LL's Off season plan aka how to get us almost mediocre

D-train

Re: LL's Off season plan aka how to get us almost mediocre

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:19 pm

Dr Naysay wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:03 pm
Honestly :mrgreen: Comparing a team with Ohtani and Trout to us with the only similarity being a high priced player coming of the bill. :mrgreen:
That got them four more wins than us. And their farm system isn't even ranked in the top half of baseball. I think we would have came up with four more wins if Haniger and Seager hadn't been injured, had Crawford all season vs. the worst defensive SS in baseball history in Bechkham and we didn't use 57 pitchers that probably will never pitch in big leagues again.

https://www.mlb.com/news/mlb-farm-system-rankings-2019
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:28 pm

Either Brock is on the payroll or JD has him brainwashed. Not sure what is worse.

Corey Brock
@CoreyBrockMLB
·
8m
The Mariners would love it if Justin Dunn wins a spot in the rotation in spring and Logan Gilbert follows at some point in 2020.
But they have to be pragmatic and add some depth this winter.

Darren Warner
@DarrenWarner2
·
35s
Replying to
@CoreyBrockMLB
Why? Just sign some more scrubs from the Indy leagues or use their bad AAA starters. I don't get the point of spending fairly significant money signing stop gap back end FA starters in an attempt to win three more games in another season that they will likely finish under .500.
dt

Dr Naysay

Post by Dr Naysay » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:41 pm

Not sure what their record last season has to do with anything. They just announced they are going to spend money and then I said "and they get even more money to spend next season and our division will be very difficult" and somehow whataboutism took over.

I tell you what, let's book mark this page and we will see how easy the division will be in a couple of years because my expectation is it will be the second or possibly even the most difficult divison in all of baseball.

D-train

Post by D-train » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:49 pm

Dr Naysay wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:41 pm
Not sure what their record last season has to do with anything. They just announced they are going to spend money and then I said "and they get even more money to spend next season and our division will be very difficult" and somehow whataboutism took over.

I tell you what, let's book mark this page and we will see how easy the division will be in a couple of years because my expectation is it will be the second or possibly even the most difficult divison in all of baseball.
It will be a tough division but I don't see the Angels having much if any advantage over us at this point. Who cares if they spend this off season. We aren't trying to win next season.
dt

Bil522

Post by Bil522 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:16 am

D-train wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:49 pm
Dr Naysay wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:41 pm

It will be a tough division but I don't see the Angels having much if any advantage over us at this point. Who cares if they spend this off season. We aren't trying to win next season.
That is why you make a huge offer for Boras(Cole) to shaft the Angels more.....make the 6yr $240mill offer and make Arte and the rest of baseball match it.