dt

Sports Hernia

Re: Where’s the offense GT 4/3

Post by Sports Hernia » Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:22 am

D-train wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:17 am
Sports Hernia wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:27 pm
It can be argued that FA hitters don’t want to come here because ownership doesn’t want to pay anywhere close to top dollar for talent.
Exactly and welcome to the Forum!!! Misery loves company. lol
Thanks. I’m a Seattle sports fan. My default setting is miserable. 😎

Gametime

Post by Gametime » Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:22 am

D-train wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:24 am
Gametime wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:54 am
Cal and Julio! That’s it.

Rest are just Dipoto doing his trade thing or cheap FA.
JP and Julio
Jp was a trade with Philly. Just amazing how bad Dipoto is at evaluating hitters, Or developing them.

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:16 am

Philly gave up on him because he was a flawed hitter. I think he is a success story, terms of development a lot had to do with going to Driveline. Dipoto was involved; n that

Why Crawford went there
“Honestly, Jerry Dipoto and Justin Hollander reached out to me because I stay up (in the Seattle area) during the offseason, and you know what? Why not do it?” he said. “And they offered it to me … I looked into it online and that was a good place to go, and I’m happy I did it.”

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:36 am

D-train wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:10 pm
Donn Beach wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 7:29 pm
Don't think it's a secret that a steady flow of breaking balls is pretty effective, but it's in the execution. You miss with them, fall behind on the count and there you are, in a hole having to go to a fastball with the hitter basically sitting on it. That's what was interesting about Dipoto saying they had good at bats. They weren't bailing the pitcher out swinging at breaking balls out of the strike zone
Can't believe you take a single thing that joker says seriously. More BS comes out of his mouth than a Bull's Ass....
I wasn't referring to what Dipoto said in terms of the importance of breaking balls. But in terms of what he said. I commented it could be tested. I don't think you have teams that hit breaking balls well as much as you have teams that take good at bats, grind it out so to speak. They aren't swinging at breaking balls a foot outside or bouncing in the dirt. That's what Dipoto is saying. They swung at the proper pitches, they just didn't hit them. You could go through the statcast data and see if that's true or bullshit