Urias to AAA finally, Clase back

D-train

Re: Urias to AAA finally, Clase back

Post by D-train » Tue May 28, 2024 10:53 am

Donn Beach wrote:
Tue May 28, 2024 7:40 am
And there you go, interesting
To improve his timing, Rodríguez has incorporated new pregame hitting drills to his routine to stay behind the ball. The results are—slowly—starting to show. Rodríguez’s expected slugging increased from .368 in April to .477 in May, which is about what it was last season (.475). He appears very close to going on a tear.
Better late than never but why 50 games into the season????
dt

GL_Storm

Post by GL_Storm » Tue May 28, 2024 4:22 pm

I think Urias was a good acquisition in terms of process, and it may still turn out well. Suarez was clearly in decline and they were able to offload his salary to the Diamondbacks. Urias is 27 and the gamble was that his sub-par performance in 2023 was injury related and that they were buying low on what would turn out to be something like a league average 3B. Obviously that hasn't turned out to be the case.

But I'm curious how the player does at AAA and I'm hoping they give him at least a couple of months down there. This was a pretty good player in 2021 and 2022, and at 27 I don't think that has just gone away. However, I do wonder if the desire and work ethic is there given that he's now been traded twice for not much in return. That may be unfair speculation, but there's been almost no reporting on the guy and that abscense, to me, is sort of a tell.

One possibility is that I think we could see Urias get traded again, probably for a AAA reliever or one that just got DFA'd off some other team's 40.

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue May 28, 2024 4:53 pm

GL_Storm wrote:
Tue May 28, 2024 4:22 pm
I think Urias was a good acquisition in terms of process, and it may still turn out well. Suarez was clearly in decline and they were able to offload his salary to the Diamondbacks. Urias is 27 and the gamble was that his sub-par performance in 2023 was injury related and that they were buying low on what would turn out to be something like a league average 3B. Obviously that hasn't turned out to be the case.

But I'm curious how the player does at AAA and I'm hoping they give him at least a couple of months down there. This was a pretty good player in 2021 and 2022, and at 27 I don't think that has just gone away. However, I do wonder if the desire and work ethic is there given that he's now been traded twice for not much in return. That may be unfair speculation, but there's been almost no reporting on the guy and that abscense, to me, is sort of a tell.

One possibility is that I think we could see Urias get traded again, probably for a AAA reliever or one that just got DFA'd off some other team's 40.
This is my Brother's best friend in JR. High. I have known him for almost 45 years. 1000% credibility.
Screenshot 2024-05-28 12.50.05 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-05-28 12.50.05 PM.png (41 KiB) Viewed 151 times
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue May 28, 2024 4:55 pm

GL_Storm wrote:

Trading Geno was more than fine. Getting back a dogshit BU Catcher and a BAD AAA pitcher for him was pathetic. Replacing him with Urias doubled down on that trade...
dt

GL_Storm

Post by GL_Storm » Tue May 28, 2024 5:59 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue May 28, 2024 4:53 pm
GL_Storm wrote:

This is my Brother's best friend in JR. High. I have known him for almost 45 years. 1000% credibility.

He went to Meadowdale right?

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue May 28, 2024 6:18 pm

GL_Storm wrote:
Tue May 28, 2024 5:59 pm
D-train wrote:
GL_Storm wrote:

Yes! Do you know him?
dt

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue May 28, 2024 6:19 pm

GL_Storm wrote:
D-train wrote:
GL_Storm wrote:

I guess I prob shouldn't have posted his name! Please don't tell Urias! lol
dt

GL_Storm

Post by GL_Storm » Tue May 28, 2024 6:33 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue May 28, 2024 6:18 pm
GL_Storm wrote:
D-train wrote:

Yes! Do you know him?
No, but I think I remember him. He was a few years ahead of me. Football guy I think?

D-train

Post by D-train » Tue May 28, 2024 7:17 pm

GL_Storm wrote:
Tue May 28, 2024 6:33 pm
D-train wrote:
Tue May 28, 2024 6:18 pm
GL_Storm wrote:

Yes! Do you know him?
No, but I think I remember him. He was a few years ahead of me. Football guy I think?
Yep he shared QB duties with Joe Webster. Joe was the running QB and Tom was the statue with a great arm....
dt

bhofferb

Post by bhofferb » Tue May 28, 2024 11:43 pm

D-train wrote:
Tue May 28, 2024 4:55 pm
GL_Storm wrote:

Trading Geno was more than fine. Getting back a dogshit BU Catcher and a BAD AAA pitcher for him was pathetic. Replacing him with Urias doubled down on that trade...
So true, especially since at the time the talk was that Jerry could have waited a bit since Boston was likely to DFA Urias. More than likely the move was made to convince fans that Jerry had a plan for 3B beyond just dumping Suarez to save money. Not to mention we could use Campbell in the bullpen about now...