Probably will get this me killed

D-train

Re: Probably will get this me killed

Post by D-train » Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:54 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:48 pm
what if the Jays offer Vlad for him?...that was the question that was asked actually, the one i was addressing...
if another team offers an attractive offer for him do you think that Jerry will listen or is he untouchable??
Then it's an absurd question. There needs to be some grounding in reality but hey we gave up Pineda for Montero who was a ZERO tool player so we might be able to get an Ace for VB with his one very good tool. Obviously it doesn't hurt to listen but after making a significant investment to get him and then waiting 3.5 years for him to live up to his potential I am not trading him for a prospect with an uncertain future. Besides, I like the and I like rooting for him. Isn't that part of the deal? You want to root for guys you care about and have followed for years. Or at least I do.
dt

bpj

Post by bpj » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:03 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:14 pm
Clearly if White makes it he should be the 1B but zero reason he can't split time between 1B/DH in the meantime.
ok...so who said he couldn't?...I am just trying to figure out what it is we are supposed to be discussing, i guess nothing
:lol:

Classic Gorgon.

You should just assume the discussion is about nothing by default so you don't stick your confused nose into things it doesn't understand.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:14 pm

The Seinfeld thread. It's a thread about Nothing.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:20 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:54 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
what if the Jays offer Vlad for him?...that was the question that was asked actually, the one i was addressing...
if another team offers an attractive offer for him do you think that Jerry will listen or is he untouchable??
Then it's an absurd question. There needs to be some grounding in reality but hey we gave up Pineda for Montero who was a ZERO tool player so we might be able to get an Ace for VB with his one very good tool. Obviously it doesn't hurt to listen but after making a significant investment to get him and then waiting 3.5 years for him to live up to his potential I am not trading him for a prospect with an uncertain future. Besides, I like the and I like rooting for him. Isn't that part of the deal? You want to root for guys you care about and have followed for years. Or at least I do.
that was the question...Hey its great to have him to root for, but my point was projecting the roster over the next couple of seasons, how its going to evolve. I do not see him as necessarily being a good fit. He might, and there is no reason to dump him, it does come down to an attractive offer. That offer would probably be a club interested in developing him as a first baseman. He could be more valuable as a trade chip than a DH

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:38 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:20 pm
D-train wrote:
Donn Beach wrote:

that was the question...Hey its great to have him to root for, but my point was projecting the roster over the next couple of seasons, how its going to evolve. I do not see him as necessarily being a good fit. He might, and there is no reason to dump him, it does come down to an attractive offer. That offer would probably be a club interested in developing him as a first baseman. He could be more valuable as a trade chip than a DH
That guy on the left in your photo was pretty valuable as a DH who NEVER played the field after the early years.
dt

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:40 pm

Shoot, I just died reading this thread title. So don't feel bad about "getting me this killed" at all.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:47 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:38 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:20 pm
D-train wrote:

That guy on the left in your photo was pretty valuable as a DH who NEVER played the field after the early years.

there are good DH only players now, I mentioned EE and Cruz, I think Vog needs to begin to hit lefties to get into that company, that was my point. But i have been told he can so no problem

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:08 pm

Dee Gordon leads all left handed hitters with a .362 BA vs. lefties. I would rather have Vogey.
dt

bpj

Post by bpj » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:08 pm

D-train wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:08 pm
Dee Gordon leads all left handed hitters with a .362 BA vs. lefties. I would rather have Vogey.
That's amazing. 60 some plate appearances, but hitting like Vogelbachs overall line in those.

Hes 40% worse than the average hitter against righties (big sample) but 30% better against lefties (this season, SSS).

D-train

Post by D-train » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:23 pm

bpj wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:08 pm
D-train wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:08 pm
That's amazing. 60 some plate appearances, but hitting like Vogelbachs overall line in those.

Hes 40% worse than the average hitter against righties (big sample) but 30% better against lefties (this season, SSS).
Quirky squirrely little dude.
dt