Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun May 12, 2019 7:20 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 7:17 pm
IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 7:14 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 7:10 pm

Why? Their offense isn't the problem.
It isn't? Scoring 10 runs every 4th game and 2 or less every other isn't going to get the job done.
Giving up more runs than anyone else in MLB is though. Also, having the worst defense in the MLB is a problem. MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH more than the offense.
The point is that the Mariners have had numerous games already this year where they were held to very few hits. A couple times they have been no-hit into later innings, if my memory serves me. They are a feast or famine type of line-up, which probably suggests that they excel at hitting certain types of pitches and when they face a pitcher that doesn't throw them they are lost.

Juliooooo

Re: 5-12-19 Mothers Day Game Thread

Post by Juliooooo » Sun May 12, 2019 7:22 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 7:20 pm
The point is that the Mariners have had numerous games already this year where they were held to very few hits. A couple times they have been no-hit into later innings, if my memory serves me. They are a feast or famine type of line-up, which probably suggests that they excel at hitting certain types of pitches and when they face a pitcher that doesn't throw them they are lost.
Yeah, they have struggled at times against better pitchers, but most teams do. That doesn't mean that most teams are inevitably going to get no hit multiple times.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Sun May 12, 2019 7:27 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 7:22 pm
Yeah, they have struggled at times against better pitchers, but most teams do. That doesn't mean that most teams are inevitably going to get no hit multiple times.
They've struggled against some mediocre to bad pitchers as well.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sun May 12, 2019 7:31 pm

Sun May 12, 2019 7:27 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 7:22 pm
Whatever dude. Ignore reality. Ms must be the worst offense ever to lead mlb in runs.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sun May 12, 2019 7:38 pm

Altavilla simply is not good. How many times do we have to see him to realize it.

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Sun May 12, 2019 7:40 pm

Sun May 12, 2019 7:27 pm

That has always been their modus operandi. Something in the M's DNA makes them predisposed to struggling against pitchers.
Rocky Colavito is a Hall of Famer in my book!

bpj

Post by bpj » Sun May 12, 2019 7:43 pm

Especially after inserting Crawford and Long, why is anyone complaining about defense or the offense?

The Mariners are clearly are not trying to win the pennant any longer.

They're about to tout every player that's not nailed downs' "versatility".

Showcase where Gordon, Bruce, Beckham and Encarnacion can play and hope they bring a decent return when/if they get traded.

Imo, this is what happens to an offense when your players are sitting every third night. Just let your good players play... :idea:

IStillLoveTheMs

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Sun May 12, 2019 7:47 pm

The M's offense *was good. When they were averaging 7+ a game, walking a shit ton and stacking hits.

The M's are 2-11 their last 13 games. In those 11 losses they're averaging 2.37 runs per game.

That's why they're losing. We all knew the pitching wasn't going to be amazing... but when you're putting up barely over 2 runs a game on O it doesn't matter.
Last edited by IStillLoveTheMs on Sun May 12, 2019 7:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rockycola

Post by rockycola » Sun May 12, 2019 7:48 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 7:38 pm
Altavilla simply is not good. How many times do we have to see him to realize it.
Not good? He came into this game with a 0.00 ERA! :|
Of course the one game he pitched, before going on the I.L. he was credited with a blown save.............inherited 2 baserunners (7th inning), faced 3 batters, walked one of them, gave up a hit, blew the save..........but the M's came back to win at Oakland. Doesn't that make him a hero??? :P

Forgot to mention, now that Altavilla's been pulled, his current ERA is 40.50. That's a hell of a jump.

To think I was going to cherish the 6 or 7 autographed baseballs signed by both him and Rumbelow that I have. Do I have any bids?
Rocky Colavito is a Hall of Famer in my book!

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Sun May 12, 2019 7:59 pm

IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 7:47 pm
The M's offense *was good. When they were averaging 7+ a game, walking a shit ton and stacking hits.

The M's are 2-11 their last 13 games. In those 11 losses they're averaging 2.37 runs per game.

That's why they're losing. We all knew the pitching wasn't going to be amazing... but when you're putting up barely over 2 runs a game on O it doesn't matter.
LOL, it also doesn't matter when you are giving up 8.2 runs a game. You aren't going to win many of those games. LMAO that you think offense is the reason they are losing when giving up over 8 runs a game.