Re: The Great Canadian Roadtrip Part III - Rubber Match 8/18/2019

Post by Juliooooo » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:40 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:18 pm
D-train wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:14 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:42 pm
A few people want a higher draft pick, but I think seeing success from guys like Kikuchi is much more important. Great start from kikuchi
It's pretty simple. The difference between a good Kikuchi and a bad Kikuchi is far greater than the difference between the number 5 pick in the number 6 pick
I can't wait to read all you guys' posts on draft day whining when the player you coveted gets picked 1 or 2 slots ahead of the Mariners' draft pick. :lol:
Im going to go out on a limb and guess you'll make more posts about a certain player you wanted the Mariners to pick than I will.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:47 pm

SphereStrikesOut wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:49 pm

King Kikuchi has a nice ring to it.
That would be Emperor Kikuchi.
DMM

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:48 pm

Kingkuchi.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:02 pm

Hanjag wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:26 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
A few people want a higher draft pick, but I think seeing success from guys like Kikuchi is much more important. Great start from kikuchi
That is what I am thinking as well.
The error in your thinking is in the notion that you can't hope for more losses and certain players (whose development is important to the future success of the team) to do well.

Petert

Post by Petert » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:09 pm

It figures. I take a break for a few days and the impossible happens. :D Nice game by Kooch.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:27 pm

Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:02 pm
Hanjag wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:26 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
That is what I am thinking as well.
The error in your thinking is in the notion that you can't hope for more losses and certain players (whose development is important to the future success of the team) to do well.
An error in thinking is also saying that my post implied something contrary to this. There are times where you can't have both though, and Im much happier to see Kikuchi do well than I would be too see him get shelled and the Mariners to lose.

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:30 pm

D-train wrote:
Juliooooo wrote:
It's pretty simple. The difference between a good Kikuchi and a bad Kikuchi is far greater than the difference between the number 5 pick in the number 6 pick
Yeah, I think it makes a lot more sense to have our players playing well, winning as many games as they can, and going into the offseason confident and full of belief in themselves as opposed to just being accustomed to losing with the prize being a player who won't have any sort of impact at the major league level for three to five years and who statistically has a little over half a chance of ever even playing in a regular season major league game.
I can't wait to read all you guys' posts on draft day whining when the player you coveted gets picked 1 or 2 slots ahead of the Mariners' draft pick. :lol:
And who would we "covet" with the #5 pick? Unless there's a Bryce Harper phenom type who'll go #1 anyway, we won't know anything about anyone. This isn't the NBA draft.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:36 pm

DavidGee24 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:30 pm
D-train wrote:
Juliooooo wrote:
Yeah, I think it makes a lot more sense to have our players playing well, winning as many games as they can, and going into the offseason confident and full of belief in themselves as opposed to just being accustomed to losing with the prize being a player who won't have any sort of impact at the major league level for three to five years and who statistically has a little over half a chance of ever even playing in a regular season major league game.
And who would we "covet" with the #5 pick? Unless there's a Bryce Harper phenom type who'll go #1 anyway, we won't know anything about anyone. This isn't the NBA draft.
Exactly. I won't pretend to have any clue about the prospects before the draft, and we don't have access to the private workouts. Many will want a certain player because they play a certain position, but if Mariners think the best player is an outfielder, they should take him, because you shouldn't draft for need in any sport, and that is especially true for mlb.