Can we please just try to not suck game thread?

D-train

Re: Can we please just try to not suck game thread?

Post by D-train » Tue May 14, 2019 5:40 pm

I thought Crows were just scavengers. Damn thing picked it up and tried two or three times to fly away with it and the rabbit squirmed out of its grasp each time. Quite the life and death struggle.
dt

Millikin

Post by Millikin » Tue May 14, 2019 6:01 pm

I was sitting in my car one time, having lunch, watching a crow and squirrel fight with each other. The crow eventually scared off the (adult) squirrel long enough to reach into some nearby weeds and pull a baby squirrel out.

The crow proceeded to peck the baby squirrel to death and eat it bit by bit, occasionally stopping to fend off the mother squirrel.

It was a disturbing reminder how lucky we are that birds aren't larger than humans. I like birds, but they're super a-holes.
She/Him/This/That/Salami/Donut

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue May 14, 2019 6:36 pm

Millikin wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 6:01 pm
I was sitting in my car one time, having lunch, watching a crow and squirrel fight with each other. The crow eventually scared off the (adult) squirrel long enough to reach into some nearby weeds and pull a baby squirrel out.

The crow proceeded to peck the baby squirrel to death and eat it bit by bit, occasionally stopping to fend off the mother squirrel.

It was a disturbing reminder how lucky we are that birds aren't larger than humans. I like birds, but they're super a-holes.
Yikes. Is that why you have to wear the eye patch?
dt

Jack Merridew

Post by Jack Merridew » Tue May 14, 2019 10:14 pm

Crows are fairly smart and can work as teams to harrass and drive away competitors like hawks and eagles. I have also seen them stealing food from seagulls. They seem to be much more widespread now than when i was growing up. I remember seeing a massive number of them hanging around the site of the Longacres race track in Renton several years ago. Literally tens of thousands.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue May 14, 2019 11:01 pm

Jack Merridew wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 10:14 pm
Crows are fairly smart and can work as teams to harrass and drive away competitors like hawks and eagles. I have also seen them stealing food from seagulls. They seem to be much more widespread now than when i was growing up. I remember seeing a massive number of them hanging around the site of the Longacres race track in Renton several years ago. Literally tens of thousands.
I know he was just trying to survive but when it comes down to a crow vs. a baby rabbit I am going to side with the rabbit. Go find some road kill, pal.
dt