OT Skaggs

glenstar

OT Skaggs

Post by glenstar » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:31 pm

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/co ... spartanntp

The Tarrant County Medical Examiner's Office said in a report released Friday that Skaggs had the powerful painkillers fentanyl and oxycodone in his system along with alcohol.

Another young life gone. What a shame.

Petert

Re: OT Skaggs

Post by Petert » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:55 pm

How sad. You have to wonder if the painkillers were self-prescribed or given under the care of a physician.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:56 pm

glenstar wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:31 pm
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb/co ... spartanntp

The Tarrant County Medical Examiner's Office said in a report released Friday that Skaggs had the powerful painkillers fentanyl and oxycodone in his system along with alcohol.

Another young life gone. What a shame.
Horrible. Pain killers are no joke. How did he get fentanyl AND oxycodone. Hopefully no medical provider gave him both of those.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

DavidGee24

Post by DavidGee24 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:27 pm

It seemed like a no-brainer that it was an OD. Either that or something similar to what happened to Hank Gathers. Seems like an incredibly reckless thing for Skaggs to do, not just because of how it turned out, but wouldn't that show up in a drug test?

Makes you see Tyler Skaggs Night in a different way. The Mariners rolled over and got intentionally no-hit for nothing.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:43 pm

I have a pretty addictive personality but I will never understand how people get addicted to opioids. I have had a few prescriptions of Percoset and I would almost rather be in pain than have that gross sluggish groggy feeling.
dt

Hanjag

Post by Hanjag » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:56 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:43 pm
I have a pretty addictive personality but I will never understand how people get addicted to opioids. I have had a few prescriptions of Percoset and I would almost rather be in pain than have that gross sluggish groggy feeling.
Same here, I always here we are all humans but we have different metabolic gears. One person gets high and laughs there ass off for an hour. The next, goes into hyper-panic mode. I am military so I have been granted huge quantities of painkillers when they were not warranted. (tossed remainder) I also would think that those two and alcohol was self-diagnosed and medicated. I've seen that before to.

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:01 pm

I had Oxycontin after hernia surgery. I absolutely hated it. It gave me the most horrible cotton mouth and made my head so foggy it was really unpleasant. I took it twice and then I ditched it.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:06 pm

D-train wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:43 pm
Some people get a euphoric feeling in it, then there is dependence which is a totally different thing, and made worse by developed tolerance which leads to increased doses
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

Petert

Post by Petert » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:08 pm

The strongest I’ve had is something called Dilaudid. I can see how people would want to get further acquainted with it.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:47 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:01 pm
I had Oxycontin after hernia surgery. I absolutely hated it. It gave me the most horrible cotton mouth and made my head so foggy it was really unpleasant. I took it twice and then I ditched it.
I know. I can see how people take it that have significant pain but how people would get addicted to that feeling is beyond belief. Of course most people feel the same about my Mariner's addiction.
dt