KOA campground game thread

Petert

Re: KOA campground game thread

Post by Petert » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:47 am

I’m up on Vancouver Island at Pacific Rim National Park the week after Labor Day for a week of camping and beach hiking after the crowds have gone. If anyone can recommend a place for dinner (it’s a last night tradition) in either Ucluelet or Tofino, I’d be obliged.

Millikin

Post by Millikin » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:50 am

I know a hotel suite on wheels when I see one. Yeah it really doesn't matter where it's parked.

As someone who often camps towing a (boat) trailer, I do really appreciate a place with pull-through parking.
She/Him/This/That/Salami/Donut

Millikin

Post by Millikin » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:57 am

Petert wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:47 am
I’m up on Vancouver Island at Pacific Rim National Park the week after Labor Day for a week of camping and beach hiking after the crowds have gone. If anyone can recommend a place for dinner (it’s a last night tradition) in either Ucluelet or Tofino, I’d be obliged.
I just looked that up on maps. Sweet location. See any wildlife?

Those towns look pretty cool too.
She/Him/This/That/Salami/Donut

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:58 am

Petert wrote:
We go to ukee and Tofino 3-4 times every year. Actually heading there this Saturday for a week.
Good sushi-Tofino-Tough City Sushi
Great steak place-ukee -Floathouse
Good seafood-ukee-Howlers
Not a ton of superb options.
Last edited by Coeurd’Alene J on Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:59 am

Millikin wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:57 am
Petert wrote:
I just looked that up on maps. Sweet location. See any wildlife?

Those towns look pretty cool too.
Long Beach is between both towns. The Canadian surf destination

Our favorite dinner is to go to tough city in tofino it sits overlooking the Harbour and eat on the deck. So much going on on the water with float planes and everything

Petert

Post by Petert » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:07 am

The Astroknott wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:58 am
Petert wrote:
We go to ukee and Tofino 3-4 times every year. Actually heading there this Saturday for a week.
Good sushi-Tofino-Tough City Sushi
Great steak place-ukee
Good seafood-ukee-Howlers
Not a ton of superb options.
Many, many thanks, Astroknott ! Ive been on the inside a lot, kayaking in the Gulfs, but this is my first time on the outside coast, although I’m leaving the boat at home until I get certified in Canada for advanced ability. Which will take some work.

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:13 am

It’s one of my favorite places on this rock

We enjoy fishing and crabbing there. Lots of ling cod, halibut, coho and kings and a few rock fish thrown in

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:22 am

I was thinking of getting myself a Forest River R-Pod. !6 feet long, sleeps four, 2800 lbs. I can easily pull it with my Mazda CX-5 and it will fit in almost any campground. You can pick them up used (2015 or so) for less than $10k. Add on a 8 X 11 enclosed "porch" and you got all the room you need at a good price.

Petert

Post by Petert » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:26 am

Millikin wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:57 am

I just looked that up on maps. Sweet location. See any wildlife ?
I’m hoping to.

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:41 am

ddraig wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:22 am
I was thinking of getting myself a Forest River R-Pod. !6 feet long, sleeps four, 2800 lbs. I can easily pull it with my Mazda CX-5 and it will fit in almost any campground. You can pick them up used (2015 or so) for less than $10k. Add on a 8 X 11 enclosed "porch" and you got all the room you need at a good price.
Those are nice and light. Enjoy