Justin Dunn.

Carson Smith.

Steve Cishek.

Juan Then.

Mike Montgomery.

Edwin Diaz.

Levi Stoudt.

Chris Flexen.

Jerry has a track record of trading all sorts of pitchers at all points of his rebuild. I see no reason why he would not move a big piece to acquire some offensive pop right now.
Jerry's boss says we have all the offensive pop we need :roll:

Big_Maple

Re: Trade!

Post by Big_Maple » Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:37 pm

bhofferb wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:30 pm
AJerry's boss says we have all the offensive pop we need :roll:
I know. I know.

But JD and Scotty know otherwise.

I just don’t see how he can’t not swing a deal. For starters, he’s Trader Jerry and it’s been months since his last trade. (Whoops - forgot about Flexen - but that’s a salary dump and not a consequential trade) He must have dry heaves and bed spins by now. But second, they have an embarrassment if riches in terms of pitching.

They hardly play Kolten anymore (for obvious reasons), and JCab isn’t much better. And….there is literally nothing in either the SS or 2B in FA this year, and we don’t have much in the farm that is 2B MLB ready next year. They have to replace Kolten, and it has to be through trade.

He literally can’t not trade. His bosses know this. What they say publicly doesn’t reflect the reality of the situation.

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:55 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:02 pm
They aren't going to trade any starting pitching. That is Jerry's brand. He is more likely to fire his lap dog first.
Quietly, Emerson Hancock was recently named Minor League Pitcher of the month. Let him come up and throw a few innings this year. Could be an attractive bargaining piece at the deadline.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:21 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:03 pm
He traded taijaun Walker
Who drafted Walker?
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:25 pm

Big_Maple wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:18 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
He traded taijaun Walker
James Paxton.

Swanson and Macko.

Kendall Graveman.

Justin Dunn.

Carson Smith.

Steve Cishek.

Juan Then.

Mike Montgomery.

Edwin Diaz.

Levi Stoudt.

Chris Flexen.

Jerry has a track record of trading all sorts of pitchers at all points of his rebuild. I see no reason why he would not move a big piece to acquire some offensive pop right now.
James Paxton. Jack Z guy

Swanson and Macko. Reliever and a second tier prospect. I bet Swanson lost when they let RR pitch to Alvarez and they labeled him a clubhouse cancer

Kendall Graveman. Reliever with expiring contract.

Justin Dunn. Sucked

Carson Smith. Jack Z guy

Steve Cishek. Reliever

Juan Then. 3rd tier prospect

Mike Montgomery. Jack Z guy

Edwin Diaz. Jack Z guy

Levi Stoudt. 2nd tier prosect

Chris Flexen. Was toast

Logan Gilbert - Jerry's 1st round pick and one of the best young starters in baseball with 3.5 years of control.

Which one is not like the others.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:27 pm

Big_Maple wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:37 pm
bhofferb wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:30 pm
AJerry's boss says we have all the offensive pop we need :roll:
I know. I know.

But JD and Scotty know otherwise.

I just don’t see how he can’t not swing a deal. For starters, he’s Trader Jerry and it’s been months since his last trade. (Whoops - forgot about Flexen - but that’s a salary dump and not a consequential trade) He must have dry heaves and bed spins by now. But second, they have an embarrassment if riches in terms of pitching.

They hardly play Kolten anymore (for obvious reasons), and JCab isn’t much better. And….there is literally nothing in either the SS or 2B in FA this year, and we don’t have much in the farm that is 2B MLB ready next year. They have to replace Kolten, and it has to be through trade.

He literally can’t not trade. His bosses know this. What they say publicly doesn’t reflect the reality of the situation.
Prepare to be surprised and disappointed.
dt

Big_Maple

Post by Big_Maple » Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:41 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:27 pm
Prepare to be surprised and disappointed.
I’m not sure how and who acquired the players is relevant to whether or not Jerry traded them. Edwin Diaz was - and still is - one if the best closers in the game. Who cares who signed him? Jerry saw a need and it was the right move to offload Cano, so he did it. Point is, Jerry will wheel and deal just about anything that isn’t bolted to the ground.

If your point is that Logan Gilbert is sacrosanct, then I get it. But surely not every single arm is off limits. Woo, Miller. Hancock. Take your pick(s). I just don’t buy the argument that because Jerry signed them, he won’t trade them. Kirby is off limits - I get that. You’re not crazy about my Gilbert trade. At some point, the M’s have to shit or get off the pot.

Hell, even if we don’t trade for a 2B before the deadline just because we are hoarding pitchers, what do we do when Kolten’s contract is up? Put Jose there? The M’s have to do something, sometime. Everyone around here seems to think we won’t go after free agents. That leaves internal options (none in the horizon) or trades. And it’s not like we have position players to trade.

*shrugs*

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:52 pm

D-train wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 10:21 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
He traded taijaun Walker
Who drafted Walker?
Zduerencik regime. Around the 40th pick.

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Fri Jul 07, 2023 12:53 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:55 pm
D-train wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2023 5:02 pm
They aren't going to trade any starting pitching. That is Jerry's brand. He is more likely to fire his lap dog first.
Quietly, Emerson Hancock was recently named Minor League Pitcher of the month. Let him come up and throw a few innings this year. Could be an attractive bargaining piece at the deadline.
He had a horrible start yesterday. I wonder how much he was hoping to get the call instead of Milone. I’m sure he was disappointed.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez