Fear not! SS says they will get back after it today!

Vogelbomb

Re: Fear not! SS says they will get back after it today!

Post by Vogelbomb » Wed May 08, 2019 6:38 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 1:32 pm
SS used Scrabble 2.0 instead of Elias because the Yankees RH lineup. Is he aware that Elias has given up a .452 OPS vs. righties this season!??!?!?!?!??
We should be happy this team is losing, not nitpicking managing decisions late in the game. This current roster -- especially that of the pitching staff -- is completely worthless. There's no chance of it doing anything. What are you guys whining about?

Scott Servais just needs to keep giving guys the opportunity to perform. That's all I want to see. Vogelbach, Santana, Haniger, Beckham and Narvaes playing every day. I want to see Marco, Swanson and Kikuchi pitch 7 innings every night. See our young relievers put in tough situations and see how they handle 'em. That's all this yr is about.

Vogelbomb

Post by Vogelbomb » Wed May 08, 2019 6:40 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 3:22 pm
That and his refusal to bunt and issue IBBs in obvious situations. And the fact that he has the backbone of a Sea Urchin.
bunting is for idiots

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Wed May 08, 2019 6:43 pm

There's nothing to be happy about seeing this team lose. First of all, this isn't the NBA where a Kevin Durant is sitting there waiting for us to pick him. There is basically zero difference between ending up the fifth-worst team and the tenth-worst team. It's a crapshoot. Further, if you're out there playing losing baseball year after year after year, you just end up getting used to being a losing player.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed May 08, 2019 6:59 pm

Vogelbomb wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 6:40 pm
D-train wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 3:22 pm
That and his refusal to bunt and issue IBBs in obvious situations. And the fact that he has the backbone of a Sea Urchin.
bunting is for idiots
So if you want us to lose then you should want us to bunt a lot then right.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed May 08, 2019 7:04 pm

Vogelbomb wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 6:38 pm
D-train wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 1:32 pm
SS used Scrabble 2.0 instead of Elias because the Yankees RH lineup. Is he aware that Elias has given up a .452 OPS vs. righties this season!??!?!?!?!??
We should be happy this team is losing, not nitpicking managing decisions late in the game. This current roster -- especially that of the pitching staff -- is completely worthless. There's no chance of it doing anything. What are you guys whining about?

Scott Servais just needs to keep giving guys the opportunity to perform. That's all I want to see. Vogelbach, Santana, Haniger, Beckham and Narvaes playing every day. I want to see Marco, Swanson and Kikuchi pitch 7 innings every night. See our young relievers put in tough situations and see how they handle 'em. That's all this yr is about.
So questioning bringing in guy giving up bombs like their beer nuts instead of a guy who's been lights-out is nitpicking? Tell your dad Scott hello for me.
dt

Petert

Post by Petert » Wed May 08, 2019 7:22 pm

D-train wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 1:27 pm
“These are tough losses,” Servais said. “They are tough for everybody. It’s tough for Swarz giving it up. You are battling, you have a rain delay and trying to get through it and turn this thing around. But we’ll show up tomorrow and get back after it.”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDAmPIq29ro

Good God, I am sick of that guy.
I got on the plane with us leading in the 8th, and got off reading the final, and went through the box, summary, and the thread. I literally stopped in my tracks on the concourse.

Servais’ post game commentaries and his field manager demeanor show no passion for the game, no support for his players, no obvious (or at least relatively definable) intellect for game strategy, and no willingness to hold himself accountable. Have any of you ever heard him hold anyone (including himself) accountable ? It’s as if he is a ‘push-button’ manager playing ‘whack-a-mole’: Problem comes up, hit a button and hope it works. Doesn’t work ? Hit another button. Doesn’t work ? We’re a young team.

He has to go. He is a milquetoast in a man’s job.

What are T-Mobile policies on ballpark banners ? Would they allow a “Fire Servais” banner to be hung from a railing without being ejected from the park (?), because I think I’d like to do that.