3B Platoon

D-train

Re: 3B Platoon

Post by D-train » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:43 pm

I wonder why Cameron singled out Anderson???
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:51 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:26 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:04 pm
Garver is an upgrade over Ford at DH. Ford was a nice story and all that but nobody has even picked him up this season
Yes he is but will he be worth $10M+ more for an org claiming to be a poverty Franchise?
I think the curve of diminishing returns is pretty steep in baseball. I also think the gap between the two is considered large. That is unless Ford is holding out for a sizable contact. As far as I can tell he's been forgotten

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:01 pm

Yep, the lost boys of the the 2023-24 off season. Ford, Bellinger, Chapman, Soler and Snell....
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:08 pm

Haven't seen Ford name mentioned

bpj

Post by bpj » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:37 pm

Ford will probably end up with a team like the Pirates. Maybe the Marlins or Tigers.

If the choice was between a Ford/Moore platoon or spending an extra $10M on Garver, I'd take Ford/Moore and put the money saved towards paying half of Snell's contract (first choice would be Bauer, but they're pussies and wouldn't do that).

Garver, Urias and Polanco are all going to be disappointments imo.

Garver has the best bat of the group, but he's a pretty mediocre DH option that they paid like a full time OF'er.

Has been a hugely disappointing offseason imo. There are still 5 unsigned players remaining in free agency that are better than the guys we got- that's how we know it was a weak offseason imo.

Just another cost cutting offseason. They're getting praise because they turned over half the lineup and kept the payroll about the same. Whoopity doo.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:58 pm

bpj wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:37 pm
Ford will probably end up with a team like the Pirates. Maybe the Marlins or Tigers.

If the choice was between a Ford/Moore platoon or spending an extra $10M on Garver, I'd take Ford/Moore and put the money saved towards paying half of Snell's contract (first choice would be Bauer, but they're pussies and wouldn't do that).

Garver has the best bat of the group, but he's a pretty mediocre DH option that they paid like a full time OF'er.

Has been a hugely disappointing offseason imo. There are still 5 unsigned players remaining in free agency that are better than the guys we got- that's how we know it was a weak offseason imo.

Just another cost cutting offseason. They're getting praise because they turned over half the lineup and kept the payroll about the same. Whoopity doo.
The best analogy I have seen is it is like tying one hand behind your back before getting into a fight and then you get your ass beat and expect to get Kudos for trying to win the fight with only one hand. It is Pathetic.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:07 pm

Who cares about the players though???? This team is Stacked with great giveaways!!!!
Capture3.JPG
Capture3.JPG (113.79 KiB) Viewed 213 times
dt

bpj

Post by bpj » Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:20 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:58 pm
bpj wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:37 pm

The best analogy I have seen is it is like tying one hand behind your back before getting into a fight and then you get your ass beat and expect to get Kudos for trying to win the fight with only one hand. It is Pathetic.
Man.. that is a good one, and it does feel like that.

And they'll be flabbergasted at the end of the season when they come up just short of the playoffs again. I saw the new dork GM saying that they felt like they hadn't done enough last offseason.

And then they went and did the same this offseason....

The only reason we have a chance at the playoffs right now is probably because the other teams on the bubble haven't added one or two of the remaining free agents yet.

We know we're done. But the other maybe's like the Red Sox, Blue Jays, even the Twins, could still add a Snell, Bauer, Bellinger, Martinez, etc, and put their team ahead of us.

At least the M's shuffled those deck chairs though...

roosevelt

Post by roosevelt » Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:38 pm

The M's corner the market on Utility players and Platoon volunteers.

Hasn't worked before... and likely won't work this time.

bpj

Post by bpj » Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:05 am

roosevelt wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:38 pm
The M's corner the market on Utility players and Platoon volunteers.

Hasn't worked before... and likely won't work this time.
Lol, yep.

The worst part about it all is if the Mariners added Bauer, Snell or Bellinger, we'd be the bubble team with the best chance.

Adding a SP would allow them to trade a young SP for a MOTO bat. But they've apparently decided they don't need any of those anyways.