Astros controversy

Dr Naysay

Re: Astros controversy

Post by Dr Naysay » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:23 pm

Edit: Actually like Happy as Hell I am done.......I notice posts are being removed again, you can't send a private message on here because that option has been removed. Amazing how the arbiters of free speech on here get so easily offended.

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:45 pm

Moe Gibbs wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:38 pm
Michael K. wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:28 pm
The guy was never charged with domestic violence, yet this reporter would never leave it alone. Quick question here, did anyone ask her to apologize?

The Astro dude was a fool, and deserves to lose his job. The Astros handled it poorly, and probably deserve the distraction it has become. But why is that the only focus?

There is enough media coverage these days to dissect every little thing these guys do wrong. Do we really need reporters hounding players years later about things they were accused of? I read a lot of sports news....the stuff I don’t read is about what the players are doing off the field. Good or bad...I just don’t care. And especially years later. The horse is dead, stop beating it!

Go onto the Seahawks forum. I promise you I will get “I told you so” from at least two posters the very next time Penny has a decent play...despite the fact that he hasn’t done jack for a long time. It is human nature. This guy grew tired of the reporter hounding a dead subject and took a very stupid route to showing her “I told you so”.

If she hadn’t still been beating this horse over a year later, would it have been an issue? They both deserve some blame here, but one lost his job and the other will be stirring hornets nests even more because it made her famous.

Hell, you read it a few days ago....Frank beat women. No, no he didn’t, but some irresponsible reporters wrote the story that way!
Good post.
I hope the people who support this reporter's crusade to defame a man without evidence, then get his management fired for objecting to his defamatory treatment find themselves in this man's shoes someday.
It has become very clear to me that the Sports media is just as liberal as the rest of the media (ie Curt Schilling still isn't in the HOF) so you won't find any published opposing opinions on this issue. Check out this Mike guy get eviscerated on Twitter just for considering the other side of the issue.

https://twitter.com/MikeBara9/status/11 ... 3270427649
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:46 pm

Dr Naysay wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:23 pm
Edit: Actually like Happy as Hell I am done.......I notice posts are being removed again, you can't send a private message on here because that option has been removed. Amazing how the arbiters of free speech on here get so easily offended.
I haven't deleted any.
dt

Dr Naysay

Post by Dr Naysay » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:47 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:46 pm
Dr Naysay wrote:
I haven't deleted any.
No you haven't!!!! I know that.....trying to work out how to delete my account. Can you do that for me please?

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:51 pm

Dr Naysay wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:47 pm
D-train wrote:
Dr Naysay wrote:
I haven't deleted any.
No you haven't!!!! I know that.....trying to work out how to delete my account. Can you do that for me please?
I don't have that option either and I have no idea why PMs are disabled. What is the problem?
dt

Hasslecracked

Post by Hasslecracked » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:08 pm

How can anyone defend Taubmans actions? Even if she was against DV and outspoken about the move, the guy is the 2nd in command for a franchise in the World Series. Anyone who defends him is a piece of shit

D-train

Post by D-train » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:37 pm

Hasslecracked wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:08 pm
How can anyone defend Taubmans actions? Even if she was against DV and outspoken about the move, the guy is the 2nd in command for a franchise in the World Series. Anyone who defends him is a piece of shit
I can see how he would be annoyed but yes how he handled it was horrible. Public figures need to be able handle criticism without losing their minds.
dt

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:49 pm

D-train wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:37 pm
Hasslecracked wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:08 pm
I can see how he would be annoyed but yes how he handled it was horrible. Public figures need to be able handle criticism without losing their minds.
I didn't see anything to draw your ire here. But, you don't feel that one reporter tweeting about DV every time a guy pitches for over a year is over the top a bit? If someone did that the entire time Frank Clark played here, would we all have just shrugged it off? I know I wouldn't.

Read my post again. The guy was foolish, and deserves what he got. But this reporter is now famous. How hard it must be for her. The big bad man shouted at her? Come one....Sherman and Bennett did much worse while here....the story died. Why is that?

Hasslecracked

Post by Hasslecracked » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:54 pm

I hope your daughters or grand daughters never get in an abusive relationship Michael K is all im going to say

Double Mocha Man

Post by Double Mocha Man » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:40 pm

Dr Naysay wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:47 pm
D-train wrote:
Dr Naysay wrote:
I haven't deleted any.
Naysay... don't you go anywhere! Stick around... we need you.
DMM