Kelenic trade

D-train

Re: Kelenic trade

Post by D-train » Mon May 20, 2024 9:23 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 3:20 am
Its years of control they paid for, and yes, they are still in play. Why would they have expected anything much different from kelenic this season based on his history? They traded for him expecting immediate reward? The guys a project that cost them very little. The reason they felt they could take on the project is because of the strength of their lineup.
Oh yeah, I am sure he will figure it out in his 5th season. He's so young!......so much talent! All those tools! :lol: :lol: :lol:

0-3 with 2K last night. Now down to 0.1 bWAR and a .642 OPS. 82 OPS+. I bet they are overjoyed they get that for almost another FIVE seasons.
Screenshot 2024-05-20 5.25.16 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-05-20 5.25.16 AM.png (29.02 KiB) Viewed 137 times
dt

Sexymarinersfan

Post by Sexymarinersfan » Mon May 20, 2024 11:46 am

D-train wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 9:23 am
Donn Beach wrote:
Its years of control they paid for, and yes, they are still in play. Why would they have expected anything much different from kelenic this season based on his history? They traded for him expecting immediate reward? The guys a project that cost them very little. The reason they felt they could take on the project is because of the strength of their lineup.
Oh yeah, I am sure he will figure it out in his 5th season. He's so young!......so much talent! All those tools! :lol: :lol: :lol:

0-3 with 2K last night. Now down to 0.1 bWAR and a .642 OPS. 82 OPS+. I bet they are overjoyed they get that for almost another FIVE seasons.

You just need to give him more time.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon May 20, 2024 11:52 am

Sexymarinersfan wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 11:46 am
D-train wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 9:23 am
Donn Beach wrote:

You just need to give him more time.
:lol:
dt

Donn Beach

Post by Donn Beach » Mon May 20, 2024 12:46 pm

I'm betting Anthopoulos is willing to give it more time. I seriously doubt he expected it to be decided the first two months of this season. That's what he invested in, the mariners running out of patience. Of course then you can rip him for not conceding the mistake he made. It's interesting the idiots that get to run ML baseball teams.

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon May 20, 2024 1:31 pm

Donn Beach wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 12:46 pm
I'm betting Anthopoulos is willing to give it more time. I seriously doubt he expected it to be decided the first two months of this season. That's what he invested in, the mariners running out of patience. Of course then you can rip him for not conceding the mistake he made. It's interesting the idiots that get to run ML baseball teams.
Yep, he will give him until he can trade for a bat in a month or two and then will send him down and he will essentially be a $21M minor leaguer with zero options remaining.
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon May 20, 2024 1:39 pm

btw the Braves are more games out of 1st place than the Astros are. They aren't the type of org that is going F around all season with a Corner OFer platoon that both have OPS+ in the low 80s and have combined for 0.3 bWAR.
dt

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Mon May 20, 2024 1:41 pm

Braves are doing OK. When you are smart and willing to spend money you can take chances, and it’sOK if not all of them pay off
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon May 20, 2024 1:50 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 1:41 pm
Braves are doing OK. When you are smart and willing to spend money you can take chances, and it’sOK if not all of them pay off
I suppose it was reasonable that they could have expected him to replicate last season's mid 700s OPS but if they had just looked at the game logs they should have seen that the first 3 fluky weeks massively inflated his otherwise terrible year. For $24M (Duvall is making $3M) they could have signed a full time LF with a pretty good track record instead of roll with a Mariner like platoon and hope for the best and they would be less than 5 back.

Could have stuck with Rosario for $2M. He has put up about the same #s as JK.
dt

Juliooooo

Post by Juliooooo » Mon May 20, 2024 2:00 pm

D-train wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 1:50 pm
Juliooooo wrote:
I suppose it was reasonable that they could have expected him to replicate last season's mid 700s OPS but if they had just looked at the game logs they should have seen that the first 3 fluky weeks massively inflated his otherwise terrible year. For $24M (Duvall is making $3M) they could have signed a full time LF with a pretty good track record instead of roll with a Mariner like platoon and hope for the best and they would be less than 5 back.

The thing about gambling is you don’t always win. If you are smart with when and how you do it though, you will lose some, but it won’t sink you.
The poster formerly known as Kingfelixk. With a new forum comes a new boardname. Julio is my guy, plus we share a birthday, so that's Culiooooo

Adopt a Mariner-Julio Rodriguez

D-train

Post by D-train » Mon May 20, 2024 2:07 pm

Juliooooo wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 2:00 pm
D-train wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 1:50 pm
Juliooooo wrote:

The thing about gambling is you don’t always win. If you are smart with when and how you do it though, you will lose some, but it won’t sink you.
Sure but they gambled on pedigree over production. M's gambled about the same amount on Garver and Polanco and they both are looking like busts but at least they were good last season unlike Urias who predictably still sucks...
dt