Wow Servais with an Epic quote. Something is up.

Donn Beach

Re: Wow Servais with an Epic quote. Something is up.

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:43 pm

Yeah, I'm just intrigued that he wants to go super pitcher heavy like I was eluding to before. They will put together another analytical oriented lineup together around the pitching.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:47 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:43 pm
Yeah, I'm just intrigued that he wants to go super pitcher heavy like I was eluding to before. They will put together another analytical oriented lineup together around the pitching.
Using completely different "analytics" lol Grasping at straws comes to mind.
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:55 pm

They run their own analytics, you don't think they didn't have reams of data on whoever last season? That's what front offices do now, run numbers, and then sign some stiff

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:58 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:55 pm
They run their own analytics, you don't think they didn't have reams of data on whoever last season? That's what front offices do now, run numbers, and then sign some stiff
They just dumped four guys that were key pieces in the lineup last year. Their analytics must be "evolving"
dt

seattlefan-daBronx

Post by seattlefan-daBronx » Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:06 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:42 pm
D-train wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:28 pm
Lucky for you, looks like you will have another 5 years to obsess about Trump. LOL
Tuesday, December 5
Race/Topic (Click to Sort) Poll Results Spread
General Election: Trump vs. Biden The Messenger/HarrisX Trump 53, Biden 47 Trump +6
Not obsessed in the least, the guys Teflon with his groupies that's all. I know what it's like to be a land developer, you lie, inflate your assets when you want a loan and reduce them when it's tax time..

I'll tell you a story...I went in for a loan to build an apartment house. It was going to need to be 100% financed. I sat at a table with my banker, he went through my numbers. He concluded I'd need like $30,000 in deposit to qualify or something. Swear to God, this was the only time in my life I thought on my feet. I took the paperwork from him, told him it was actually old numbers. Sat there in front of him and changed them, crossed them out, reduced my construction costs and raised the value of my assets. He ran it again and gave me 100% financing, that's land development
:lol:
Pronouns: Kiss/My/Ass

ddraig

Post by ddraig » Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:04 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:58 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:55 pm
They just dumped four guys that were key pieces in the lineup last year. Their analytics must be "evolving"
Just looking for guys who are cheaper and hoping they can win 54% of their games. I'm almost willing to bet that there are four guys on this forum who could have put up better numbers than White, Wong, La Stella, and Pollock.

Coeurd’Alene J

Post by Coeurd’Alene J » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:48 pm

It’s obvious Stanton is a cheap owner and loves making the most profit in the mlb that motivates him. So we are swimming against the current with this team ever spending like the rangers. However it sure looks like Jerry being Jerry is signaling he may or may not trade pitching unless it’s on his terms. Hopefully he finds a willing partner. It would be helpful to budget around $40M this yr. But I’m sure that will never happen so with only a $20m budget we will never see a Yamamoto or Ohtani in teal. I just don’t buy Jerry snake oil bullshit. He wants to trade a pitcher he just needs to win the deal

bhofferb

Post by bhofferb » Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:02 am

If Jerry doesn’t spend some money this offseason, he can cut the BS about needing to save up for the young guys upcoming big paydays, because every one of them will be signing elsewhere as soon as they can

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:29 am

D-train wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:20 pm
Here it's being read as a shot at ownership, the cards being dealt are them not spending money
The Seattle Mariners are confounding and angering fans with their moves this offseason, and they may just be angering their manager too.

Speaking at the Winter Meetings in Nashville on Monday, Scott Servais made it pretty clear he's not a huge fan of the team trading away both Eugenio Suarez and Jarred Kelenic in salary shaving deals. He is doing his best to maintain optimism, but if you read between the lines, you can tell he's unhappy.

https://www.si.com/fannation/mlb/fastba ... dump-deals

Michael K.

Post by Michael K. » Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:43 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:29 am
D-train wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:20 pm
Here it's being read as a shot at ownership, the cards being dealt are them not spending money
The Seattle Mariners are confounding and angering fans with their moves this offseason, and they may just be angering their manager too.

Speaking at the Winter Meetings in Nashville on Monday, Scott Servais made it pretty clear he's not a huge fan of the team trading away both Eugenio Suarez and Jarred Kelenic in salary shaving deals. He is doing his best to maintain optimism, but if you read between the lines, you can tell he's unhappy.

https://www.si.com/fannation/mlb/fastba ... dump-deals
Of course he’s unhappy. He is ripped constantly for not winning with a dogshit offense, and it appears the dogshit we had last year is going to look pretty good compared to this year. I’d be unhappy too. My guess is the Organization has been lying to him, just like they have been to us and the media.