Post by mostonmike » Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:21 pm

Big_Maple wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:18 pm
Bob's your uncle!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Southpaw773

Re: Return of the Soggy arm!

Post by Southpaw773 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:22 pm

Pitch clock not doing much for this game.
It’s been over two hours and still the top of the 6th lol

Southpaw773

Post by Southpaw773 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:35 pm

They’ve lost a lot of balls in the “sun” today. SMH

Seattle or Bust

Post by Seattle or Bust » Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:53 am

Can't wait for the "oh, but he played hurt excuses" when Crawford again hits for a .700 OPS.

Bil522

Post by Bil522 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:13 pm

Greg Amisinger from MLB Nerwork just said on 710, the next blockbuster trade he thinks will be Fernado Tatis to the Mariners for a boatload of young pitching

Big_Maple

Post by Big_Maple » Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:21 pm

Bil522 wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:13 pm
Greg Amisinger from MLB Nerwork just said on 710, the next blockbuster trade he thinks will be Fernado Tatis to the Mariners for a boatload of young pitching
I don't know exactly how I feel about that. On the one hand, he is young, and dynamic, and talented and fun to watch. Moreover, if we could somehow juggle JP Crawford to 2B to accommodate Tatis and get rid of the Wong boys, I think it would be significant offensive upgrade. JP has said he wouldn't be opposed to moving to 2B unlike what Jerry says. And Kolten does not appear to be any better than Frazier. So there's that.

On the other hand, Tatis is reckless (multiple motorcycle accidents), and he's not very good defensively. And he would cost us a boatload of talent. So it mostly depends on what it would cost and how easy it would be to accommodate him in the infield.

On a different, but still related note - I am really starting to get on board with Kelenic. He is having a helluva spring - I am hoping he doesn't fade. I am getting the sense that this isn't just a fluke - he really does look like he's comfortable at the plate, he's benefiting from a shift ban, and he's hitting with power. A JK, JR and Teoscar outfield is starting to excite me.

GL_Storm

Post by GL_Storm » Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:28 pm

Bil522 wrote:
Well, they can have the pitching if they give us Tatis. And young pitching could include Logan Gilbert as well.

Something like:

Gilbert
Bryan Woo
Pitching Prospect
Positional Prospect (maybe G2)

But really, I wonder if Amsinger has an actual source or if he's just stirring things up. That would be a big boy move for Seattle though. I could see JK going in that deal as well, though that would leave us without any real left-handed power.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:49 am

Ludicrous. Zero chance.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:32 am

Big_Maple wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:21 pm
Bil522 wrote:
I don't know exactly how I feel about that. On the one hand, he is young, and dynamic, and talented and fun to watch. Moreover, if we could somehow juggle JP Crawford to 2B to accommodate Tatis and get rid of the Wong boys, I think it would be significant offensive upgrade. JP has said he wouldn't be opposed to moving to 2B unlike what Jerry says. And Kolten does not appear to be any better than Frazier. So there's that.

On the other hand, Tatis is reckless (multiple motorcycle accidents), and he's not very good defensively. And he would cost us a boatload of talent. So it mostly depends on what it would cost and how easy it would be to accommodate him in the infield.

On a different, but still related note - I am really starting to get on board with Kelenic. He is having a helluva spring - I am hoping he doesn't fade. I am getting the sense that this isn't just a fluke - he really does look like he's comfortable at the plate, he's benefiting from a shift ban, and he's hitting with power. A JK, JR and Teoscar outfield is starting to excite me.
What you basing that on, spring training?