Can we please just try to not suck game thread?

bpj

Re: Can we please just try to not suck game thread?

Post by bpj » Tue May 14, 2019 6:14 am

IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 6:07 am
bpj wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 6:01 am
Wonder if we could have won this one with better defense instead of bats...
Wait, what?

Did you watch their defense on the road trip? They gave up like 10 unearned runs and the bats didn't do shit.

Their defense is killing them at the moment lol
They had 5 solo homeruns tonight guy, follow along.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Tue May 14, 2019 6:17 am

bpj wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 6:08 am
Juliooooo wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 6:04 am
bpj wrote:
A good defender could have possibly robbed Davis of a HR, so it could have helped.
:lol:

Riiight. And in the land of possibilities, an 11 foot outfielder may have caught two of them!
Are you taking about Khris Davis 2nd HR? I only saw the replay on my phone, and it looked like it barely cleared the fence
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

Millikin

Post by Millikin » Tue May 14, 2019 6:22 am

How about they work on fundamental defense before we start demanding amazing, homerun-stealing catches over the wall? These clowns botched an easy rundown and probably got bailed out by the umps (should never have been that close regardless).
She/Him/This/That/Salami/Donut

IStillLoveTheMs

Post by IStillLoveTheMs » Tue May 14, 2019 6:31 am

bpj wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 6:14 am
IStillLoveTheMs wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 6:07 am
bpj wrote:
Wait, what?

Did you watch their defense on the road trip? They gave up like 10 unearned runs and the bats didn't do shit.

Their defense is killing them at the moment lol
They had 5 solo homeruns tonight guy, follow along.
I'm not sure what you're even talking about?

OK... they had 5 solo home runs? So? The M's also had 2 early defensive miscues that the Red Sox and Yankees would have teed off on back East. Had the A's been a better hitting team, they'd take advantage of those extra outs. The M's got blown out in those games and had no chance of coming back because their defense blew it early and hemorrhaged unearned runs on the pitching staffs.

I'm not even sure what you're trying to say? Shed Long replaced Dee Gordon at 2B and went 0-4? You're saying if the M's had started Dee Gordon, they'd have been worse off and lost this game?

The theme of the entire road trip was that the M's defense was horrific and needed to be better. It was so awful that not even the poor performance of the offense was talked about much because teams can seldom recover when they give up free runs at the pace the M's were.

If your point is: good offense means more than good defense... yeah, no shit Sherlock. but in the 2-11 stretch the M's averaged 2.3 runs a game in their losses and played horrible defense. you can't combine bad offense with poor defense... And thats the exact problem with this team: they need to avg 6 runs a game or they're gonna lose cause their defense gives up free runs and extends innings.

bpj

Post by bpj » Tue May 14, 2019 7:10 am

You can't defend against the home run.

That's all I was saying.

Judas priest.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue May 14, 2019 2:42 pm

Two miracles when I got up this morning. I went to bed with the score 4-1 so my eyes almost popped out of my head when I saw the final and the baby rabbit that I rescued from the crow after it dropped it onto our street from about 10 feet in the air while trying to fly away with it was still alive. :shock:
dt

Jack Merridew

Post by Jack Merridew » Tue May 14, 2019 2:51 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 2:42 pm
Two miracles when I got up this morning. I went to bed with the score 4-1 so my eyes almost popped out of my head when I saw the final and the baby rabbit that I rescued from the crow after it dropped it onto our street from about 10 feet in the air while trying to fly away with it was still alive. :shock:
That was a crawk, not a crow. ;)

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue May 14, 2019 3:22 pm

Jack Merridew wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 2:51 pm
D-train wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 2:42 pm
That was a crawk, not a crow. ;)
Ripley's believe it or not. Only a mile and a half from the megatropolis that is now Down town Kirkland and we have rabbits, coyotes and even deer in our neighborhood along with the neighbor's horse, our four dogs, rabbit and dozen Koi. Not to mention enough birds for a Hitchcock film.
dt

Jack Merridew

Post by Jack Merridew » Tue May 14, 2019 5:26 pm

Are you adopting the rabbit then, or is it's mother still there?

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue May 14, 2019 5:34 pm

Jack Merridew wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 5:26 pm
Are you adopting the rabbit then, or is it's mother still there?
Did see the mother but of course it wasn't too interested in coming near us. Hopefully we can reunite them soon.
dt