millikin

Re: What ya drinking?

Post by Millikin » Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:05 am

I think because I was in a fraternity in peak the peak of WSU party-school status, I quickly grew up as far as drinking goes. From kegs of Busch Light, to rum&coke, to every novel mixed drink around...

For the most part, if you do any kind of mixed drink, you're an amateur and not a real drinker. Congratulations, you're probably a healthier person if you grew up and still make tasty mixed drinks.

At 44, I mainly drink whiskey on the rocks.

My favorites are mostly anything over $25 a bottle. Beyond that, I can barely tell the difference.
-Pendleton 1910 Rye
-Maker's Mark
-Rittenhouse Rye
Favorite non-whiskey: Dos Hombres Mezcal.
-Seriously, even if you don't think you like "tequila" buy a bottle and thank me later. Holy shit.
She/Him/This/That/Salami/Donut

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:25 pm

Buffalo Trace is real good. I like Bulleit too. Makes a damn good Old Fashioned. Another to try would be Woodford Reserve. And, if you like Pendleton, I bet you would like the Kirkland Canadian whiskey at Costco. It is basically Crown Royal, for much less $.

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:24 am

Michael K. wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:05 pm
ddraig wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:14 am
Yeah, I spent 15 minutes in the local store trying to find something other than an IPA. Absolutely hate the taste of IPA's. It's like the Democrats telling us we all need to think alike!
If all IPAs you have tried taste alike? You are buying the wrong ones.
I don't drink as much beer as I used to. That happens when you reach 70. You either stop drinking altogether, or you increase your intake exponentially! :shock:

Mostly now it's Jameson with a good cigar, but that's only once in a while.

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:28 am

ddraig wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:24 am
Michael K. wrote:
ddraig wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 12:14 am
Yeah, I spent 15 minutes in the local store trying to find something other than an IPA. Absolutely hate the taste of IPA's. It's like the Democrats telling us we all need to think alike!
I don't drink as much beer as I used to. That happens when you reach 70. You either stop drinking altogether, or you increase your intake exponentially! :shock:

I love both those things! Have you tried the Jameson Black?

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:22 am

Michael K. wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:28 am
ddraig wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:24 am
Michael K. wrote:

I love both those things! Have you tried the Jameson Black?
That's my next "adventure" in Irish. I've heard it's very smooth. I like sitting out in the back yard on an evening watching the hummingbirds while sipping it straight and slowly smoking a good cigar. Only happens about once a month between March and October. I should be breaking in a bottle after the first of the year.