Who would be your trade target at this point?

Seattle or Bust

Re: Who would be your trade target at this point?

Post by Seattle or Bust » Thu May 26, 2022 4:41 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 3:54 pm
Fangraphs projection for our pitching staff is spot so far.

fg.JPG
I think the pitching staff will rebound. I'm not sure relying on a repeat year from Flexen was the best idea. Guys who throw 92-94 up in the zone with not much movement are typically not very dominant.

The biggest disappointment by far has been Winker - we're talking a guy coming off back-to-back .932 and .949 OPS years. I suppose if I had to be around Scott Servais all day, I'd probably lose my manhood and forget what it's like to dominant too. For all the grief Suarez has gotten, he's at .9 bWAR and has an OPS similar to where Seager sat when he was at his best. Although he does lead the league in K's...

Crawford is actually around like 12-15 in WAR depending on the metric used. France is turning into one of the best players in baseball.

What I wouldn't give now for the M's to have made a massive attempt for Jose Ramirez. The Guardians are getting him at a bargain rate and he's easily one of the best the game has to offer.

If the M's want to start winning Winker and KLew need to step of massively. Ray and Kirby need to be a touch more dominant. Flexen and Marco just need to be league average... but that's asking a lot at this point.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu May 26, 2022 5:18 pm

Seattle or Bust wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 4:41 pm
D-train wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 3:54 pm
Fangraphs projection for our pitching staff is spot so far.

fg.JPG
I think the pitching staff will rebound. I'm not sure relying on a repeat year from Flexen was the best idea. Guys who throw 92-94 up in the zone with not much movement are typically not very dominant.

The biggest disappointment by far has been Winker - we're talking a guy coming off back-to-back .932 and .949 OPS years. I suppose if I had to be around Scott Servais all day, I'd probably lose my manhood and forget what it's like to dominant too. For all the grief Suarez has gotten, he's at .9 bWAR and has an OPS similar to where Seager sat when he was at his best. Although he does lead the league in K's...

Crawford is actually around like 12-15 in WAR depending on the metric used. France is turning into one of the best players in baseball.

What I wouldn't give now for the M's to have made a massive attempt for Jose Ramirez. The Guardians are getting him at a bargain rate and he's easily one of the best the game has to offer.

If the M's want to start winning Winker and KLew need to step of massively. Ray and Kirby need to be a touch more dominant. Flexen and Marco just need to be league average... but that's asking a lot at this point.
The striking thing to me is that we are on pace to exceed FGs projection by ~4 wins and yet we are 11 games under .500 and in last place! What does that say about the roster construction. Sorry, JD needs to go.
dt

Captain 97

Post by Captain 97 » Thu May 26, 2022 8:40 pm

The disparity between fan graphs and Baseball Reference is pretty severe. fangraphs has them at 8.3 WAR which is on pace for 29.88 WAR. Baseball reference has them at 5.4 WAR which is on pace for 19.44 WAR It looks like the bWAR is more accurate in the case of the M's.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu May 26, 2022 8:47 pm

Captain 97 wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 8:40 pm
The disparity between fan graphs and Baseball Reference is pretty severe. fangraphs has them at 8.3 WAR which is on pace for 29.88 WAR. Baseball reference has them at 5.4 WAR which is on pace for 19.44 WAR It looks like the bWAR is more accurate in the case of the M's.
Was going to say we are drastically underperforming in the fWAR/Wins ratio.
dt