Dodged a major bullet

Seattle or Bust

Re: Dodged a major bullet

Post by Seattle or Bust » Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:49 pm

It’s not even really an option to choose Seattle over Boston. Far easier park to hit in as a righty. They have a history of winning over the past 20 years and a lineup with established, veteran talent.

That’s not even a slight on Seattle. Just a fact.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:49 pm

He wanted to hit at Fenway, rather play in the AL East. I don't think it's travel miles but being stuck up in the corner of the country in Seattle I can see as not that exciting

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:53 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:49 pm
He wanted to hit at Fenway, rather play in the AL East. I don't think it's travel miles but being stuck up in the corner of the country in Seattle I can see as not that exciting
We had one chip to offer and that was SS but JD opted to throw that chip in Puget sound last October.
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:40 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:46 pm
Case_Of_The_Runs wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:40 pm
seattlefan-daBronx wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:35 pm
I'd put this as evidence under our poll for 2022 topic that players don't want to sign here.
Hard to unpack. Did we know what exactly what the offer was the M's made? If it was identical, then the position change to 3B may have been the deciding factor. Who knows?

Maybe he liked Dunkins more than Starbucks?
How, how do you know about that. There are literally more Dunkin's here than Starbucks in Seattle and the coffee is F-ing disgusting.
Probably a lot cheaper too.

bpj

Post by bpj » Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:06 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:53 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:49 pm
We had one chip to offer and that was SS but JD opted to throw that chip in Puget sound last October.
If Story was the fish that would have ended up biting, we probably dodged a massive bullet thanks to Dipotos numbskull anointing of JP as the immaculate shortstop.

Ownership probably wouldn't sign off on an expensive shortstop when JP was already going to cost them 5 million bucks.

I know he's not "expensive" in terms of WAR/$, but I was surprised to see JP getting paid so much this year. The worst part of it all is we're probably going to be searching for a SS in a couple years anyways.. Crawford seems like a "test the free agent market" guy instead of a "signing a team friendly extension" guy.