D-train

Re: World Series thread

Post by D-train » Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:02 am

Couple more pool noodle bats and we are right there with them:
dt

Sibelius Hindemith

Post by Sibelius Hindemith » Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:49 am

Yeah i'm pretty sure every team has an amazing record when they score 10 or more runs.
I mean, duuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhh.

D-train

Post by D-train » Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:11 pm

Sibelius Hindemith wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2023 2:49 am
Yeah i'm pretty sure every team has an amazing record when they score 10 or more runs.
I mean, duuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhh.
M's managed to do it 11/162. Imagine how fun it would be to watch your team do it 28 times.
dt

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:07 am

The Rangers

F u Jerry. That should have been us

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:41 am

Hey, Jerry! See what happens when an organization spends some money to get help in positions that need help? The Rangers spent some money in the offseason and look what they did! They leapfrogged the M's AND the Astros to win the AL West then the ALCS, and now the World Series! Obviously winning is NOT a priority with you guys! Go "F' yourself!

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:54 am

:D
ddraig wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:41 am
Hey, Jerry! See what happens when an organization spends some money to get help in positions that need help? The Rangers spent some money in the offseason and look what they did! They leapfrogged the M's AND the Astros to win the AL West then the ALCS, and now the World Series! Obviously winning is NOT a priority with you guys! Go "F' yourself!
They will pay for this in five years or so, when despite the fact that they've made money hand over fist over the this time? They didn't plan ahead like Jerry. Never mind, even if that is true, which it isn't...THEY'LL HAVE A FUCKING RING!

mostonmike

Post by mostonmike » Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:04 am

Michael K. wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:54 am
They will pay for this in five years or so, when despite the fact that they've made money hand over fist over the this time? They didn't plan ahead like Jerry. Never mind, even if that is true, which it isn't...THEY'LL HAVE A FUCKING RING!
Yeah, its funny to watch them impatient Rangers celebrating with the Commissioner's Trophy. We can only laugh at their poor failure to think of the bigger picture. Their owners haven't done their fans any favours at all tonight. They're just going to end up stuck in the mud. Keep the faith with Jerry's plan. They're going to be sorry they won it. :cry:

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:52 pm

Wow, I didn't realize Sewald shat the bed last night. Dat's a shame...lol
dt

Hy Feiber

Post by Hy Feiber » Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:15 pm

ddraig wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:41 am
There’s the age old debate about the effects of a manager on team performance, vs the level of payroll.

So in regards to the Rangers and M’s, consider that Bochy is in his first year, in 2022 these same high paid free agents were fairly average, and the team did poorly.

So who thinks Servais and company would have had the Rangers in the Series this year?

No one, right?

And to what extent did Bochy’s arrival, with his previous World Series wins, cause the team to make The Great Leap?

Just curious.

D-train

Post by D-train » Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:25 pm

I noticed the player called the Rangers GM C Y. Guessing they are required to call Jerry "Mr. DiPoto"
dt